Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to a person on the swedish forums he was informed that the chademo adapter that he ordered together with the car would be delivered in Q1 2015... So I guess that's the current target for the european version...

Just in time for CHAdeMO's decline into obscurity to really begin...

:)

I wonder if some day Nissan will deliver Leafs with Combo plugs rather than CHAdeMO, just as Sony eventually started making VHS VCRs.

Just in time for CHAdeMO's decline into obscurity to really begin...

:)

I wonder if some day Nissan will deliver Leafs with Combo plugs rather than CHAdeMO, just as Sony eventually started making VHS VCRs.

That would be nice. The only probably being that Blu-ray (Tesla plug) already exists. Both CHAdeMO and CCS are archaic in comparison.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been spotted before, but while researching charging stations in VT on Plugshare I happened across photos of a Tesla CHAdeMO adapter in use in the wild.

57280.jpg
57278.jpg

I didn't think these were out yet - they're "Coming Soon" on the Tesla website - so perhaps this is a Beta? Charging station (which apparently also has a Frankenplug) is in Middlebury, VT:

Mill Street Parking, Middlebury, VT | Middlebury, VT | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

- - - Updated - - -

I was surprised to discover that this is one of 8 CHAdeMo stations in VT on Plugshare, only one of which is at a Nissan dealer.

Now the excuse will be that they are prioritizing CHAdeMO adapters for Japanese shipments, therefore US release will be further delayed. Just wait for it.

What's the Japanese version of Craig's List? Time to make some offers to buy in Japan; there are probably Japanese MS owners that don't need their CHAdeMO adapter much...

Do Japanese MS buyers get a CHAdeMO adapter with the car, or do they have to order it as an option?