Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I would be overjoyed to see a 4 lane motorway for the entire Bruce, I think we will be lucky to see it reach Childers by 2035.

I think we the correct term we are looking for is dual-carriageway, most rural "Motorways/Freeways" in Australia still have at-grade connections on them. Still annoys the crap out of me that Victoria insists on calling the Hume the "Hume Freeway".

Certainly a dual carriage way Bruce highway all the way to Cairns is a worthwhile nation building project, along with the Barton Highway in the ACT. Now that the Pacific highway is basically completed (besides the Hexam and Coffs Harbout by-passes) hopefully this will be a priority.

I think we the correct term we are looking for is dual-carriageway, most rural "Motorways/Freeways" in Australia still have at-grade connections on them. Still annoys the crap out of me that Victoria insists on calling the Hume the "Hume Freeway".
Oh wow, I am not alone!

This disease has not (yet?) infected NSW. But we did change the nomenclature in the 90s when some freeways had tolls put on them, and were renamed as motorways on the misguided assumption that the former description was no longer applicable. All that proved is that virtually no-one (including roads and transport Ministers) understands the true and original meaning of the word “freeway”. Sad.

Port Macquarie is now active in the Chargefox app. Two 350kW units, each with CCS2 and CHAdeMO.

Hmmmpth! I checked them on Saturday and they weren't active... "missed it by that much"...

btw, The Ultra-fast chargers at Karuah did not work for me last night. I called the support line and they could not get them working either, so I left it with them. Moved onto Tesla Heatherbrae.

Last edited:
Chargefox sent an email yesterday formally announcing Port Macquarie location as mentioned above. Worth noting their last two sites, West Perth (at RAC WA Head Office, formerly the RAC WA Electric Highway site) and Coffs Harbour (North Boambee Valley - note, moved from Moonee Beach) are physically up and installed and shouldn't be too far away.

They also mentioned in the email that "We're also expanding our presence in WA, watch this space for more coming soon". When they first announced their ultra-rapid network, there were three locations in WA, the other one being around Cervantes/Jurien Bay. This was cut down to two as Chargefox put a site in Tasmania instead. It could be WA is getting their third location after all!

Finally - a reply from Marty Andrews on twitter said "Nearly completed phase 1!" which itself implies there is a phase 2 coming :)

The Zetland Ultracharger was delivering the goods tonight
22854CCD-B1EF-4789-B16C-ABC610645F6C.jpeg

That was right up at the limit of the charger - 500 amps at whatever voltage the car charges at. You were getting 499 amps.

It'd be interesting to see if Tesla ever decides to move to a higher voltage architecture. And if they do, will they settle for 800V like the "tesla killers" seem to be aiming for, or something even higher?

Though as the limiting factor here was the charger, not the car, there's still a way to go. Hence V3 supercharging. If it ever shows up here.

Of course, that begs the question about whether we really need it to go faster.