Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear protective film kits for the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the Model X, the applications can go from the very basic precut templates to a full custom install that goes to protecting the entire vehicle. Most important is to seek out an experienced installer for either. There are certain limitations with precut templates such as multiple pieces, relief openings, and / or seams. Best thing to do is to look at the work of the installer in person to gauge whether or not the standards meet your expectations. Another important note is, not all precut installers are equal...this is even more critical for custom apps.

First Shampoo after the completion of all the detail work...
Full wrap from premier protective films... Premier Protective Films International (aka Premier Mobile) clear bra, paint protection film, tint, auto tint, safety film, chip paint, kits, custom, car
- They did an outstanding job....not one seam visible save the inside cover of the side mirrors - people can't believe its wrapped
Thick coating on cQuartz from Immaculate Reflections - Jeff did a great Job Immaculate Reflections
Car looks and feels so nice...water just beaded off.....LOVE IT

first wash.jpg

Love the matte finish on the backs of the seats...
I love the look too, in general. Unfortunately, the 2 installs I've seen both have gaps in the pattern around the edge of the seat's "shoulder curve" that let the glossy plastic back shine through. Apparently it's the way that the xpel pattern deals with the complex curves, but since the contrast between the matte wrap and the glossy back is so strong, the gaps stand out. I've attached a version of one of the above images with the gap circled...
xpel seatback gap.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
I like the matte, but unless/until I see a scratch easy removal youtube test of xpel stealth, I will go with the proven self-healing films, either xpel ultimate or suntek, etc. While its nice to know the actual seat is protected, I would rather not see the scuffs/scratches that will occur over time if at all possible, nor to have to spend another $300-700 to redo them frequently.

I like the matte, but unless/until I see a scratch easy removal youtube test of xpel stealth, I will go with the proven self-healing films, either xpel ultimate or suntek, etc. While its nice to know the actual seat is protected, I would rather not see the scuffs/scratches that will occur over time if at all possible, nor to have to spend another $300-700 to redo them frequently.

Really good point that I hadn't considered.

This is the same reason I am hoping to get a price for replacement seat backs from the SC. I'm just curious if they cost more than the price of the film. My guess is that they will (Tesla doesn't do cheap parts), but it's worth knowing.

I'd also like to see what regular self-healing films look like on the seats after they've been marred.

Any recommendations for quality work around the Seattle area? Looking to do XPEL or ClearGuard Nano (the latter would be preferred), bonus points if they also do PhotoSync. I know of a few places, but I'm really looking for happy meticulous Tesla owners to provide an informed referral :)

I love the look too, in general. Unfortunately, the 2 installs I've seen both have gaps in the pattern around the edge of the seat's "shoulder curve" that let the glossy plastic back shine through. Apparently it's the way that the xpel pattern deals with the complex curves, but since the contrast between the matte wrap and the glossy back is so strong, the gaps stand out. I've attached a version of one of the above images with the gap circled...
View attachment 172920

It will take a bit more skill on the installer to be done without the seams, but it can be done.
DSC01936.JPG
DSC01937.JPG
DSC01938.JPG

Dear all. I am going to study and review all that has been shared on the thread(many thanks!). But considering value for money, what's the least expensive protection you would recommend for a newbie on this topic. I think I saw a $7500 quote somewhere on this thread, that blew my fuse :/