Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cops don't like losing to a Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the OP just did what the vast majority of folks here have done (seriously, more likely everyone has done) in that he launched away from a stop light....the only dumb thing he did (and it's pretty funny IMO) is that he did it in front of a traffic cop. The cop was clearly trying to figure out what exactly OP did wrong and talking to folks here it seems Chris didn't actually break any laws except for forgetting his DL. There was no danger to anyone and Chris was within the speed limit. And yes, the cop was clearly confused and managed a royal mess of the paperwork which (it turns out) he had to correct himself; LEO's are mostly pretty good around here but wearing a badge doesn't guarantee you'll never make a mistake.

I saw Chris this morning and he's a nice toasty golden brown already so it would be nice if we could give the flaming a rest now. :)

... I believe someone who thinks about doing what you did has a fundamental issue with authority, and so finds a way to act out in some way against that authority. Perhaps you might notice a similar trend in your working relationships, in your life, etc., i.e., reacting negatively to people in positions of authority... your boss/manager/supervisor, your parents, etc.

This kind of behavior is rarely an isolated incident and it doesn't occur in a vacuum.

Wow. You are so far off it isn't funny, but I'll be happy to let your imagination wander!

Chris, please read this article and let us all know if the Chris Sharek in this article is you, the same person who was charged with three misdemeanors for "damaging public land with a motor vehicle, driving off road in a parks and recreation area and illegally entering a state park."

Is this person you?

Last edited by a moderator:
That article has been posted and moved to snippiniess already. I'm not defending what the OP did, but I would respect his privacy and not dig into his personal life to uncover other things he may or may not have done.

This article has several errors - like it can't have No Trespassing signs if it's public land. It was not a state park - it was public land - and I was cited for $0 worth of "damage" to the land.

So, believe what you would like. I know exactly who I am.

Last edited:
To put an end (I hope) to this post, I went downtown today and paid the corrected ticket for not having my license.

Boy, that'll be the last time I share anything remotely funny, entertaining, or outside the "diplomacy of being a Tesla owner".

Last edited:
IMHO, funny post re something barely in a grey area, not the crime-of-the-century it has seemingly escalated to in some folks' minds. Didn't even break the speed limit. Most of all, went to considerable trouble to straighten out what would have been an unpleasant surprise for someone else. I wouldn't've even bothered with a comment were it not for the 16 pages of piling-on over something so minor.

Land of the free, home of the brave is becoming land of the google, home of the backbiting. Gotcha, you hypocrite / master criminal / borderline personality defective, you! Sheesh.

I just spent the past two days dealing with some of my daughter's problems, which turned out to involve police departments from two towns (very helpful people all around), a highly-dysfunctional birth mother, a stepfather, an eighth-grade dropout boyfriend, at least one person unknown who I'm still interested in identifying, the department of children and families, and a ton of completely unnecessary drama and attitude. There was even a P85+ "borrowed" at 4 in the morning for a refreshing trip to the local pond, ⅛ mile from my house, which journey somehow consumed a total of 52 real-world miles -- an unexpected jaunt meant not to be discovered by this father, which wasn't even the main show. So on returning to TMC, and this particular thread, it's impossible for me to work up any sympathy for the outpouring of outrage.

OP, you're a bit of a dunderhead. But I bet I'd like you in person. And you've taken your TMC-hyped beating with pretty good grace. :)

Alan

AmpedRealtor: how about you post your real name and we'll see what we can dig up on you? Digging into someone's background from years ago is beneath you my friend.

Why do you think I don't use my real name? LOL! j/k

This guy has a problem following rules and respecting authority, and I was simply showing that there is a larger pattern of behavior here. He's the one who broke the law in such a spectacular fashion to have articles written about him that are now in the public record. It's fair game as far as I'm concerned. It goes to credibility. If you don't want yourself researched, don't use your real name in a public forum. Done.

Why do you think I don't use my real name? LOL! j/k

This guy has a problem following rules and respecting authority, and I was simply showing that there is a larger pattern of behavior here. He's the one who broke the law in such a spectacular fashion to have articles written about him that are now in the public record. It's fair game as far as I'm concerned. It goes to credibility. If you don't want yourself researched, don't use your real name in a public forum. Done.

And the same thing should be asked of you . . . if you don't want yourself researched, then don't use your real name either. You obviously have something to hide. I don't - hence I use my real name.

I know who I am and what I stand for. You, however, clearly don't and hide behind your profile name. To each his own.

- - - Updated - - -

IMHO, funny post re something barely in a grey area, not the crime-of-the-century it has seemingly escalated to in some folks' minds. Didn't even break the speed limit. Most of all, went to considerable trouble to straighten out what would have been an unpleasant surprise for someone else. I wouldn't've even bothered with a comment were it not for the 16 pages of piling-on over something so minor.

Land of the free, home of the brave is becoming land of the google, home of the backbiting. Gotcha, you hypocrite / master criminal / borderline personality defective, you! Sheesh.

I just spent the past two days dealing with some of my daughter's problems, which turned out to involve police departments from two towns (very helpful people all around), a highly-dysfunctional birth mother, a stepfather, an eighth-grade dropout boyfriend, at least one person unknown who I'm still interested in identifying, the department of children and families, and a ton of completely unnecessary drama and attitude. There was even a P85+ "borrowed" at 4 in the morning for a refreshing trip to the local pond, ⅛ mile from my house, which journey somehow consumed a total of 52 real-world miles -- an unexpected jaunt meant not to be discovered by this father, which wasn't even the main show. So on returning to TMC, and this particular thread, it's impossible for me to work up any sympathy for the outpouring of outrage.

OP, you're a bit of a dunderhead. But I bet I'd like you in person. And you've taken your TMC-hyped beating with pretty good grace. :)

Alan

Thanks for this post. You are absolutely right. I thought I was sharing a funny story - didn't mean to get everyone wrapped around the axle. I did something not so smart - right in front of a cop - sure. No problem. I get it. Lesson learned. But, I did have to go down to the courthouse, now three times (their credit card machine wasn't working - had to go get cash) and I took my son to learn that there is more of a "cost" than money. He completely understood and learned firsthand the true "costs" of such dumb decisions. I've always told him, the whole point is to make him better than me. He will be. I'm certain.

Then again, he was driving our Volt, getting credit towards his license, and also not burning gas. Good lesson all around. :)

In fairness to Amped, Chris, you DID open the door by proclaiming you didn't have a history of challenging authority.

And in fairness to you (your snarky comments to me, aside .. but "you're amazing", too!), my only amazement has been wondering why you'd challenge a cop. And didn't buy your 'because the law is archaic' response.

This thread probably wouldn't be quite so long it was just owned as a really bonehead thing to have done (idiot cop, archaic laws, wasn't breaking any law = excuses). But I think it's beat to death at this point. No stone has been left unturned.

So let's all move on. Perhaps new photos of the X will be revealed and we can all flock to that?

Thanks for this post. You are absolutely right. I thought I was sharing a funny story - didn't mean to get everyone wrapped around the axle. I did something not so smart - right in front of a cop - sure. No problem. I get it. Lesson learned. But, I did have to go down to the courthouse, now three times (their credit card machine wasn't working - had to go get cash) and I took my son to learn that there is more of a "cost" than money. He completely understood and learned firsthand the true "costs" of such dumb decisions. I've always told him, the whole point is to make him better than me. He will be. I'm certain.

Then again, he was driving our Volt, getting credit towards his license, and also not burning gas. Good lesson all around. :)

Awesome response. Especially taking your son with you.

FB_IMG_1432770877469.jpg