Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who "claimed" anything about brain mapping being "pseudoscience"? If that is even a real thing........

Most of the other shots in the dark which didn't land were not of themselves "pseudoscience" either..

Misunderstood your reaction. But brain mapping is not a treatment, it's a diagnostic tool. All diseases leave certain patterns through the body. One of the problems treating COVID and post-COVID symptoms is the patterns are somewhat scattershot with many of the diagnostic tools. With brain maps there is a pattern that can be discerned after someone has had COVID.

It's easier to treat a disease when you can see the patterns left by it.

VIt D as a treatment for anything has fallen flat so many times.
No one that understands it would talk about it as a treatment. Giving Vit D to someone after they are in intensive care for any reason isn't going to cure anything that put them in intensive care. No more than giving a condom to a pregnant women would cure that.

Any serious studies have measured the benefit of having sufficient Vit D before you get sick and in the early stages, not as some miracle cure.

Last edited:
No one that understands it would talk about it as a treatment. Giving Vit D to someone after they are in intensive care for any reason isn't going to cure anything that put them in intensive care. No more than giving a condom to a pregnant women would cure that.

Any serious studies have measured the benefit of having it before you get sick and in the early stages, not as some miracle cure.

Fair enough. I suggest you read the following synopses for more information.

Summing up the data, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) concludes that there is “insufficient evidence” to recommend for or against vitamin D for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.

An editorial synopsis from NEJM regarding the findings of the VITAL study that looked at Vit D supplements.

What are the implications of VITAL? The fact that vitamin D had no effect on fractures should put to rest any notion of an important benefit of vitamin D alone to prevent fractures in the larger population. Adding those findings to previous reports from VITAL and other trials showing the lack of an effect for preventing numerous conditions suggests that providers should stop screening for 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels or recommending vitamin D supplements, and people should stop taking vitamin D supplements to prevent major diseases or extend life.

Fair enough. I suggest you read the following synopses for more information.

Yeah, that's a response with the mindset of using Vit D as a "cure" after the fact. Totally bogus. The serious studies are looking at before infection or before major symptoms start after infection.

You linking to anyone that talks about how it isn't a post infection cure for those that are already having major symptoms doesn't address that distinction.

It's a straw man argument to say Vit D isn't a miracle cure for everything. I'm not even saying it's a miracle cure for one thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: madodel

Any serious studies have measured the benefit of having sufficient Vit D before you get sick and in the early stages, not as some miracle cure.
So the suggestion is people without a suntan do worse with covid, so maybe pump in some vitamin D at some point or not? What about a tanning booth? Or better yet tan their backs. Prone in a tanning booth should be twice as good. How do folks with scurvy do when they get covid? And have we even looked at the benefits of handing out condoms to pregnant women or are we just making assumptions? What about pregnant women with scurvy?

Yeah, that's a response with the mindset of using Vit D as a "cure" after the fact. Totally bogus. The serious studies are looking at before infection or before major symptoms start after infection.

You linking to anyone that talks about how it isn't a post infection cure for those that are already having major symptoms doesn't address that distinction.

It's a straw man argument to say Vit D isn't a miracle cure for everything. I'm not even saying it's a miracle cure for one thing.
It feels like you are trying to confuse the issue, going on about cures, but I linked to studies that have so far failed to show vitamin D works for prevention. As in, the NIH says no evidence for prevention (or treatment) for Covid. I also linked a large study that shows that supplements don't work for prevention for anything, with the exception of some small subpopulations which were excluded from the studies because for them, the damage had already been done.

But if you are aware of some excellent RCTs that show Vit D supplements work for prevention that the NIH and the other respected journals have ignored, please share. I am all ears.

I spent decades recommending Vitamin D supplements without evidence. And frankly, I am appalled that I did it. But I followed the supposed standard of care at the time.

🍻

I came across this article/opinion on vitamin D. They make it sound like a blockbuster ingredient. If "Big Pharma" could have gotten a patent on it I think we would see even more promotion given what they are saying in the article. It appears that there is no money in vitamin D since it costs only pennies per dose. The article lists almost 100 references. I will leave it to the physicians and science guys on this thread to evaluate.

I came across this article/opinion on vitamin D. They make it sound like a blockbuster ingredient. If "Big Pharma" could have gotten a patent on it I think we would see even more promotion given what they are saying in the article. It appears that there is no money in vitamin D since it costs only pennies per dose. The article lists almost 100 references. I will leave it to the physicians and science guys on this thread to evaluate.

Well, this advertisement from 2010 has references dating back to the 1930s. Some are not available, but yes, Vitamin D does treat rickets. I did not check all of the older references, but the most "startling" ones seemed to be observational studies, or mouse studies, not CRT in healthy humans.

So, yes, vitamin D is a vitamin and there is such a thing as vitamin D deficiency and there are conditions associated with deficiency. That isn't the same as widely recommending vitamin D supplementation in the healthy general population to prevent conditions/infections/disease.

COVID-19 Patients in Socially Vulnerable Communities Have More Heart Problems, Increased Death Rates

“It did surprise us that despite being sicker when they came to the hospital, these patients were less likely to receive steroid therapy, an important evidence-based treatment for COVID-19,” he said.

Dr. Wadhera cited several factors that could explain these disparities, including the strain on hospitals in socially vulnerable communities resulting from fewer resources during the crisis and the inequitable dissemination of medical advances across health systems.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

You do realize you can’t use VAERS for this, right? Do you understand how the system works and what it is for? It says right there in your document that VAERS alone cannot be used to determine causation.

What number of deaths would you expect for children in a given window of time after vaccination? (Should be able to calculate this from pediatric death rates in 12-17 age group and scale by percent of that population vaccinated and the time window you choose.) Etc.

Think!

Is this legit or "Florida"?

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Deaths dropping but no where near summer levels (chart ends at Jan 31)

The most recent Peak was at 592 on Jan 14th

Still waiting for it to someday drop below 200 (which we haven't seen since Mar 25th 2020 (in the earliest days of the pandemic)).

1676696304368.png

Last edited:
My guess it's "Florida".
The data is real, the interpretation is "Florida". A massive vaccination program will naturally produce a big jump in adverse event reporting. Especially with a brand new vaccine and double-especially when many are being forced to get it to keep their job or whatever.

Why would reports decline so much in 2022?
US Covid vax rate dropped from 1.5m/day average in 2021 to 0.5m/day in 2022. That explains the bulk of the drop in adverse reports. The rest of the drop is due to the shot being more familiar by 2022 and the population of those getting 3rd/4th/5th/etc. shots in 2022 are much less likely to freak out about a real or imagined side effect than those who stopped after 1-2 shots.

Reactions: JRP3 and DrGriz