Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy in Idaho did the same. He's a skin pathologist and totally went down the path of "alternative" treatments and anti ("needle rape") vaccine. He has no office and doesn't actually see patients in person. But he prescribed Ivermectin, including to out of state patients..

He was rewarded by being appointed to the Central District Health Board. The state medical board did nothing. Washington State Medical board is investigating and just charged him.

Perhaps I am not reading the Positivity Tracker charts correctly, but it appears that the unvaccinated positivity rate is lower?
Less unvaccinated are likely going to Walgreen (etc) unless it is 'critical'. They likely are not going because they really do not want to know if they have Covid.

Below is someone I know from my youth in small-town America. I think I removed all identifying details. Yellow underlines added by me.

sop5W1y.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: madodel and DrGriz
Less unvaccinated are likely going to Walgreen (etc) unless it is 'critical'. They likely are not going because they really do not want to know if they have Covid.

Below is someone I know from my youth in small-town America. I think I removed all identifying details. Yellow underlines added by me.

sop5W1y.jpg
We've had patients who, literally, their last words were "I don't have Covid!". Just before they were intubated.

We've had patients who, literally, their last words were "I don't have Covid!". Just before they were intubated.
Yeah, my wife had people begging for the vaccine just before they were intubated and others denying that COVID existed and refusing to be tested. Luckily the variants morphed to being less pulmonary so that's been a while. Whatever your politics, why go to the hospital and then refuse to be tested so you can be treated?

FWIW, I've had five Moderna Covid shots total (sixth due in Feb), and the worst side effect has been pulling off the bandage.
I had Moderna first two shots; first shot my arm was so sore I couldn’t sleep that night, second shot I could barely make it to and from the bathroom for two days. Booster was Pfizer and just felt a bit ‘off’ for a day. I’ll be doing a fourth shot soon; the Pfizer bi-v one and hoping side effects are like last time.

Obviously, I have not been vaccinating as frequently as suggested - it’s just too much for my body. To my advantage, I am anti-social naturally and it’s my day to day life since I was a kid, and I have no problem wearing a mask when I must be amongst humans.

I have not had COVID, nor has my spouse, to the best of our knowledge. I haven’t even had the sniffles since this all began. *knocking on wood*

I always told my medical students and residents, "As a physician, you can most certainly practice outside the accepted medical guidelines. In fact, you sometimes should. The only caveat being, when you step outside those boundaries, you have to be right." And have the knowledge to support those actions. The world will notice. Watching Fox "News" ain't gonna get you there.........A reasonably educated monkey could have seen that one coming...........

Last edited:
4A041CF6-3E7A-4C59-AD8D-47B9F8128985.jpeg

(Inaccurate.)

I could not bring myself to read the word salad article thoroughly.

However, I do not think the grifters had the right strategy on COVID. There were a lot of ways to improve the response and those should be examined and applied next time. It did cost lives, but not in the way the article suggests.

It’s pretty clear at this point that the interventions saved around a million lives in this country, so I actually think the efforts made were pretty successful. It just could have been even better, and certainly less divisive.

And I think it is reasonable to assign blame to those who decided to use it to polarize people.

It’s important to assign blame correctly, otherwise we are at risk of learning the wrong lessons for next time!

The people who claimed herd immunity and “focused protection” (or whatever they called it) as a good strategy were wrong.

The people who claimed that infection-acquired immunity was the path, and good, were wrong (even though infection-acquired immunity may be better than vaccine-acquired immunity, that is irrelevant of course, due to the risks).

The people who claimed masks don’t work were wrong.

Etc.

Seems like in future we should provide the protection to prevent spread, and educate everyone on how the virus spreads.

It’s weird to see someone who purports to be an engineer gravitating toward an article that provides no introspection at all.

Last edited:
View attachment 901939

(Inaccurate.)

However, I do not think the grifters had the right strategy on COVID. There were a lot of ways to improve the response and those should be examined and applied next time. It did cost lives, but not in the way the article suggests.

It’s pretty clear at this point that the interventions saved around a million lives in this country, so I actually think the efforts made were pretty successful. It just could have been even better, and certainly less divisive.

And I think it is reasonable to assign blame to those who decided to use it to polarize people.

It’s important to assign blame correctly, otherwise we are at risk of learning the wrong lessons for next time!

The people who claimed herd immunity and “focused protection” (or whatever they called it) as a good strategy were wrong.

The people who claimed that infection-acquired immunity was the path, and good, were wrong (even though infection-acquired immunity may be better than vaccine-acquired immunity, that is irrelevant of course, due to the risks).

The people who claimed masks don’t work were wrong.

Etc.

Seems like in future we should provide the protection to prevent spread, and educate everyone on how the virus spreads.

It’s weird to see someone who purports to be an engineer gravitating toward an article that provides no introspection at all.
Yes, I read the opinion piece by the MD/PhD student as well in Newsweek. While everything he says might be true to a greater or lesser extent, he actually doesn't support a bit of it with evidence. It's actually rather stunning. Guess he got his 15 minutes.

4A041CF6-3E7A-4C59-AD8D-47B9F8128985.jpeg

(Inaccurate.)

Yeah, after reading that article (I won't link to it, honestly not really worth the time), and it's right for all the wrong reasons.

The thing that most scientists are getting wrong, is that a concerted effort to improve indoor air quality would go a LONG ways to reducing the risk of COVID and other airborne disease.

Implementing standards that monitor and enforce things like number of air exchanges per hour, filtration standards for recycled air, monitoring indoor CO2 levels, indoor filtration, upper-air UV sterilization in public indoor spaces and other shared spaces, would minimize the risk of COVID even without needing to wear masks.

Things that they got wrong was getting too draconian about gathering in outdoor spaces (closing beaches and parks, in retrospect was fairly limited in spreading disease).

Also in retrospect, requiring the use of good masks like N95/KN95 or equivalents (instead of poor quality cloth masks and mediocre surgery-type masks) along with the previously mentioned indoor air quality measures, would have allowed us to behave mostly the same, even in indoor spaces.

Yeah, after reading that article (I won't link to it, honestly not really worth the time), and it's right for all the wrong reasons.

The thing that most scientists are getting wrong, is that a concerted effort to improve indoor air quality would go a LONG ways to reducing the risk of COVID and other airborne disease.

Implementing standards that monitor and enforce things like number of air exchanges per hour, filtration standards for recycled air, monitoring indoor CO2 levels, indoor filtration, upper-air UV sterilization in public indoor spaces and other shared spaces, would minimize the risk of COVID even without needing to wear masks.

Things that they got wrong was getting too draconian about gathering in outdoor spaces (closing beaches and parks, in retrospect was fairly limited in spreading disease).

Also in retrospect, requiring the use of good masks like N95/KN95 or equivalents (instead of poor quality cloth masks and mediocre surgery-type masks) along with the previously mentioned indoor air quality measures, would have allowed us to behave mostly the same, even in indoor spaces.
Spot on.

We have a case where a woman was charged with going into a park early in the pandemic. The new State Attorney General has declined to prosecute and it's a controversy. On one hand, "rule of law". On the other, yeah, well. Now that we know, it was actually overreach. What do you do?

Reactions: JRP3 and jerry33
Got a call from the CDC today.

T-mobile marked it as suspected scam/spam call and it was on a line that I don't give out anywhere (they picked it purely with random number generation).

The NIS are run by NORC at the University of Chicago (NORC at the University of Chicago | Research You Can Trust | NORC.org) under the direction of CDC.

I'm not sure which data set my answers go into but she said the data would go up next week.

I think this is the survey https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/nis/downloads/NIS-ACM-Questionnaire-Q1-2023.pdf

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and DrGriz
Got a call from the CDC today.

T-mobile marked it as suspected scam/spam call and it was on a line that I don't give out anywhere (they picked it purely with random number generation).

I'm not sure which data set my answers go into but she said the data would go up next week.

I think this is the survey https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/nis/downloads/NIS-ACM-Questionnaire-Q1-2023.pdf

How, let’s just euphemistically say…, curious that “work setting” does not include “home”

Having worked from home for 9 years, prior to having to retire from full-time to take care of an elderly parent, I’m amazed that USPS and death care facilities, get their own category, but all homemakers and w@h fall into “other”

• Informative
Reactions: madodel and DrGriz