Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen ONE mask being worn in the past 3 months. That's having travelled to 5 different countries, and about 4 states.
I see a few every time I go to the grocery store. However, I go just after the store opens so others who wear masks likely go at the same time for the same reason.

Here's a long read with a lot of good background info (like potential biases) on the study:
Do Masks Work? Yes. No. Maybe.

With one summary by
"...
Shira Doron, a physician and the chief infection control officer at Tufts Medicine...
“This study has concluded, not that masks don’t work, but that there is not evidence that masking on a population level decreases the incidence of infection. That’s what it proves,”

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and JRP3
Continued good news about it dominating still and no 'strong' variants else showing up.

Any opinions on how this impacts those that haven't caught it yet ... in a sense does the chance of catching it decrease?
Does the population that gets XBB.1.5 multiple times become less contagious to others? ie. have it for a shorter time or are not spreading as much?
I'm not sure how to ask all that but hopefully, the point of the question was still made.

~85% - XBB.1.5 topping out at 97+% in the Northwest

v3xzhE7.jpg

voecJRK.jpg

L9PJS3K.jpg
~90% - XBB.1.5; minimum 77.1% and maximum 98.4%
4Z9LUHe.jpg

82zUtGT.jpg

vYX0ZYC.jpg

Some of you may be familiar with Physics Girl on YouTube, apparently she's suffering from long covid and not doing well, basically incapacitated. I don't know if she had any confounding factors but she seemed like a fit young woman.

Re: ThePhysicsGirl - Dianna Cowern - born May 4, 1989
I saw that as well. She does an amazing variety of YT videos. https://www.youtube.com/@physicsgirl/videos

She did some videos on Covid a couple years ago including this one that showed how seriously she took it.
Are planes safe during COVID? & "Of course it's scary." - Candid Interview with COVID-19 ER Nurse and Epidemiologist

gLcxwTa.jpg

Interesting speculation/review of what happened:

Hopefully at some point the evidence will be in the public domain so we can know what happened.

Right now of course a spillover still seems best supported by available evidence. But anything is possible - and it is certainly possible that strong evidence for a lab leak could swing the equation in lab leak favor.

Either origin is fine, but it would be good to know which one it was.

It’s crazy how Dr. Fauci is always right on the money (except for silly statements about masks in the early days driven by necessity of course). Pretty good for 80+!

Hopefully at some point the evidence will be in the public domain so we can know what happened.

Right now of course a spillover still seems best supported by available evidence. But anything is possible - and it is certainly possible that strong evidence for a lab leak could swing the equation in lab leak favor.

Either origin is fine, but it would be good to know which one it was.

It’s crazy how Dr. Fauci is always right on the money (except for silly statements about masks in the early days driven by necessity of course). Pretty good for 80+!
With many things in medicine and science, what appears to be the obvious and most likely is what we go with, until much later, we look at an alternative.

In this case, we only have the information for spillover, which supposedly happened in two spots independently in a short time.

Ha, hard to know what data to believe anymore with changes in testing (at home vs med locations) and collections.

The charts here are unclear as an example since it is just a post winter trend? Charts

Walgreens COVID-19 Index: COVID-19 Index | Walgreens Healthcare Solutions
bfGFgew.jpg

Below via: COVID-19 Weekly Trends by Country - Worldometer
pO3PGrM.jpg
Worldometer seems to indicate that cases will be close to zero by end of April. 54% weekly reductions will get it done.

Amazing. Elon so prescient.

Worldometer seems to indicate that cases will be close to zero by end of April. 54% weekly reductions will get it done.

Amazing. Elon so prescient.

Apart from the joke: Worldwide new cases are better than ever, but in the US not yet as low as in June 2021. So I guess anything is still possible, and to a degree it still depends on us if it will improve further.

So I guess anything is still possible, and to a degree it still depends on us if it will improve further.
Hopefully you are wrong - since we would be screwed.

I’m still hoping it goes away. Still COVID free over here but the snare is tightening I feel. So easy to let guard down.

This summer will kill COVID, will really be over for sure then.