Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asking a question here: even if there were some virus particles on the salad, wouldn't your stomach acids destroy it? I mean if soap gets rid of it...
I'm having a very hard time believing that is a serious question.
But just in case it is (and I shudder to think of the implications), do you ever wash your hands ?

Why ?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Dr. J
Yes, particularly in the southern part of Florida (West Coast-Sarasota down through Naples; East Coast-Vero Beach to Miami). However, "northern" part of Florida including Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando has a much greater percent of industry and young people.

I'd prefer that Governor put out a statement closing of restaurants (except take out), health clubs, etc. to protect the elderly in the State. However, with Cruises stopped and NY travelers reduced (a current hot spot) it's possible Florida will not see an explosion in cases.
The state of Florida has locked down all elder care,dementia,etc indefinitely. They are doing their job! Bars closed restaurants limited to 50% of capacity. My wife is in memory care, so I have some knowledge of the situation. God only knows when I can see her again. They started the lockdown process 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Agreed...some leaders still have their head in the sand....Gov. of FL seems to be one of them (but lol: in order to get money from the Feds, he ordered a state of emergency....appropriate leadership act is to implement far reaching actions that harm your economic interests but yet more fully protect your people).
The governor and other Florida officials are doing their job! See my previous post.

The governor and other Florida officials are doing their job! See my previous post.

I read the details. Looks like they are not being nearly aggressive enough in their efforts. They’ll find that out shortly. With 200 cases in the state, they should have everyone on shelter-in-place orders until they can get massive testing capacity in place, at least. This is not a drill. They are a bit less than a week behind New York, and New York looks like it is going to be overwhelmed.

Go big and go home. And stay at home. Wait for your $1000/week from Uncle Sam to come in the mail.

• Love
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Exactly! Glad you’ve figured it out. Since late January, I’ve been predicting a 6-12 mo, 50% hit to the world’s economic output. I don’t really know what that all means, but luckily and coincidentally I rebalanced my non-ROTH portfolio on Feb 19th, effectively pulling $50k out of stocks and into bonds, stable value, and cash. I’m less than 30% in stocks now, but have bought back stocks in my ROTH IRA, in small $5k chunks, on three of the recent drops. I’m patient, but still a bit disappointed with recent rebounds, because I still have quite a bit of dry powder.

As a point of comparison, the Great Depression in the 1930's saw a 15% drop to global GDP, along with a 90% drop in stock market valuation (or at least Dow Jones Industrials).
Great Depression - Wikipedia

If you're really serious about a 50% hit to the economy, then buying back into the stock market is grossly premature. Bond funds are also not going to be safe.

Last edited:
I think the governor has partially done his job. He limited the beaches to groups of 10. That is essentially unenforceable, in particular during Spring break that is now going on. What about a group of 10 even suggests social distancing of 6 feet.

Agreed....he took a step in the right direction this afternoon but.....complete ban is more appropriate.

Steps taken:
Bars and nightclubs in Florida must close for the next 30 days beginning Tuesday at 5 p.m.
The governor also said restaurants must run at 50 percent capacity and stagger stables so people are at least 6 feet away from each other.
Governor DeSantis is also urging people to utilize take-out and avoid dining out as much as possible.

btw: my Mom is also in memory care and for a while they were allowing visitors. No more.

Asking a question here: even if there were some virus particles on the salad, wouldn't your stomach acids destroy it? I mean if soap gets rid of it...

What do you think the odds are of all the viruses making into your stomach and none taking a detour into your lungs? If you swallow a sealed capsule full of COVID-19 you're probably ok... do you eat your salads in pill form?

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J and Thekiwi
never let a tragedy go without making a buck from it:

183-per-lozenge.png

so, all your CEOs out there, don't forget. cold-eeze is the preferred med for the 0.001%'ers out there. you know who you are.

so, lets see - should I buy FSD for my car - or maybe TWO PACKAGES of this 'drug'. decisions decisions. which should I go for?

(NB: that was NOT a photoshop, its a real ad. sad to say.)

The US has 62k ventilators at last count plus almost 100k more in storage which are mostly older with more limited capabilities. But the military can probably deploy their 2k to an overloaded hotspot very quickly, which matters in a crisis.

The situation in Italy is grim, but I agree with @FoverM that today's report is not bad news. Newly detected cases have been in the 3.0-3.6k range for 4 straight days. Unless there's been a breakdown in testing or something this indicates a strong flattening of the curve. Their lockdown looks to be working, mostly importantly in the Northern hot zone which has been locked down over a week. Thanks for the great link, btw.

This is still my #1 Italy dashboard: Coronavirus Italia Note the growth factor graphs, etc. Incredibly detailed and useful data.

Should the US get bad enough, I wonder if we could petition Franco to devote his time to a similar project there.

What do you think the odds are of all the viruses making into your stomach and none taking a detour into your lungs? If you swallow a sealed capsule full of COVID-19 you're probably ok... do you eat your salads in pill form?
" the foot bone is connected to the knee bone ..
the knee bone is connected to the hip bone ..
the hip bone is connected to the ...
"

• Funny
Reactions: X Fan
never let a tragedy go without making a buck from it:

View attachment 522855

so, all your CEOs out there, don't forget. cold-eeze is the preferred med for the 0.001%'ers out there. you know who you are.

so, lets see - should I buy FSD for my car - or maybe TWO PACKAGES of this 'drug'. decisions decisions. which should I go for?

(NB: that was NOT a photoshop, its a real ad. sad to say.)

Meh. At that price, I guarantee you that he hasn't made a single sale.

Agreed....he took a step in the right direction this afternoon but.....complete ban is more appropriate.

Yep. They're just delaying the time when they have to go into full shelter-in-place mode, and they are also extending the time that they have to be in full lockdown.

Anywhere there is any evidence of community spread in the United States should go into shelter-in-place mode, at least until proper amounts of testing are being done. At that point, once we have a better assessment, we can relax where warranted (maybe).

We should do like France, where you have to fill out an online form and print it out (perhaps to a PDF accessible on your phone), before you go outside, for any purpose. If you don't have it, you get fined. (So you can go exercise, you can walk the dog, you can go get food, etc. Stuff essential for the day-to-day basics.)