Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_2020-05-05-11-16-23.png
quick eyeball, 2 weeks passed at less than 1 new case / million capita / day.

Also 80-89 year fatalies keep creeping up.

I don't want to discount the intravenous vitamin C treatment for the virus, but where are you buying small enough needles to inject it into the virus? I'm not even sure my hands are steady enough. :(

If you think plasma vitamin C can't be transported into virus-infected cells, you need to brush up on your biochemistry.
But this what I truly love about Vitamin C; it is the medical equivalent of duct tape, it can fix anything, anywhere. And if a little of it works, then a whole roll will really do a great job.

True, it can fix anything caused by vitamin C deficiency, such as a viral-induced cytokine storm, and higher doses do work better for severe deficiency and severe oxidative stress.

Coronavirus

Last edited:
Sneering is not a substitute for facts, logic or credible evidence.
Not really sneering - giving you a perfect example where there is much better epidemiological proof than anything resembling proof with Vitamin C.

You tell me otherwise why countries like Thailand, Indonesia and a bunch of other south east Asian countries have low Covid mortality. Infact so do South Asian countries & African too.

What we don't have is any kind of real controls or plausible reasons.

Not really sneering - giving you a perfect example where there is much better epidemiological proof than anything resembling proof with Vitamin C.

You tell me otherwise why countries like Thailand, Indonesia and a bunch of other south east Asian countries have low Covid mortality. Infact so do South Asian countries & African too.

What we don't have is any kind of real controls or plausible reasons.

I apologize. I thought you were being sarcastic like most replies I've received.

You are quite correct that vitamin D is essential for the immune system, and may help explain the worldwide pattern of COVID-19 mortality.
Vitamin D Supplements Could Reduce Risk of Influenza and COVID-19 Infection and Death

However, you are quite incorrect that evidence is "much better" for vitamin D than vitamin C. Both vitamins are essential for COVID-19 prevention, but vitamin C (intravenous high doses) is the treatment that is saving patients from severe disease.
Vitamin C Evidence for Treating Complications of COVID-19 and other Viral Infections
Vitamin C and Coronavirus: Not a Vaccine; Just a Humble Cure
Hospital treatment of serious and critical COVID-19 infection with high-dose Vitamin C | Cheng Integrative Health Center Blog

Last edited:
But this is allegedly some sort of disease model the CDC is using, probably not that internal WH one. Specifically, I can't make sense of these two plots:

How can the fatality numbers be off by so much, yet the case numbers be (relatively) spot on? And what does that say about its future projections? Is it going to continue to be off by a factor of 5 on deaths (that would be a real grim situation if it turns out that its projections are right and the same pattern continues to apply...would mean over 10k deaths per day)? Or is it assuming better testing which causes the cases to rise, and they're blending in new model assumptions for the correct IFR, without applying those assumptions to past projections? It's just a really weird inconsistent presentation, which is hard to understand without more context.

Is the rise in daily deaths due to better counting? Or is it due to the increase in cases (which may not align with the model's plot of cases)?

Why is there no appreciable lag in deaths vs. cases (looks like maybe 5 days max)? So many questions.

Just seems like garbage projections to me, without a better idea of what we're looking at.

View attachment 538614 View attachment 538617

Apparently an internal CDC/Fema model/graph, that predicts cases and death rates will go up in a week or two. (Probably reflecting the states reopening.)

US projects 200,000 new COVID-19 cases per day, 3,000 daily deaths by June

Coronavirus Live Updates: Models Project Sharp Rise in Deaths as States Reopen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...dc6116-8e18-11ea-a0bc-4e9ad4866d21_story.html

Last edited:
Australian COVIDSafe downloads approaching 5 million.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/cor...-death-toll-stands-at-96-20200504-p54pow.html

Context, Households in Oz 8.5 million

The PM is marketing this hard, as voluntary. His base is naturally skeptical of government tracking but is willing tolerate and support this because they trust the PM will draw the right line in the sand between helpful little brother vs oppresive big brother.

The opposition instinctively felt resistant because of who it done by, but support it because it is their type of policy. (Ie policy co-op by the other side)

All in all, the national cabinet seems to be working.

It is ridiculing racist idiots.

And 7 members have found it funny so far.

You didn't label it as racist idiots, Rob, you labeled it as Trumpers. I don't know how old you are, but many young people look at Klansmen as cartoonish characters who bumble their way along. They don't know better. Those of us who are older remember the tales of really inhumane torture that these white-hooded bigots conducted, real terror stuff that ranks right up there with ISIS behavior.

Here's another thing to consider. You're pouring gasoline on the right vs. left divide in this country by equating Trumpers with KKK types. It's funny if you're on the left, not so funny if you're on the right. You know those videos of people who key Teslas? Most of the guys look like rednecks to me. They're getting even with the left (and since we drive Teslas we MUST be on the left) by keying our cars. Rather than continue to escalate the war, I suggest not tossing gasoline on the fire.

I apologize. I thought you were being sarcastic like most replies I've received.

You are quite correct that vitamin D is essential for the immune system, and may help explain the worldwide pattern of COVID-19 mortality.
Vitamin D Supplements Could Reduce Risk of Influenza and COVID-19 Infection and Death

However, you are quite incorrect that evidence is "much better" for vitamin D than vitamin C. Both vitamins are essential for COVID-19 prevention, but vitamin C (intravenous high doses) is the treatment that is saving patients from severe disease.
Vitamin C Evidence for Treating Complications of COVID-19 and other Viral Infections
Vitamin C and Coronavirus: Not a Vaccine; Just a Humble Cure

Anyone taking Zinc?