Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want someone to blame, don't blame the Deep State--blame the enemies of the Deep State. The news of the day is about testing, and how it became so badly botched that it's now unsolvable.

Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy, believing that the virus was hitting Democratic states hardest and that they could blame governors, report says

• Some members of Jared Kushner's coronavirus task force believed the pandemic would affect Democratic areas worse and may have adjusted accordingly, Vanity Fair reported.
  • In March and early April, Kushner gathered a team to devise a nationwide coronavirus testing plan.
  • An public-health expert in regular contact with the team told the magazine that "the political folks" thought a nationwide response was a bad political move.
  • At the time, outbreaks were worst in Democratic-voting states and cities. The source suggested that some close to Kushner thought it was best to hold back and blame governors.
  • The White House has refuted this source's account, saying it is "completely incorrect."
  • Kushner's plan was indeed dropped in favor of a mainly state-by-state response. Since then, cases have surged in states on both sides of the political divide.

The president wore a face mask in public for the first time in early July, and he has recently signaled a more serious take on a pandemic that he had previously downplayed.

On Monday, however, reports emerged that Trump's pivot may have been motivated by advisers showing him increases in cases in Republican and swing states — "our people," a senior administration official told The Washington Post.

If you want someone to blame, don't blame the Deep State--blame the enemies of the Deep State. The news of the day is about testing, and how it became so badly botched that it's now unsolvable.

Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy, believing that the virus was hitting Democratic states hardest and that they could blame governors, report says

• Some members of Jared Kushner's coronavirus task force believed the pandemic would affect Democratic areas worse and may have adjusted accordingly, Vanity Fair reported.
  • In March and early April, Kushner gathered a team to devise a nationwide coronavirus testing plan.
  • An public-health expert in regular contact with the team told the magazine that "the political folks" thought a nationwide response was a bad political move.
  • At the time, outbreaks were worst in Democratic-voting states and cities. The source suggested that some close to Kushner thought it was best to hold back and blame governors.
  • The White House has refuted this source's account, saying it is "completely incorrect."
  • Kushner's plan was indeed dropped in favor of a mainly state-by-state response. Since then, cases have surged in states on both sides of the political divide.

The president wore a face mask in public for the first time in early July, and he has recently signaled a more serious take on a pandemic that he had previously downplayed.

On Monday, however, reports emerged that Trump's pivot may have been motivated by advisers showing him increases in cases in Republican and swing states — "our people," a senior administration official told The Washington Post.

Further evidence that Kushner and the Trump Administration has been principally interested in assigning blame as opposed to problem-solving and addressing the outbreak.

I'm usually inclined to blame incompetence over malice, but the only possible explanation for the US gov is

malice AND incompetence

Further evidence that Kushner and the Trump Administration has been principally interested in assigning blame as opposed to problem-solving and addressing the outbreak.
Much worse than that. They view Covid-19 as an election tool. Lives have no meaning

But it is not news that these people are sociopaths.

Let me bring this to a personal level. You might find it easier to follow:

I am 62, and make an effort to be healthy. I am not fat, I do not smoke, take drugs, or eat animals. In normal times I can expect to have a good quality of life I enjoy very much for another 20 years. However, I have asthma, and infection by Covid-19 for me is a high risk look at death.

My health is now dependent on the public not infecting me. It depends on people like you wearing a mask and social distancing. I am not asking people like you to not work, or not go to school, or to stay at home. I want you to behave in a manner that keeps the pandemic in check.

Imagine my reaction when people like you say "I have the right to infect anybody I please."

More Lord of the Flies crap. What we need is a competent government. In other words anyone other than the terminally stupid corrupt one we currently have.

First of all, glad you think you are doing everything ‘healthy’...however, let’s define healthy. You do not eat animals...do you think that is healthy to not eat animals which is what our ancestors thrived on for hundreds of thousands of years until very recently (last few thousand years is when agriculture was really invented)? To me, vegetarians who don’t eat animals because they think it’s healthier is failing ‘thinking for yourself 101’ class...if you said you didn’t eat animals because you think animals are sentient and plants are not and therefore don’t want to eat them, then I’d respect that decision to sacrifice your own physical health for caring for animals.

Have you ever tried a carnivore diet? Healthiest people i know of who are over age 40 eat 100% carnivore (maybe you need to follow and hire @mangan150 on twitter, he’s 62 too i believe)...unhealthiest people i know are Standard American Diet and vegetarians are not much above that IMO...tooth decay is the give away and if you don’t know about the cholesterol myths and dogma yet then you should check out www.cholesterolcode.com also www.meatheals.com is a good site....always look at both sides of things before forming an opinion...don’t just look at vegetarianism propaganda to base your opinion on...Western medicine is and has been wrong on many things, and will continue to be wrong on so many things...look at how fat our society has gotten With something like 1/3 or 1/2 of adults in US now either diabetic or prediabetic!, it’s incredulous...that alone is many times worse than this COVID-19 thing and one day I hope society wakes up from it. Eat meat and saturated fat! Stay away from carbs/sugar and low-fat anything...stay away from seed oils And ‘vegetable’ oils or anything with ingredients you don’t recognize...plants/fruit in moderation is ok for taste or certain medicinal reasons, but other than that it’s no better for you than eating cardboard...don’t try to live off of cardboard alone. enough of that tangent, just something i picked up on since you wanted to get ‘personal’...truth hurts, but I’m actually trying to wake you up on this to help you...hoping you will research some of this stuff yourself in anger/frustration of my post and perhaps even test a Carnivore diet or keto type of diet yourself.

Of course I will wear a mask, that is super easy to do given these uncertain times...when you try to read my thoughts with actual ‘quotes’ like you did above it reminds me of the ridiculous left wing media trying to read trump’s mind on everything and create emotional outrage out of thin air taking quotes and sound bites out of context, etc...

Seems there are a lot of vocal trump haters on here which also signals herd mentality to me...Not enough people will vote for brain dead Biden unfortunately, trump will be here another 4 years whether people on this board like it or not, despite the ‘polls’ (they ‘looked‘ worse for him in July 2016 by the way). I’m not a Trump lover, but his policies are way better overall than the left’s policies (except I did like a lot of Yang’s policies though).

FWIW Victoria, spot check resulted in more than 25% of those diagnosed positive, to be not at home when the ADF/Health authority/police turned up. If this is not hoi polloi compensating for mask wearing, then what is?

They were told, 'you are covid-19 positive - stay home', but they heard, blah blah blah, wear a mask when you go out to protect others.

key point, the message told is not the message received.

on the bright side, of all the Australian state governments, I trust Victoria to put teeth to its rules with ever strengthening fines, sooner or later the message told will be the message received

upload_2020-8-1_16-21-59.png

results from test to Vic gov stats are about 24-48hours

upload_2020-8-1_16-26-12.png

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
I'm usually inclined to blame incompetence over malice, but the only possible explanation for the US gov is

malice AND incompetence
No, it's worse than that. It's complete and utter malice and the incompetence is 100% intentional.

They purposely did nothing because they thought it would benefit them and only when politically convenient for them did they start to change their tune (but not really).

Of course I will wear a mask, that is super easy to do given these uncertain times...when you try to read my thoughts with actual ‘quotes’ like you did above it reminds me of the ridiculous left wing media trying to read trump’s mind on everything and create emotional outrage out of thin air taking quotes and sound bites out of context, etc...

Seems there are a lot of vocal trump haters on here which also signals herd mentality to me
Glad to hear you understand mask use; I hope you actually follow through. Will you help with other trumpers ?
Wearing A Mask Is More Popular — And A Little Less Partisan — Than You Might Expect | HuffPost

Or do you subscribe to mask use being an issue of "personal choice ?"

• Informative
Reactions: dfwatt and madodel
The whole "anti-maskers" are an interesting group. Apparently it is something ingrained in our society, that we have not learned from in 102 years. There was a strong anti-mask movement in the 1918 Spanish Flu:
The mask wars of the 1918 flu pandemic

The arguments at that time sound very familiar to those being tossed around today: violation of Constitutional rights, loss of freedom, civil liberties, etc.

Interestingly enough, the courts sided against the anti-maskers then, as they are doing now.

Sadly, just like 1918, I expect no one to learn a damned thing from the experience.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2768952

Summary - young children (less than 5) are a potentially important driving group of SARS-CoV-2 spread. Per this study, they maintain higher levels of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in their nasopharynx (i.e. the nose and throat) compared with youths aged 5 to 17 years and adults aged 18 to 65 years.

This is a pretty common occurrence with kids and respiratory viruses. We know that for things like RSV, rinovirus, adenovirus, etc. that kids often have high viral loads and "bring the infection home" to their parents and older siblings (adolescents).

Seems there are a lot of vocal trump haters on here which also signals herd mentality to me...Not enough people will vote for brain dead Biden unfortunately, trump will be here another 4 years whether people on this board like it or not, despite the ‘polls’ (they ‘looked‘ worse for him in July 2016 by the way). I’m not a Trump lover, but his policies are way better overall than the left’s policies (except I did like a lot of Yang’s policies though).

You didn't have to clarify that you were a Trump supporter. We actually figured that out from the sheer volume of nonsense that you've been spouting. As for the notion that the common dislike of Trump on this forum stems from some kind of dopey herd mentality, again wrong math and wrong answer. We don't like sociopaths. Or people with no empathy who are corrupt and incompetent, who think they're geniuses and know more than the true experts. As for recommending dietary advice to a senior physician who I'm pretty confident knows considerably more about diet than you do, I'm at a loss for words.

Last edited:
v
Not enough people will vote for brain dead Biden unfortunately, trump will be here another 4 years whether people on this board like it or not,

you are not really good at trolling, and its hard to believe you actually hold these views, but lets assume that someone dropped you as a child and it wasn't your fault you have difficulty thinking things thru clearly.

1) biden is not brain-dead. what an absurd thing to say. just be honest - you are firmly on team-red and nothing will change your mind. has nothing to do with biden - NOTHING. your comment is just a random insult and nothing more.

2) trump will not be here another 4 years unless he tried somthing quite unconstitutional and illegal. he might try - but there has been a group that has been working for about a year, now, with contingency plans on what to do if he does NOT peacefully leave come january, WHEN his ass is handed to him by the american people.

3) the numbers are not even close and there's no way he can win. the country, other than his 'brain dead' (thanks for the phrase, here it really applies, too) followers, has seen what trump is like and no one with any sense wants any more of this!

but again, I know you are trolling, so you are not even open to hearing alternate views.

what we learned over the last few years is that psychopaths like trump attract others of same kind. this says a lot more about you than you probably wanted to show, but its too late now.

"better to be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt"

again, sorry someone dropped you as a child. I know, it wasn't your fault, but you should realize that your thinking has been affected.

Yesterday in the afternoon I felt compelled to take a little spin, so I went to Hico. It’s only 23 miles, so that’s nothing, but it got me out of the house a little. When I got there I pulled into the lot at Wrangler’s corner store. I had an urge to go inside and get a shake from the F’real machine. It would only take a couple of minutes, but I was wary. I sat there and watched people going in and out of the front door for a few minutes. By my count more than half of them were not wearing face masks. What is wrong with these people? We’ve got the virus running rampant here now, and we got an order from the governor for everyone to wear masks. What are they even thinking?

I knew what I was thinking. I wanted a shake, but I didn’t want to risk my life for one. Luckily, then I looked around and noticed the Sonic Drive-In is also right there, just about fifty yards away. Problem solved. (And the girl who brought the shake out to me said, “We love your car!” Yes, that was the secret purpose of the trip all along — fishing for compliments with my Atomic Teal wrapped Model S.)

what we learned over the last few years is that psychopaths like Trump attract others of same kind. this says a lot more about you than you probably wanted to show, but its too late now.

"better to be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt"

again, sorry someone dropped you as a child. I know, it wasn't your fault, but you should realize that your thinking has been affected.

Excellent points. And the other interesting thing is that most sociopaths don't know that they're sociopaths. But they are attracted to other sociopaths probably out of some intuitive recognition of similarity. Sometimes it's explicit and conscious because sociopaths know that other sociopaths can be counted on to violate the social contract and other people's rights when it's to their advantage in some kind of transactional deal. Trump likes people like that for sure. That looks to be the real art of the deal for our staggeringly corrupt and incompetent chief executive.

Last edited:
Yesterday in the afternoon I felt compelled to take a little spin, so I went to Hico. It’s only 23 miles, so that’s nothing, but it got me out of the house a little. When I got there I pulled into the lot at Wrangler’s corner store. I had an urge to go inside and get a shake from the F’real machine. It would only take a couple of minutes, but I was wary. I sat there and watched people going in and out of the front door for a few minutes. By my count more than half of them were not wearing face masks. What is wrong with these people? We’ve got the virus running rampant here now, and we got an order from the governor for everyone to wear masks. What are they even thinking?

I knew what I was thinking. I wanted a shake, but I didn’t want to risk my life for one. Luckily, then I looked around and noticed the Sonic Drive-In is also right there, just about fifty yards away. Problem solved. (And the girl who brought the shake out to me said, “We love your car!” Yes, that was the secret purpose of the trip all along — fishing for compliments with my Atomic Teal wrapped Model S.)

Pictures please!

Reactions: Andy O
No, it's worse than that. It's complete and utter malice and the incompetence is 100% intentional.

They purposely did nothing because they thought it would benefit them and only when politically convenient for them did they start to change their tune (but not really).

that's criminal and they should be brought up on charges.

come january, when the white house cancer is gone, I'm hoping there's a lot of bad people paraded in a perp walk and locked the hell up for a long, long time. what this admin has done for the last amost-4 years is not close to criminal, its clearly and undeniably criminal and once that jackass barr is gone, we might actually be able to fix all the crap that he and his boss broke.

the GALL of saying 'well, we dont need to help those people, they are of the opposite color from us'.

think about that. and think about how that resonates with how trump and his gang have set the tone for this last nightmare we have been living thru. the racism goes along with the 'us vs them' view. they hate blacks and they hate progressives. if those people died, trumps cronies would actually consider that a good thing.

this isn't even a dogwhistle anymore.

corruption of historic proportion. trump's legacy. clearly, history will NOT treat him well. and those who chose his side will also be remembered as those who wanted to push our country backwards. and failed.

we will always remember what you tried to do to our country. we will never forget, and I personally will never forgive what his cult did to us all.

we should NEVER let them forget what they did. and there was so much of it that was wrong.

and btw, when the colors change in january, the pendulum will swing DEEPLY and, wow, it might be fun to watch the heads explode of the trump cult as we unwind all the crap they did and try to put us back on track again.