Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have a binary choice. Fight the virus and limit its spread, or be a slave to the virus and set it free. All the rest is beside the point.
Robin

That's like saying we have two choices on foreign policy. We either nuke them or surrender.

We are spending Independence Day in an interesting manner. We are seeing that the government has no restrictions on it's power anymore. They can ban everything from speech to religion on a whim.

• Funny
Reactions: NikolaACDC
I refuse to be anyone's slave and wear a mask. Most masks (short of maybe the N95) have no effect on stopping transmission of this flu-like virus (and the manufacturer of the most common mask even has a disclaimer as to how ineffectual the mask is against it). Abortion up to and including birth is an abominable and inhumane practice, as is the marketing and selling of fetal body parts (Planned Parenthood's cash cow). Gay marriage wasn't enough obviously because now we've moved onto to countless genders, drag queen story hour for children, and transgender restrooms (no matter what stage of transition you claim to be in). I wonder if you're as critical against the rioters and scores of protesters or are giving them a pass because most of them are wearing (ineffectual) masks. It's amazing that protesting is allowed but churchgoing is not. It's also hilarious that someone is still advocating for zero cases before restarting life again. In what universe is that possible short of a full-on totalitarian state? The resistance to the idea of herd immunity is also an interesting social study, as are those who made passes for governors deliberately infecting nursing homes (the people who are most susceptible to any respiratory illness) The hypocrisy is endless..

Nice post . . err, rant! It should be pulled down due to its Inflammatory nature, but if it's not let's just clarify what you said. You dismissed conclusive epidemiological research on the effectiveness of masks (research which you are neither qualified to evaluate nor give any credence to), insulted people as murderers who believe in reproductive rights, insulted gays, lesbians and transgender people as subhuman, complained about totalitarianism while trampling the rights of people different from you, and accused governors of murder.

Did I miss anything? Like you say, the (your) hypocrisy is endless. That statement I actually agree with!

That's like saying we have two choices on foreign policy. We either nuke them or surrender.
Or like saying we have only two choices when stepping off a cliff: that believing gravity will do its thing and we’ll fall, or believing gravity is fake news and we’ll fly. The end result won’t matter a whit what we choose to believe. Same with biology, and this virus.
That’s how it seems to me, anyway.
Stay safe out there,
Robin

Or like saying we have only two choices when stepping off a cliff: that believing gravity will do its thing and we’ll fall, or believing gravity is fake news and we’ll fly. The end result won’t matter a whit what we choose to believe. Same with biology, and this virus.
That’s how it seems to me, anyway.
Stay safe out there,
Robin

So everybody should have zero contact with other humans until the SARS-CoV-2 virus no longer exists?

What if that takes the rest of your life?

That is the nuclear option.

There is no guarantee that this virus will ever disappear. We have flu vaccine for lethal strains of flu. We have never hit a full 50% of vaccination.

So everybody should have zero contact with other humans until the SARS-CoV-2 virus no longer exists?

What if that takes the rest of your life?

That is the nuclear option.

There is no guarantee that this virus will ever disappear. We have flu vaccine for lethal strains of flu. We have never hit a full 50% of vaccination.

That's a pretty extremist argument, and one that doesn't help your case.

Masks, worn properly, do save lives, that's simply a fact. If people were being responsible and wore masks consistently, we would have far fewer cases and deaths due to SARS-CoV-2.

People that refuse to wear them are legitimately putting others at risk, also a fact.

EDIT - and the argument trying to make an analogy of this virus and influenza and it never going away is flawed. This virus is more infectious than influenza. So even if we get a vaccine, and even if we don't get enough people to take it to reach heard immunity, it WILL continue to spread until heard immunity is reached. SARS-CoV-2 won't be around in pandemic form forever, and life will return to mostly "normal".

Well that would only take a couple weeks. If it were possible that would be a great plan!
We should modify our behavior and use other proven methods to stop the virus from spreading until there is a vaccine. The alternative that we're trying now seems like it might be bad. I guess we'll see over the next couple months how it works out. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

It is sad that scientific and medical advice became political issue. As far I am concerned, people that consider it political issue are nutjobs.
I certainly agree that turning the question of mask wear into some type of ideological litmus test is an insanity that is hard to imagine outside of the trump era.

This came up on my Youtube. Swedish model of handling the covid crisis. I guess we can diagnose the survivors as having Stockholm syndrome.

Individual responsibility, I guess we should consider the same approach the next time we have a TB patient... maybe it will just magically disappear one day or maybe by not isolating the patient, we will reach herd immunity quickly. Same with STD, just that potential victims should take some personal responsibility. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure that's not going to work. I can't imagine what sort of modeling they're doing.
UCSD's plan and a lot of data is here: UCSD Return to Learn

I didn't see any suggestion of pooled testing as previously mentioned that other universities are doing.

That does seem like a good idea to reduce testing cost and increase testing frequency.

Last edited:
I was going by this state Gov graphic
View attachment 560117
It's hard to follow CA's daily numbers. Your chart shows a 6/28 peak and sharp drop. CovidTracker shows a 7/1 peak of almost 10k, but still >8k yesterday, and they have multiple screenshots from a different state gov't site backing up their numbers. Worldometers shows a 7/2 peak and only 4500 yesterday. It's a mess, so I mostly ignore case counts or use 7 day rolling averages..
I remember seeing this story or pretty much the story on TV at the beginning of the below:
Inside look: San Antonio Methodist Hospital overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients
I bring it up since he talks about ECMO and briefly shows someone on it. At about 6:10, it talks about the harm can ventilators can do to COVID-19 patients. ECMO has been brought up a bunch of times at my work (my work has nothing to do w/medical field) for months by someone who's been following COVID-19, and yes, I did a search and saw some comments from real doctors in this thread on ECMO.
Yes, that doc is very pro-ECMO. There's a very clear national trend to avoid intubating patients if possible, beyond that there's a ton of experimentation. Lots of blood thinners, steroids and even still some HCQ.
Anybody know if the doctors are using antibodies in convalescent plasma to any positive effect? I might consider a drive up to Dallas or Austin if they need some. I'm covid-19 antibody positive.
A doctor at one San Antonio hospital (smaller one, I think) said on the news the other night they now give convalescent plasma to every COVID patient they admit. There are lots of calls here for people with antibodies to donate, I imagine the same is true in Austin and maybe Dallas.

Anybody know if the doctors are using antibodies in convalescent plasma to any positive effect? I might consider a drive up to Dallas or Austin if they need some. I'm covid-19 antibody positive.

I would reach out to the blood banks, they would likely be the entities collecting this:

DALLAS
Plasma Donations for Treating COVID-19 (Convalescent Plasma) - Carter BloodCare
Recovered COVID-19 patients donate plasma to give back - CT Plus - UT Southwestern

AUSTIN
COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma - We Are Blood

EDIT - and we need more selfless people like you. Thank you for thinking about the well-being of your fellow mankind.

Bong? I'd say mushroom overdose.

Either that . . . . or perhaps the poor guy has just recently run out of Haldol. As someone already pointed out, that post is "so chock full of wacko nonsense" (LOL:p:p), perhaps I should offer him a discount on one of our alternative therapies?

Is this Vinnie97? If so, he needs our help.

morans-png.543587

Last edited: