Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control-Wiper Confusion

How often do you turn on the wipers when trying to adjust the TACC following distance?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More than that, I've frequently done these two:
- Try to put turn signal on, but instead resumed cruise control and shocked as the car starts accelerating as I coast/regen-brake approaching a turn
- On my other cars, turning on wipers, thinking I'm shifting into D (habit from being in the MS too long)

More than that, I've frequently done these two:
- Try to put turn signal on, but instead resumed cruise control and shocked as the car starts accelerating as I coast/regen-brake approaching a turn
- On my other cars, turning on wipers, thinking I'm shifting into D (habit from being in the MS too long)

I DID finally get used to the Tesla gear shift UP being reverse and DOWN being forward.:confused:

I’ve had my model S for 3 months and I still do this occasionally, but the thing that kept getting me right after I got the car was the fact that I kept putting the car into neutral when I intended to turn on the wipers. My old car had the wiper stalk where the gear shift is on my Tesla. Luckily time and the fact that I have auto wipers turned on now has helped resolve that issue.

I certainly had some confusion between the wiper/blinker and CC stalks at first, but that was because I was not used to having two stalks on that side. I had either a Toyota or Lexus as my primary car for over 20 years, so it took some doing to adjust to having the CC on the left bottom, rather than the right.

I think I pretty much almost have it mostly figured out, now.