Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bottom line with Tesla:

1) The wait for the car is horrendous.
2) PRE-delivery communication is awful
3) The car is so amazing, you forget all about 1 and 2 once you have it.

Also, the dates, and even a VIN, mean nothing. They’re kind of markers on the road to delivery. Even a delivery appointment is nothing. I had mine moved 4 times before it was cancelled. I’ve seen people with “6-9 Weeks” get a call to pick up their car tomorrow and people with specific dates just have them delayed for months.

The part where it becomes real is when your a** sits in the driver seat of YOUR new Tesla for the first time.

This is the way.

Guess what's back again:

Estimated Delivery: 1 - 10 weeks from order placed date​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

It was June 3 - June 19th

Reactions: Collette
Wasn’t there supposed to be some possible movement around VIN assignment today based on feedback others have received from their SAs? Seem to recall seeing that several pages back.
My SA told me around May 25th for VIN assignment. They have an internal system that tells them based on when we ordered the car, tge approximate date we’re gonna get a VIN. But 2 days later another Tesla rep told me to disregard what I was told because that system is extremely internal and has been off due to all the delays happening.