Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Model Y Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only photo I have of my 22 MYP. Black interior, Tow package. No FSD. Recieved it on Jun 7th after Ordering it February 12, 2022.

I have added a sunshade to the roof and some Mudflaps. Planning on doing a good wash/detail on it this coming weekend.

So far I am loving it. I have a service appt. scheduled for a bad drivers seat sensor. The car thinks I am sitting in it when I am not and will not autolock or anything when I walk away.

My Y.jpg

Ordered my first electric car yesterday, pretty stoked. ‘22 Y performance in blue with black interior. The white looks awesome but I’m concerned abt my jeans and belt discoloring. Eta says sept 3-oct15. Just moved to evergreen
Before I bought mine last year I looked at so many Tesla car pictures I probably broke the Internet. The white looks awesome in pictures and in person. But once inside the car I found it too bright. Didn't help that my test drives were on a sunny day. The brightness almost induced tension. The black interior by contrast felt luxurious and soothing. Plus, you can leave the climate controls on so the interior doesn't get too hot, or turn it on right before you go to your car to cool it down.

Before I bought mine last year I looked at so many Tesla car pictures I probably broke the Internet. The white looks awesome in pictures and in person. But once inside the car I found it too bright. Didn't help that my test drives were on a sunny day. The brightness almost induced tension. The black interior by contrast felt luxurious and soothing. Plus, you can leave the climate controls on so the interior doesn't get too hot, or turn it on right before you go to your car to cool it down.
Cabin Overheat Protection helps a lot for when you forget too. It uses a little more energy, but is a really helpful feature.

White interior; there just is no other option IMHO! :) Looks awesome, way cooler on the butt, and softer (at least most people say).
Blue Jean transfer is an issue, if you never clean the seats. Also, black yoga pants are the worst (see Michael Bodner’s YT videos). But, use the baby wipes every few weeks. I also use 303 leather cleaner/protector occasionally, which works awesome, smells good, and keeps the surface silky smooth (even easier to slide in to the seat), and really easy to clean. Mine are 3+ years old and look absolutely brand new.
Regarding the glare, from both the seats and the dash, it is a minor issue at first. Simply tint the side windows and it is 99% a non-issue. Further, lightly tint the windshield (70%) and glare is no issue AT ALL. Plus, then the car looks even cooler, and the white interior actually looks even more awesome!

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
2022 MYP built in Fremont, California around 12/13/2021. Car is wrapped in full body PPF to ease cleaning and prevent more rock chips, my car is a magnet for them it seems. Added behind the steering wheel digital gauge cluster which also supports Apple CarPlay & anderoid auto. Added data capable usb-c ports to storage area below infotainment screen. Added model y shelf trunk privacy cover.

To do list
18 inch tires for road trips, why waste the expensive 21 inch tires on a road trip.
Install mud flaps which have been in garage for a few weeks.

Attachments

• 908B62E5-87C3-46DA-AE5F-66CD7248771A.jpeg
    908B62E5-87C3-46DA-AE5F-66CD7248771A.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 63E4D2AE-89C5-48A7-A691-E7394DC75066.jpeg
    63E4D2AE-89C5-48A7-A691-E7394DC75066.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 270
This thread is super-dead, but bumping it because I like seeing real-world pics of the blue (especially when it's been shown some love/ceramic coated). I'm thinking about ordering a MYP in blue...was on the fence about gray or blue, but there were already so many gray ones around, and now that it's the default/free color there's only going to be more.

Bring on the Blue!

Reactions: shawnbj
This thread is super-dead, but bumping it because I like seeing real-world pics of the blue (especially when it's been shown some love/ceramic coated). I'm thinking about ordering a MYP in blue...was on the fence about gray or blue, but there were already so many gray ones around, and now that it's the default/free color there's only going to be more.

Bring on the Blue!
Blue is great. Here’s the only pic I have of it in the last while.

IMG_2965.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Skavatar

Bring on the Blue!
Even blue is common! Model Ys are like the new Camry. I wrapped mine in matte to differentiate a little.
PXL_20230711_015036767.jpg

Reactions: ggunn9 and gillfoto