Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in getting Autosteer/AutoPark and Rain Sensing Wipers - We are owed a Refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, let's wait till 2018, at which point I'm sure you will give me an argument how it's ok, FSD is complicated and takes time, so it's justified why it's not ready in 2018. I paid for AP1 which was promised to have summon to meet me anywhere on private property, are you one on those who still think it's coming to AP1 cars?
You're changing your argument now. I make no claims as to the timeliness of FSD or even how functional it will be. I am just refuting your claim that 5k on a latte is the same as 5k on a car option promised down the road.

You're changing your argument now. I make no claims as to the timeliness of FSD or even how functional it will be. I am just refuting your claim that 5k on a latte is the same as 5k on a car option promised down the road.
No, the argument I was responding to was one of "if you can afford $140K car, you shouldn't care if Tesla doesn't delivery on the FSD you only paid for $3K". But, as you say it, it's a $5K on a latte or $5K on a lottery ticket. I admit, the latter buys you hope of a big payout.
HOWEVER, in this case for just an extra $2,000 I can save 8,000 today and only pay for it if the lottery hits. I would sure buy such lottery tickets - 25% extra if it's already a winner ;).

I think you missed my point. I get that $5K may feel like not a lot of money, what I don't get is why it feels like not a lot of money when buying the car, yet it feels like a lot of money to the very same person, 5 minutes after they bought the car when they went to starbucks and the latte costed them $5,000.
Because the $5000 coffee is about a 10,000% difference if a coffee is $5, whereas the $5000 upgrade to a $100K car is a 5% difference.

Because the $5000 coffee is about a 10,000% difference if a coffee is $5, whereas the $5000 upgrade to a $100K car is a 5% difference.
Why does it make any difference to you? It's $5K out of your pocket, the difference is it was a part of a different transaction, but both can happen within minutes of each other. Your bank account balance is the same at the end of the day. It's reasoning like this by the way why car dealers sell you so many upsells. You wouldn't pay $800 to wash your car, but if it's a part of $50,000 purchase, what the heck, why not, right?

Reactions: yak-55 and gowthamn
Why does it make any difference to you? It's $5K out of your pocket, the difference is it was a part of a different transaction, but both can happen within minutes of each other. Your bank account balance is the same at the end of the day. It's reasoning like this by the way why car dealers sell you so many upsells. You wouldn't pay $800 to wash your car, but if it's a part of $50,000 purchase, what the heck, why not, right?
We are saying the same thing.

You keep spouting this. The roof of a Tesla held far more weight than a Chevy Bolt. The Bolt got a higher score because they score it as a ratio to vehicle weight and the bolt is a much lighter car. Put the amount of weight put on top of a Tesla on a Bolt and see what happens....

According to the IIHS tests, the Bolt can withstand a peak force of 20,042 pounds compared to 19,271 for the Model S.

Here are the results.

2017 Chevrolet Bolt

2017 Tesla Model S

Whether it's EAP or charging rates or claims of test machine breaking roof strength, reality is often different than what's suggested.

Last edited:
If folks who bought AP2 cars are upset now, wait until Tesla realizes the current hardware suite is not enough to achieve full autonomy and they release AP2.5. And of course AP2.5 will NOT be retrofittable to AP2 cars. Instead you will be encouraged to buy a new car and all the hype will be around AP2.5. You feel defeated now, how defeated will you feel when you are left in the dust with a car that cannot do what was originally promised?

Probably why they keep losing good engineers. Hard facts and engineering up against the reality distortion field. Their software has been crap for so long, I think anyone that comes in and tries to shore up their processes gets in Elon's firing line. Processes like promising hardware X will deliver Y before it's even a glimmer in an engineer's eye.

MS16 - I stand corrected. I thought this was a continuation of the previous discussion of the Prius being stronger than a Tesla based on the roof test. I missed that you were talking about the bolt and agree that the Bolt did score better than the Tesla and had a greater weight bearing capacity. That said, I personally would still consider a Tesla a safer car because it is the heavier car...but that is a subjective opinion.

Ok, let's wait till 2018, at which point I'm sure you will give me an argument how it's ok, FSD is complicated and takes time, so it's justified why it's not ready in 2018. I paid for AP1 which was promised to have summon to meet me anywhere on private property, are you one on those who still think it's coming to AP1 cars?

I'm not sure why you'd complain about anything regarding FSD right now. Maybe you're right and they'll just never accomplish it. But complaining that it's not already here, 7 months before the time Tesla gave as an optimistic "Maybe" is silly. If, by the end of 2018, it's still not released, then it's reasonable to complain about a delay.

As I remember, it took about a year from the HW release to get AP1 functionality. Were you claiming at the time that AS was never going to happen?

• Disagree
Reactions: NerdUno
I'm not sure why you'd complain about anything regarding FSD right now. Maybe you're right and they'll just never accomplish it. But complaining that it's not already here, 7 months before the time Tesla gave as an optimistic "Maybe" is silly. If, by the end of 2018, it's still not released, then it's reasonable to complain about a delay.

As I remember, it took about a year from the HW release to get AP1 functionality. Were you claiming at the time that AS was never going to happen?
Elon DID state on January 23rd 2017 that we would see FSD noticeably depart from EAP in 3 to 6 months. Well...5 months have now passed so there is hope.

But then again the All Hail The Musk brigade will tell you that Elon's statements and proclamations are neither promises or statements of facts, just unicorn wishes

Last edited:
That's one way of looking at it. But clients would be better serve if Tesla either have a free trial period and only charge those who decide to keep it after the prescribed period or wait until it is fully functional before offering it.
If Tesla offered a trial period for AP2, nobody would buy it. Tesla knows it sucks, so they want your money up front.

Getting back to the rain sensors...

Have you noticed the headlights come on after running the wipers for AP2 cars?
Works this way for all Model S, has nothing to do with AP2. My pre-AP Model S does the same thing.

TAKE TESLA TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

California's small claims court limit should be enough to cover EAP+FSD. I suggest everyone and anyone who is unhappy and wants a refund take Tesla to small claims court. You'll win, the media will absolutely love the David v Goliath story, and you will bring about a change in Tesla's policies. Small claims is the way here because it is a consumer friendly venue and you don't waste any money on lawyers. Plus, you'll win!

The only problem is, most just want to complain yet it seems none are willing to do what it takes to get their money back.

Where, on the order page or in the FSD feature description, did Tesla give any time frame as an "optimistic 'maybe'"? Remember, customers rely on what's stated on the order page. You cannot expect customers to be psychic, or listen to quarterly earnings calls, or read tea leaves to infer Tesla's true intention. To suggest such is to suggest that buying a Tesla requires indoctrination into some elite club where you live and breathe all things Tesla and accept the shaft.

Where, on the order page or in the FSD feature description, did Tesla give any time frame as an "optimistic 'maybe'"? Remember, customers rely on what's stated on the order page. You cannot expect customers to be psychic, or listen to quarterly earnings calls, or read tea leaves to infer Tesla's true intention. To suggest such is to suggest that buying a Tesla requires indoctrination into some elite club where you live and breathe all things Tesla and accept the shaft.

Why does Tesla just not pull ordering FSD from the ordering page? They are taking money for something they cant guarantee? What happens to those that bought into 24 and 30 month leases and their lease terms are up and they never got a feature they paid for? At some point someone needs to take some action. I think everyone should join the class action suit and give Tesla a wake up call that these tactics wont fly anyone.

If Tesla offered a trial period for AP2, nobody would buy it. Tesla knows it sucks, so they want your money up front.

Works this way for all Model S, has nothing to do with AP2. My pre-AP Model S does the same thing.

TAKE TESLA TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

California's small claims court limit should be enough to cover EAP+FSD. I suggest everyone and anyone who is unhappy and wants a refund take Tesla to small claims court. You'll win, the media will absolutely love the David v Goliath story, and you will bring about a change in Tesla's policies. Small claims is the way here because it is a consumer friendly venue and you don't waste any money on lawyers. Plus, you'll win!

The only problem is, most just want to complain yet it seems none are willing to do what it takes to get their money back.
Some are:

Tesla hit by class action sueball over autopilot software updates

• Informative
Reactions: AWDtsla
Why does Tesla just not pull ordering FSD from the ordering page? They are taking money for something they cant guarantee? What happens to those that bought into 24 and 30 month leases and their lease terms are up and they never got a feature they paid for? At some point someone needs to take some action. I think everyone should join the class action suit and give Tesla a wake up call that these tactics wont fly anyone.
I agree with you, but the bottom line is that Tesla wants our money more than it wants to be honest with customers. Tesla will happily take our money for something it won't deliver for 2 years or more while using vague language to cover itself in the event that the feature is never released. That's dishonest, in my opinion. But hey, Tesla gets a lot of free money this way that it can use towards other things. Who doesn't love a 0% interest loan provided by your customers to grow your business and to use that money that they just loaned to you to develop the feature that you promised, but that doesn't actually exist.