Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are electric vehicles getting more discounts than ICE vehicles? Could it be that in the near future electric vehicles with better range will become available which will make the 2023 or older model years less desirable?

Why are electric vehicles getting more discounts than ICE vehicles? Could it be that in the near future electric vehicles with better range will become available which will make the 2023 or older model years less desirable?
That will likely happen, but the same thing can be said about most things in the world throughout the span of history.

If you want to wait for better, you will wait forever. :)

yeah whats wild in TX there appears to be only one Rivian charging site active. And one T supercharger site with the magic docks. Not sure if the rest of T super chargers will be open to CCS users to use an adapter to charge or what. And with the switch to NACS for Rivian surely there not going to keep building CCS Rivian chargers?
I would assume the magic dock, CSS, and J1772 will all die off. No one is building new CRT monitors.

Because it is much easier to build an EV than ICE- much less parts. The single most expensive thing of an EV is the battery, and those battery prices are coming down.

Also, the US Government is heavily invested in having the American consumer convert from ICE to EV, giving out incentives and such and wants the average Joe to be able to afford one. Mass adoption cannot happen unless prices come down to more reasonable levels.

Also competition from other EV makers who want a slice of the pie even if it means getting less profit per vehicle sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKashima
Q8 Etron Premium Plus. 13k off MSRP was a nice kicker.
So what was the out the door price? 🤔

Little less than a "Poverty Spec X" after tax incentive?

Guessin close, but the Q8Etron Prestige trim is likely more comparable in options to 23' Model X LR IMO.

Performance of the Audi sadly is SLOWER than even a "Poverty Spec" Model 3 RWD...that makes it a non-starter for me 👎

Last edited:
No Audi if PURCHASED since April 18, 2023 qualifies for the federal tax credit. Only way to get it is through a lease.

Source:
Exactly...same goes for MB, BMW, Jag, etc. under the current EV bill.

EV Tax Credit Flow Chart.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Vin shows up in addition to RN. You’ll also get a text and email more or less immediately. Basically, there’s hardly any reason to check the app with any sort of frequency except for us crazy people here of course😆
Update, I took delivery a few days ago. I’m very happy overal, the car is in very good condition. FSD transfer went smoothly and doesn’t even require a signature. I owned a 2022 model X for six months, and this one is much better built with several small improvements.

FSD transfer went smoothly and doesn’t even require a signature.
This is interesting. When I attempted to take delivery on 9/11, Tesla had me electronically sign an FSD transfer legal agreement doc that had my current vehicle VIN, the new vehicle VIN, and date that FSD transfer is eligible for with delivery by 9/30.

If this is a new process without this legal doc, wishful thinking that this is a sign that FSD transfer may be extended? 🤞

Reactions: Jewel
This is interesting. When I attempted to take delivery on 9/11, Tesla had me electronically sign an FSD transfer legal agreement doc that had my current vehicle VIN, the new vehicle VIN, and date that FSD transfer is eligible for with delivery by 9/30.

If this is a new process without this legal doc, wishful thinking that this is a sign that FSD transfer may be extended? 🤞
Weird, I agreed through the app weeks ago immediately after ordering and that was it. I triple checked during delivery but was told it was already done and sure enough it was.

So what was the out the door price? 🤔

Little less than a "Poverty Spec X" after tax incentive?

Guessin close, but the Q8Etron Prestige trim is likely more comparable in options to 23' Model X LR IMO.

Performance of the Audi sadly is SLOWER than even a "Poverty Spec" Model 3 RWD...that makes it a non-starter for me 👎
I know everyone has their own needs and preferences. 0-60 is less important to me at 45 then ride quality and comfort. The X is a fantastic car but after testing both cars the Q8 just felt like a better option for my personal needs.

Update, I took delivery a few days ago. I’m very happy overal, the car is in very good condition. FSD transfer went smoothly and doesn’t even require a signature. I owned a 2022 model X for six months, and this one is much better built with several small improvements.
I took delivery on Wednesday but still waiting on the FSD to be turned on. It says I need to wait for firmware update. Does it say same for you? My firmware is 2023.26.100

Weird, I agreed through the app weeks ago immediately after ordering and that was it. I triple checked during delivery but was told it was already done and sure enough it was.
Yeah, I had selected it in the app and specified which of my current Tesla to transfer the FSD from. And then a few days before delivery, they sent me a docusign doc to e-sign for the FSD transfer that specified the rules for FSD transfer. Well, fingers crossed that they are ditching the doc if those rules don’t apply anymore/soon 🤞

Order Date Sept 1
EDD Sept-Oct
EDD 2 Oct - Nov
EDD 3 Sept 29 - Oct 6
Ultra Red/Black Interior/20" Wheels/Steering Wheel/5 seats
FSD Transfer
Texas Delivery pending.

VIN Assigned 9/16 Evening #415xxx . Odometer shows 15 miles on MVPA.

Spoke with my local Tesla senior operations advisor today; he pinged my New X and showed it in transit from Cali to TX. He said it shows an expected arrival date of 09/28 to local Houston showroom/delivery center. I can not believe this is actually going to happen! Pretty awesome they can ping a car pre-delivery similar to our Tesla app.

My estimated delivery date has been updated to Sept 26 - Oct 5. It looks like she's going to arrive a few days early!

Reactions: NJturtlePower