Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late post but I was able to pick mine up on 9/22. Super easy pickup process at the Scottsdale Raintree service center, arrived early and they were able to accommodate me.

Fit and finish was near flawless. There were slight gaps but I didn't care much about them, everything else looked great. One issue that I am having is the passenger side FWD will not close and give me an error 85% of the time unless I gently push the door into alignment while it is closing. I have a service appointment setup for them to look at.

Also I've noticed that if I have FSD enabled (but not activated) and the visualizations are on the dash, music seems to cut out and lose stereo/bass sound for a few seconds, and frequently happens throughout a drive unless I turn FSD/Autosteer option off in the settings. Even after a reboot it does the same.

Dropped tint, ordered floor mats, and did the screen protectors and I'm set.

9.9/10

View attachment 979276
Looks great! What tint % did you go with on the front? Did you do windshield?

Late post but I was able to pick mine up on 9/22. Super easy pickup process at the Scottsdale Raintree service center, arrived early and they were able to accommodate me.

Fit and finish was near flawless. There were slight gaps but I didn't care much about them, everything else looked great. One issue that I am having is the passenger side FWD will not close and give me an error 85% of the time unless I gently push the door into alignment while it is closing. I have a service appointment setup for them to look at.

Also I've noticed that if I have FSD enabled (but not activated) and the visualizations are on the dash, music seems to cut out and lose stereo/bass sound for a few seconds, and frequently happens throughout a drive unless I turn FSD/Autosteer option off in the settings. Even after a reboot it does the same.

9.9/10

View attachment 979276
For some reason when I see your picture, it almost looks like you have a bumper camera...

Yes, they sent a PDF to fill and sign.

Curious, was the PDF you signed for the FSD transfer post 9/30 similar to this one I had signed back in 9/11 when I attempted to take delivery? Wonder if the the terms have been updated to reflect the updated requirements? The first sentence has the date range where FSD transfer was originally eligible for deliveries between 7/20-9/30. Wondering if you signed the same agreement but with update delivery date ranges? That would give the clearest indications on the new specific requirements since it seems that they've been slow at making an official announcement on any update to the requirements.

Has anyone been able to get the FSD transfer since October started? My car is ready for pickup and my Tesla advisors aren’t responding (of course) to my question about FSD. Their reluctance to answer makes me feel like this whole “extension” isn’t actually happening.
My pickup is scheduled for tomorrow and I drove out to the service center today to get things sorted to be sure everything would run smoothly because I know how the are answering the phone/responding to texts. The sales rep let me know he wasn't sure how it would be done but would reach out to corporate and get back to me.

About an hour ago I got this text from Tesla:

I have confirmed that FSD is set to transfer from 5YJXCB*******104 to 7SAXCDE5******62 at the time of pickup tomorrow 10-4-2023 at 1:00PM.

9.9/10

View attachment 979276
Your passenger FWD door wont close on its own 85% of the time and having the FSD/stereo cut out issue and its a 9.9/10?

For some reason when I see your picture, it almost looks like you have a bumper camera...
Its true... do you have bumper camera?

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 5.02.10 PM.png

thank you! I did 5% on all windows except for the front two (20% on those). I was going to do the front but my installer didn't have a wide enough roll of tint and I didn't want to drive all the way over to their shop. Isn't even that bad without it.
What is that thing in your front bumper? We're all itching for a front bumper camera

don't know yet. Kicking around between 5-15k.
Also depends on what the trade/sale price of my current car is.

The car is $80k + $1400 destination fee, plus PA 6% tax.

with car loans prior, at 2-3%, I would put nothing down and drag it out so I could use the 'remaining' funds to invest.

with the loan at 6.49%, I'm thinking I'll get a good ROI just by paying more "cash" for the car...

I'm active in stocks, and very bullish on RIVN right now, but also don't want to YOLO it. (already have a few shares of TSLA).

My credit union has a way to get a few grand cash at 2.9% for up to 2 years if you do it right, and pseduo-indefinitely if you do it even more right. But I'm already mostly maxed on that as I use it to buy even more stocks lol. If I use chase, to pay that down, I can get another few grand at 3% for 12 months. so... maybe take 10k at 3%, use that for downpayment, or buy more stock lol.

If anyone can find a way to get more $ into Roth, I'm all ears. I'm even thinking of a part time job solely so I can get a 401k, and put 100% from that job into that, then after a few years, quit, roll to IRA, then convert to Roth. (already max 457). (taking a year off maxing that though, as my own investing outpaced my company's ROI by... a ... lot) gonna do me for a year or two and see what happens.

But I think we are getting rather off topic.

TL/DR, it's complicated. when it was below 4%, you put as little down as you can.
Technically your loan rates are better now, let me explain.

Old:
3% loan, with 0.1% typical savings account rate gave you delta rate of 2.9%

Current
6% loan (eg. through USSCU), with 5.25% savings account rate gives you delta rate of 0.75%

So in my case I plan to put little down and leave cash in 5.25% APY account, and finance the whole amount. Let me know if you think my theory is flawed somewhere?

Technically your loan rates are better now, let me explain.

Old:
3% loan, with 0.1% typical savings account rate gave you delta rate of 2.9%

Current
6% loan (eg. through USSCU), with 5.25% savings account rate gives you delta rate of 0.75%

So in my case I plan to put little down and leave cash in 5.25% APY account, and finance the whole amount. Let me know if you think my theory is flawed somewhere?
your theory is correct for that investment choice, however I had not used savings accounts, and was able to have a much higher ROI (although much riskier). My YTD is around 42% on my one account, and 86% on another. No, I'm not psychic, I just know what I likes. and I like big ROI and I cannot lie.

I had not considered the delta of the car loan vs standard savings account, that is interesting.
I know many are showing 5% or higher now. So yeah, I guess if you had the cash, and wanted to keep it semi-liquid, you'd be paying the delta. minus taxes on the 'income' of the 5%. which, first google hit says, is taxed at your 'job income' rate. vs. a stock or mutual funds which would be long term gains (1 year+ holding). I assume most of us fall into the 15% category.

of course, it's preferable to have the funds in a IRA or Roth IRA even, then zero taxes at 59.5.

What I REALLY need is a way to bypass the $6500 Roth limit. so if anyone has any ideas, please share!

but... I digress... anyone get a VIN up in here?
I really hope my timeframe means a 2024. Resale will be much better.

Tesla and carvana won't give me the final 'offer' on my 2019 without the payoff information. which is highly sus since I bet somehow the offer will be $500 over my loan payoff... funny how that works...
Next time I just say I don't have a loan, then whoops. add it later.

Last edited:
your theory is correct for that investment choice, however I had not used savings accounts, and was able to have a much higher ROI (although much riskier). My YTD is around 42% on my one account, and 86% on another. No, I'm not psychic, I just know what I likes. and I like big ROI and I cannot lie.

I had not considered the delta of the car loan vs standard savings account, that is interesting.
I know many are showing 5% or higher now. So yeah, I guess if you had the cash, and wanted to keep it semi-liquid, you'd be paying the delta. minus taxes on the 'income' of the 5%. which, first google hit says, is taxed at your 'job income' rate. vs. a stock or mutual funds which would be long term gains (1 year+ holding). I assume most of us fall into the 15% category.

of course, it's preferable to have the funds in a IRA or Roth IRA even, then zero taxes at 59.5.

What I REALLY need is a way to bypass the $6500 Roth limit. so if anyone has any ideas, please share!

but... I digress... anyone get a VIN up in here?
I really hope my timeframe means a 2024. Resale will be much better.

Tesla and carvana won't give me the final 'offer' on my 2019 without the payoff information. which is highly sus since I bet somehow the offer will be $500 over my loan payoff... funny how that works...
Next time I just say I don't have a loan, then whoops. add it later.
you could also buy an treasury ETF or MM that has slightly better tax arrangement vs savings interest, but I didn't mention it for simplicity of the explanation. I will need to do some math before my order is ready.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl

9.9/10

View attachment 979276
Congratulations for fsd it needs to calibrate give it a day

Curious, was the PDF you signed for the FSD transfer post 9/30 similar to this one I had signed back in 9/11 when I attempted to take delivery? Wonder if the the terms have been updated to reflect the updated requirements? The first sentence has the date range where FSD transfer was originally eligible for deliveries between 7/20-9/30. Wondering if you signed the same agreement but with update delivery date ranges? That would give the clearest indications on the new specific requirements since it seems that they've been slow at making an official announcement on any update to the requirements.

The terms are not updated. Still says through 30 September. Didn't want to make a fuss about the wording since they said they will add back to my account.

Reactions: awd_rails
I contacted the text message SAs today, to confirm that I would still get FSD transfer (since it's no longer in the app) and see if there was a form to fill out (as Barnaby said). Their response was, "FSD is set to transfer over to your new vehicle."

So still good to go at this point I guess.
Same here had to make sure before i make the final payment my pickup is on friday! Ordered since 9/1

Reactions: Barnaby