Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
don't know yet. Kicking around between 5-15k.
Also depends on what the trade/sale price of my current car is.

The car is $80k + $1400 destination fee, plus PA 6% tax.

with car loans prior, at 2-3%, I would put nothing down and drag it out so I could use the 'remaining' funds to invest.

with the loan at 6.49%, I'm thinking I'll get a good ROI just by paying more "cash" for the car...

I'm active in stocks, and very bullish on RIVN right now, but also don't want to YOLO it. (already have a few shares of TSLA).

My credit union has a way to get a few grand cash at 2.9% for up to 2 years if you do it right, and pseduo-indefinitely if you do it even more right. But I'm already mostly maxed on that as I use it to buy even more stocks lol. If I use chase, to pay that down, I can get another few grand at 3% for 12 months. so... maybe take 10k at 3%, use that for downpayment, or buy more stock lol.

If anyone can find a way to get more $ into Roth, I'm all ears. I'm even thinking of a part time job solely so I can get a 401k, and put 100% from that job into that, then after a few years, quit, roll to IRA, then convert to Roth. (already max 457). (taking a year off maxing that though, as my own investing outpaced my company's ROI by... a ... lot) gonna do me for a year or two and see what happens.

But I think we are getting rather off topic.

TL/DR, it's complicated. when it was below 4%, you put as little down as you can.
A bit off topic but I get it you dont want to spend too much money on interest and you dont want to put a big down payment either because you feel you will loose out on investments lol well your making an investment alright on the Model X lol well im putting about 30% down and will try to pay off that 6.49% loan asap! So im not paying all that interest! I plan on selling my model S and my truck dont need both this X has a tow hitch haha!

Thanks - I'm a Sept 3rd Plaid order (Denver) and delivery just updated to Oct 15 - Nov 19 - hope I'm not too far behind.
I ordered my MXP on Sept 1, also in Denver. EDD has been Oct 8 - Nov 12 for a week or so. I’m guessing we will get our car at the end of October or the beginning of November. We are at the transition period from ‘23 to ‘24 build. So, it’s a toss up for us.

1696434840346.png

on the "iamcaseyf" to respond on all of the front bumper camera questions........

Its true... do you have bumper camera?

View attachment 979405
Nope! Not a camera, just a nice little paint/finish tear that I didn’t see until now.
no, just trying to confirm the prior picture if its a camera that was added on or from Tesla. Im thinking its trash or flower pedals thats stuck in the grill OR part of a discreet license plate holder. We all are itching to know! 😂 😂

haha sorry, for some reason using this website on mobile won't let me upload images correctly. No camera of course, looks to be an overexposed screw somewhere behind the grille or some kind of reflection. BUT also found an issue while I was down there looking with some peeling paint/finish that I asked service to fix along with the FWD alignment issues.

IMG_5093.jpeg