Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mathnerd88
Thank you for that insightful explanation. I get everything except next to last sentence. Why is 2024 tax Credit applied at point of sale, instead of when I file my 2024 Federal Tax Return?

thanks so much for your help.
because that's how the law was written.

I'm hoping it means lots more sales for TSLA. A lot of people (well, everyone really) don't want to front $7500. shocking, I know ;)

because that's how the law was written.

I'm hoping it means lots more sales for TSLA. A lot of people (well, everyone really) don't want to front $7500. shocking, I know ;)
@SabrToothSqrl

That's good to know, thanks for that. When I got the $7500 Tax Credit for my 2016 MX, the only option was to file on my 2016 Tax Return. I prefer taking the Tax Credit off of the Sales Price, but hope I get delivery by December 31, 2023

@SabrToothSqrl

That's good to know, thanks for that. When I got the $7500 Tax Credit for my 2016 MX, the only option was to file on my 2016 Tax Return. I prefer taking the Tax Credit off of the Sales Price, but hope I get delivery by December 31, 2023

Buuuut you run the risk of a reduced or eliminated tax credit in 2024, so grab what on the table now or forever hold you're peace IMO!

Battery component requirements get stricter every year going forward as shown in the chart. 👀

Nobody knows yet, but as Tesla mentions this clearly on the website...

1696514984121.png

Attachments

• Tesla IRS 9.5.23.jpg
    Tesla IRS 9.5.23.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 42
  • EV Tax Credit Flow Chart.jpg
    EV Tax Credit Flow Chart.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 49
I finally got a date, in MI.

Order 9/22
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Nov 26- Jan 21 , that's a big window

Same Order date here: 9/22, in Colorado.
Red w/Black interior 5seater on 20's
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Nov 27 - Jan 22 (Updated today)

Really hoping I get the car in 2023. I'll work part-time at the factory if it'll help.... 😆

Base MXLR ultra red
Order date : Sep 3
Latest EDD: Oct 10 -Oct 31
VIN: not assigned
Should I go ahead and do the loan application or wait for VIN# assignment?anyone in similar boat orders prior to Sep 3rd?

Ask your bank how long the credit pull is good for, let them know that your car is not made and might not be here until the end of Dec. Most CU or banks will hold your credit report for 30-90 days. Mine knows Tesla so they will hold for 90 days max.

Base MXLR ultra red
Order date : Sep 3
Latest EDD: Oct 10 -Oct 31
VIN: not assigned
Should I go ahead and do the loan application or wait for VIN# assignment?anyone in similar boat orders prior to Sep 3rd?
Most loan approvals are good for 30-90 days.

My 9/4 NJ order is now down to a few week window so I applied on 10/2 with my current loan holder DCU....their approval is good for 45-days so now I'm just waiting on a VIN and Motor Vehicle Agreement to finalize.

NOTE: DCU rates listed include membership and direct deposit discounts but do NOT include the 0.25% EV incentive which the reps will confirm/apply when you finalize the loan.

Currently that would be a best of 5.74% for 36-65 months all the same, then jumps to 6.74% for 72-months which is higher than even Tesla I believe.

Attachments

• EDD5 Model X.jpg
    EDD5 Model X.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 47
Buuuut you run the risk of a reduced or eliminated tax credit in 2024, so grab what on the table now or forever hold you're peace IMO!

Battery component requirements get stricter every year going forward as shown in the chart. 👀

Nobody knows yet, but as Tesla mentions this clearly on the website...

View attachment 979836
@NJturtlePower
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I cannot read your 2 JPEG charts. Where can I go to see them more clearly?