Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one outside of Tesla knows but they clearly stated on the site that there likely will be reductions to the tax credit after December 31. For them to make that statement they know they won’t meet the full requirements for the Federal Tax Credit in 2024.
for them to make that statement means they want to sell cars... now.
The site says Nov-Dec for new orders, and I ordered 31 days ago. what the dilly?!

No one outside of Tesla knows but they clearly stated on the site that there likely will be reductions to the tax credit after December 31. For them to make that statement they know they won’t meet the full requirements for the Federal Tax Credit in 2024.

Also, they do not make any claims about tax credit reduction for the Model Y as well in which it is likely that it will decrease to $3750 unless Tesla does something different.

Reactions: uberAsian
for them to make that statement means they want to sell cars... now.
The site says Nov-Dec for new orders, and I ordered 31 days ago. what the dilly?!
Perhaps the site is hardcoded to show that now so that anyone looking to take advantage of the the current tax credit will place an order thinking that there's a chance they will get it before EOY, regardless if Tesla thinks they can delivery by then or not 🤔

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Perhaps the site is hardcoded to show that now so that anyone looking to take advantage of the the current tax credit will place an order thinking that there's a chance they will get it before EOY, regardless if Tesla thinks they can delivery by then or not 🤔
Yeh, I ordered on the 22nd, and Originally it was Nov-Dec. Now may date goes from Nov to Jan 22nd. Not sure how a new order is showing Dec?

Reactions: Anish3232
You may get lucky, my last EDD was same as yours and I just got my VIN in the last couple of hours of October 9th with a delivery date between the 13th and 19th
How long after receiving the VIN is the paperwork needed for bank loan made available? I'm getting prompted for final payment but have not received anything yet to send to the CU.

Last edited:
How long after receiving the VIN is the paperwork needed for bank loan made available? I'm getting prompted for final payment but have not received anything yet to send to the CU.
In my experience, Tesla just needs the draft in their hands in Texas or funds wired to them at least an hr before they will deliver the car. Until then you don't need to worry. Your CU will likely need a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MPVA) (and possibly Monroney) from Tesla to release funds. The MPVA looks like your 3 page order agreement but is 8 pages long and has all the details about debits and credits, sales tax, etc. Before Tesla will generate one of these, you need to work out all the other details, like if you're going to transfer tags from an existing car or get new ones, if you're doing a trade in (and what value are you getting for that), the existing loan info (bank, payoff quote, acct numbers, etc), and so on. You probably entered all of this manually when you ordered the car and started working through the process in the app, but in my experience no one is actually looking at the info until you get a VIN, then they get engaged, so they'll have folks out there doing all the legwork.

• Informative
Reactions: rmenk
In my experience, Tesla just needs the draft in their hands in Texas or funds wired to them at least an hr before they will deliver the car. Until then you don't need to worry. Your CU will likely need a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MPVA) (and possibly Monroney) from Tesla to release funds. The MPVA looks like your 3 page order agreement but is 8 pages long and has all the details about debits and credits, sales tax, etc. Before Tesla will generate one of these, you need to work out all the other details, like if you're going to transfer tags from an existing car or get new ones, if you're doing a trade in (and what value are you getting for that), the existing loan info (bank, payoff quote, acct numbers, etc), and so on. You probably entered all of this manually when you ordered the car and started working through the process in the app, but in my experience no one is actually looking at the info until you get a VIN, then they get engaged, so they'll have folks out there doing all the legwork.
Many thanks for taking the time to explain. First new Tesla so a little unsure of the overall process.

Many thanks for taking the time to explain. First new Tesla so a little unsure of the overall process.
My pleasure. You'd think this would be the kind of thing the Tesla sales associates should be advising buyers on, but it seems no one working at Tesla has any clue what goes on within Tesla if it's not in their immediate lane. The only genuinely helpful people I've ever spoken to at Tesla were the ones that work in a call center somewhere in one of the flyover states.

Reactions: Storksb
@mathnerd88
Why will it drop to $3750‽ What do you think Tesla has to do different?
Its the production of the battery components, composition and mineral sources requirements that get stricter each year under the current EV bill.

By 2026 to 2027 I doubt much of any EV's will qualify for anything. 👀

EV Tax Credit Flow Chart.jpg