Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be my situation as well. Have a MXP on order but with business tax reasons taking delivery this year on a MXLR is just financially favorable. I think we're honestly just spoiled because having a 676hp SUV would be overkill for most and more power than you'll ever need. (I'm telling this to myself daily lol)

Yea crazy power that we now look at as 'really good' but not 'WOW!' anymore. Getting a full size SUV with more HP than a Lamborghini Urus is a crazy thought.

Sounds about right, little quicker than a Performance Model 3 that weighs about 1,000lbs LESS... Enhanced cooling like Plaids and more upper-range power delivery where the 3 falls a bit flat. 🚀

Where did you find that number?
I haven't seen the numbers, but my guess for MXLR would be low-mid 11s (11.2-11.4) based on MSLR data points. MSLR can sometimes run very high 10s (10.9x), but it's more often in the 11.0-11.1 range or even a little higher. MSLR 3.1s 0-60 compares to MXLR 3.8 as a reference, but the weight disadvantage would matter a little less in the 1/4 mile than the sprint to 60.

Attachments

• reaching-levels-of.jpg
    reaching-levels-of.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 30
I think from now on, whoever received a VIN, please just provide the 10th digit letter, that is all people care about. for example, I just received a "P or R VIN"

Nah, people still care about the serial numbers, for example, PF421XXX. That way, we can kind of track how many are being produced per week/month or if you got an older VIN for some reason, whether it was an inventory vehicle or a rejected VIN.

The year matters yeah, but once they're assigned, it'll be that year from now on. I'm betting I get my VIN in the next couple of days, which does give me a push to contact MB or BMW for leasing in the next few days to see if I can grab a better deal.

Nah, people still care about the serial numbers, for example, PF421XXX. That way, we can kind of track how many are being produced per week/month or if you got an older VIN for some reason, whether it was an inventory vehicle or a rejected VIN.

The year matters yeah, but once they're assigned, it'll be that year from now on. I'm betting I get my VIN in the next couple of days, which does give me a push to contact MB or BMW for leasing in the next few days to see if I can grab a better deal.
I am still very curious to see when the year flips to 24… and if people could perhaps comment on any perceivable changes that would be great. I ordered just a week ago and pretty much think it will be a 3+ month wait ugh — but maybe get a ‘24 and maybe get a new feature or two, and maybe the full tax credit, lol!!!

I found this one, a not-plaid.
Yup, that's the only one I've found as well. 🤷‍♂️

Good runs on realistic regular roads, so betting it would do a little better on a prepped track.... wish he ran it out to the full 1/4 mile.

Track numbers are typically what most manufactures advertise, but typically can't pull it off on the street unlike Tesla's.

Last edited:
-or- so the legend goes...

On my 22 X I got the VIN 2 days before pickup. 1 day for our 2023 Model 3.

Reactions: mojavedesert