Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X Saga:
My order date: 9/6
Tesla app order date: 9/7
MXLR Ultra Red poverty edition

EDD1: Oct-Nov
EDD2: Oct 10- Nov 21
EDD3: Oct 10- Nov 14
EDD4: Oct 24- Nov 28
EDD5: Oct 30- Nov 20
EDD6: Oct 31- Nov 21
EDD7: Nov 1- Nov 21
EDD8: Nov 2- Nov 21
EDD9: Nov 3- Nov 21
EDD10: Nov 4- Nov 21

No VIN yet.

Model X Saga:

No VIN yet.
Hopefully VIN soon. Just got mine today after my 10th EDD.

How do one get approved for 3.99 when their website says 4.49%?
If you also open a savings account and become a member then you will get the 3.99%. See the last point below.

1699156649548.png

Last edited:
Where have you guys found the best offers to sell your used car?
I just recently sold my 2018 M3 Dual Motor after taking delivery of my MXP last month. I tried several different online car buying service and some that send you over as leads to various used car dealers, including Tesla trade-in. Offers ranged from $18,000-$25,000; Tesla's trade-in was the lowest. I figured at that price, I could easily sell my car to anyone as a private sale without a problem. I ended up listing it on Facebook, OfferUp, and CarGurus. Most of the serious inquiries came from Facebook and OfferUp. I ended up selling to a local buyer that found my listing on Facebook at my asking price of $29,000. It was on Facebook for 3 days and completed the sale on the 5th day. I think my listing was the highest for the year within 100 miles

I think what really helps is good detailed photos. First impressions are important when buyers are looking through multiple listings.

Reactions: MrKashima
How is everyone selling with a lien? I would have killed for a service like this a few years ago. Just wish that instead of complaining it didn't exist, I'd have started the company:

Most of my facebook messages have been scams or people who just... really... suck.
My X is for sale, but I need my new one first.

Reactions: chillaban
Model X Saga:

EDD11: Nov 5- Nov 21

No VIN yet.

Model X Saga:

EDD11: Nov 5- Nov 21

No VIN yet.
At least you're getting updates. I've been stuck on EDD 11/5 -12/10 for at least a month it seems. No VIN yet.

I was thinking the other day, maybe 60 days give or take a few days from order to VIN. I shall know next week since I ordered on 9/6 and app confirmed date was 9/7.

Didn't want to spread my wild-ass guess so I kept this quiet. Now that you guys came up with 8 weeks, I say 60 days, lol

How is everyone selling with a lien? I would have killed for a service like this a few years ago. Just wish that instead of complaining it didn't exist, I'd have started the company:

Most of my facebook messages have been scams or people who just... really... suck.
My X is for sale, but I need my new one first.
I tried to sell it on Facebook. I got two legit buyers who test-drove but didn't buy. The rest are all scammers. I don't have a lien on my wife's 2019 MX 100D. I dropped the price by $4k so far and still selling it on AutoTrader. I gave up the Facebook selling thing. I had a scammer offer to pay the cashier's check upfront at the asking price, all he needed was my name and address. lmao.

My trade-in offer expired once already, the 2nd trade-in came in $6k less than the previous trade-in. It really hurts. The current trade-in expires on 11/25. Hopefully, I can sell the car privately soon. The tax credit has been eaten by the lowered trade-in value.

Last edited:
People talked up how amazing the direct purchase system is over dealerships but I’ll honestly say the process with Tesla hasn’t been the best so far. When I ordered they said Nov - Dec. My current date is from late December - February of next year and the SAs do not respond to any text messages. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the process and we can’t really even say FIFO is being adhered to.

People talked up how amazing the direct purchase system is over dealerships but I’ll honestly say the process with Tesla hasn’t been the best so far. When I ordered they said Nov - Dec. My current date is from late December - February of next year and the SAs do not respond to any text messages. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the process and we can’t really even say FIFO is being adhered to.
Yeah there’s pluses and minuses. I’ve ordered 5 Teslas (2 from inventory) and this whole terrible ETA and terrible communication aspect is definitely a recurring theme with them. Meanwhile the one time I ordered an Audi it was built in Germany, shipped on a boat to the port of San Diego, and like 4 months ahead they were able to pinpoint the exact date my car would be ready for delivery and even send me random pictures of it being built!

But to Tesla’s credit: this time last year I was trying to buy a Lightning. Dealerships had 20-30k of markup on them. I found one with a lower markup but it was a 4 hour drive. We hopped in the car, talked multiple times with the sales guy (including offering to put down a deposit) but by the time we got there he said they just sold the car to a guy who walked in.

When I picked up my inventory X two weeks ago near San Francisco, I stopped by the day after selecting the VIN to do a pre delivery inspection. This serious looking dude in a suit came up to ask what I was doing and I explained I reserved this car and was doing the community pre delivery checklist. I later overheard him asking a sales associate if he could buy that X today, and the sales guy politely redirected him to the app and said reserved cars are first come first serve.

Reactions: Solidred
Used prices took a dump last month... offer for my odyssey went from $39K to $36K at carmax. :(

I am reading the used car market is likely going to take a dump over the next 6-8 months and work it's way back over the next year or so to what we traditionally saw used cars go for. There is a growing number of car loan defaults (and repos) of which a percentage is due to loans originated during the peak prices now being too far upside down against current values (and growing). Of course some markets will be more stubborn to go down. Where I am at, I am seeing it starting but my friend who lives in Colorado is not seeing it budge yet.