Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my 10/26 order is showing 1/7 to 3/3 EDD, originally Nov-Dec. While I sit and wait, hmmm, meanwhile those Lucid Air Pure ppl got some reduced pricing going on. Same 0-60 as MX, 410 range, pretty good reviews, less cost even with the “FSD” equivalent, any of you have any experience with Lucid? 😳 No haters my comrades, not cancelling my order just yet!

I went back again with my wife and noticed a few more things. Talked to an SA and he said they’d fix them all before delivery, including thr FWD misalignment. Hope they deliver.
Odometer says 11 miles so I doubt it’s a demo. I got it as a new car so I don’t know how the curb rashes happened.

Attachments

• IMG_7430.jpeg
    IMG_7430.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7431.jpeg
    IMG_7431.jpeg
    632.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7432.jpeg
    IMG_7432.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 20
I went back again with my wife and noticed a few more things. Talked to an SA and he said they’d fix them all before delivery, including thr FWD misalignment. Hope they deliver.
Odometer says 11 miles so I doubt it’s a demo. I got it as a new car so I don’t know how the curb rashes happened.

Ohh they also damaged your wheels too...that's unfortunate! I mean, to fix that really means a whole new wheel, or they would need to sand it down and repaint? That would be hard to do.

Usually once you bought it and the VIN is assigned to you from the factory, they can't really 'demo' the vehicle for other people to use.

Reactions: chillaban

When I picked up my y last year in Long Beach, they were driving vehicles from Carson. They said they had a parking lot where they were storing vehicles. While I was waiting, a bunch of new vehicles were being dropped off in the back lol.

So my 10/26 order is showing 1/7 to 3/3 EDD, originally Nov-Dec. While I sit and wait, hmmm, meanwhile those Lucid Air Pure ppl got some reduced pricing going on. Same 0-60 as MX, 410 range, pretty good reviews, less cost even with the “FSD” equivalent, any of you have any experience with Lucid? 😳 No haters my comrades, not cancelling my order just yet!

I was curious and wanted to do a test drive, but the nearest service center being 3.5 hours away stopped me from exploring any further.

FWIW I would be more concerned about the curbed wheel than I am about that FWD misalignment. I get for a new car you really want it to look perfect but in reality even for perfectly normal FWD operation when you close them on a hill or a windy day it can lead to them appearing misaligned. There is just a good amount of play and large weather stripping areas that give a good eighth inch of give.

With 11 miles on the odometer it sure seems like someone simply goofed up loading / unloading the car.

Reactions: KL670
Ohh they also damaged your wheels too...that's unfortunate! I mean, to fix that really means a whole new wheel, or they would need to sand it down and repaint? That would be hard to do.

Usually once you bought it and the VIN is assigned to you from the factory, they can't really 'demo' the vehicle for other people to use.
They better replace those wheels. I’ll be inspecting them with a fine tooth comb. Also, I saw the spec sheet on the car and doesn’t include FSD whereas I purchased it with FSD. Of course they have it on the purchase agreement. Anyone has that experience?

They better replace those wheels. I’ll be inspecting them with a fine tooth comb. Also, I saw the spec sheet on the car and doesn’t include FSD whereas I purchased it with FSD. Of course they have it on the purchase agreement. Anyone has that experience?
yeah mine has FSD on the sticker but I didn’t order it. That’s fine, software options auto adjust as part of your delivery process.

I would be more mad at the dealer trying to sell you that car with the damaged wheels and all…the wheel damage is pretty obvious and any respectable dealer would’ve mentioned it to you right away and that they’ll make it right and not make you find out on your own to bring it up for them to fix it.

They usually have a pre delivery inspection and cleaning prior to delivery.

You can, but ACH does have some delay in processing (takes about 1 business day to happen.) The question that was presented earlier if it can be done on the day of delivery. Only things that can be gauranteed funds for Tesla on day of delivery is a Certified Check or an Instant Wire. Tesla would not allow you to take the Tesla unless the funds were cleared. ACH would mean another day of delay for the funds to clear, which means that it would have to be done a day or two earlier prior to delivery.
You can do ACH day of. There was an issue on my account with a negative balance that they corrected but the plaid payment option no longer presented itself. The manager put in what I owed and sent me a text link and I did ACH payment on the spot and drove away.

Ohh interesting, then I was wrong! This is my first Tesla so you’ve got more experience than I do. The way Tesla apps states that the vehicle has to be paid before pickup makes it sound that ACH would have to be cleared prior to delivery.
They want you to pay before. No benefit for them to wait till pickup so makes sense but it's smarter to hold off till you verify car is to your liking so you can reject.

I would be more mad at the dealer trying to sell you that car with the damaged wheels and all…the wheel damage is pretty obvious and any respectable dealer would’ve mentioned it to you right away and that they’ll make it right and not make you find out on your own to bring it up for them to fix it.

They usually have a pre delivery inspection and cleaning prior to delivery.
To be fair to Tesla, delivery hasn’t been scheduled yet so they probably would have caught the rim rashes but probably would have let the FWD be. I just hope they take the time to get everything ready for me this coming week.

I don't think the car is compelling at all, and if it's not NACS, it's not a car.
Rivian, on the other hand, I can get behind. And will be NACS in 2025.

Reactions: MX_TaxBaby

To "me" they aren't in the same category. The MX is a SUV hybrid, while I see the Pure more as a sedan. The Pure matches up more with a MS to me. So it depends on your needs for the car. I want the space the MX provides.

Reactions: MX_TaxBaby