Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot more cars (demo) popping up in inventory but are not tax rebate eligible. Looks like they are pushing out everything they can or do you think they are about to flip to 2024 and there are user identifiable differences they need in the showroom/test drives?
That would seem to be the case or they know that it will take a few weeks to sell the 2023 and they can get current value while 2023 is still being delivered vs. a 2023 sold while 2024 is being delivered even if no noticeable difference to be seen. With Tesla, who the hell knows!

Reactions: davenlei
It’s hard to understand why they are still building 2023’s this late in the year. They don‘t link any changes to model year, why not switch the VINs from P to R to remove the incentive for people to place orders on hold?
Yea agree unless they pre-stamp the VIN's on the firewall a while before they get on the assembly line and they are just working through the inventory of frames they had made as 2023.

Like the previous posted stated, probably VIN plates are pre stamped. Maybe sales have been slower, so still a number of stamped VINs for Tesla to go through. Don't want those to go to waste, or have to melt them back down! We may be seeing 2023 VINs well into January here folks! 🤪

Yea agree unless they pre-stamp the VIN's on the firewall a while before they get on the assembly line and they are just working through the inventory of frames they had made as 2023.
I think its just marketing, They just released a batch of Demo recently so apparently still have plenty of 2023 vehicle's in inventory so until they exhuast that they will hold off on releasing 2024. If they release 2024 they will get stuck with thousands of 2023 models and have to further discount them lower than they want just to clear them out

I located in Mexico, so reading all the delays in the US doesn’t give hope.
I’m guessing will get it until February 😭
Order 10/18 MXP white/white and to make things worse we don’t get EDD on the app, so need to call tesla once a week to get updates, and having someone answer the phone is not easy, at least the bad service is international 😂

Picked up today. The pickup experience sucked (posted about it yesterday). There was a lady raising hell there about her new delivery that wouldn't even drive when she tried to pickup, and because she had already accepted delivery, all they could do was give her a loaner and order replacement parts to fix issue (sounded related to the drivetrain).

No major issues with mine - some minor misalignments with the falcon wing doors, but I don't think I want them adjusted. Charging port does not open either, so that's a service request I need to put in.

Overall happy with the car, but the delivery experience was quite sour.

IMG_0214.JPG

Picked up today. The pickup experience sucked (posted about it yesterday). There was a lady raising hell there about her new delivery that wouldn't even drive when she tried to pickup, and because she had already accepted delivery, all they could do was give her a loaner and order replacement parts to fix issue (sounded related to the drivetrain).

No major issues with mine - some minor misalignments with the falcon wing doors, but I don't think I want them adjusted. Charging port does not open either, so that's a service request I need to put in.

View attachment 992803
Why don't you want them fixed?

Yeah I don’t know about people saying quality has gotten better on these Model X’s. Totally not true and wrong. There’s always going to be something wrong with them. Only 90 miles on mine and already had to replace trim pieces, rubber seals, headlight, and a blown speaker on the front right driver door.

They’re also adjusting my doors since they’re misaligned. Even the tech was like… it’s because it’s the end of q4 pushes and they’re just trying to get cars out as fast as they can.

They gave me a pretty beat up Model Y with over 30k miles with someone else’s prescription pills from Costco inside as a loaner…didn’t even bother cleaning out the loaner before giving it to me.

I really regret not getting a mb eqs 580 suv or bmw iX.

View attachment 992803

Yeah I would be pissed if the charge port door won’t open. That directly affects the functionality of the car. You can’t even drive it once the battery runs out of juice. At least my issues doesn’t affect actually driving the car…