Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for this... BUT neither of these days work for us. I have messaged the SA but have not heard back. How flexible is Tesla with these dates? 😬
IMG_8741.jpeg

Just for this... BUT neither of these days work for us. I have messaged the SA but have not heard back. How flexible is Tesla with these dates? 😬
View attachment 996382
I got the same issue with my schedule too. Tesla only gave me one day and no other option. I contacted SA and they were able to extend up to 3 days after my assigned delivery day.

It would have been nice if the Tesla app allowed the policy start date change to today's date when their delivery date is pulled in the day of, instead of having you call to be on hold for hours.. No other options are available to make the change that is effective on today's date, other than calling them.. Hopefully someone picks up the call soon..🤞
In CA, if you have insurance, you should be covered in any vehicle you drive (temporary). So if you borrow a friends car and crash, your insurance should cover it, etc.

does the y have captain chairs though? I seriously don't know what you are referring to so I am curious if it's a feature that can arrive for the captain chairs on model x.
The Y only has the second row bench (which comes with a fold-down armrest/cup holder). I was only referring to the five seat bench in the X which lacks this feature. The six seat config. in the X does not have any such feature, (I think you can purchase a center console for this configuration

Hello, my MX is finally here. But one issue.. the delivery got pulled in earlier to this afternoon, but my Tesla insurance policy was purchased and set to start on my original delivery date, which starts at a later date. Does this need to be resolved before delivery this afternoon? Tesla insurance call wait time is over an hour..
You don't need to have an active policy on your new VIN at the time of pickup to take delivery. You only need to have an active insurance policy on any vehicle you own. Tesla delivery just needs a copy/screenshot of your insurance policy showing that it's active. I did the same because I didn't want to set a date on when the policy starts and then have to call back to cancel it if I ended up rejecting the VIN. After delivery, I just called the following business day and had the new VIN added to my existing policy. Also, this was with Tesla insurance as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: falconwing_MX
interesting its happened to a few

yes I rebooted my computer and cleared out the cache and everything I could think of! kept getting the too many redirect error. I was changing my color so I was like oooooh is it fate? I am meant to drive the ultra red? (Good to know it wasn't a sign from above and rather just a technical glitch!
It an issue on Tesla’s end. Having the same problem

Reactions: eeee-meeee
I understand that several of you need your X this year for FUSC transfer reasons.

Do we know for sure that the sub-$80K Model X would *not* qualify for the point-of-sale $7500 tax incentive in 2024?

Because if it did, then wouldn't it be better for those who are not transferring FUSC to take delivery in 2024 (assuming their tax situation doesn't change between 2023 and 2024 of course)?

I understand that several of you need your X this year for FUSC transfer reasons.

Do we know for sure that the sub-$80K Model X would *not* qualify for the point-of-sale $7500 tax incentive in 2024?

Because if it did, then wouldn't it be better for those who are not transferring FUSC to take delivery in 2024 (assuming their tax situation doesn't change between 2023 and 2024 of course)?
Not necessarily. Everyone's tax situation is different. One might consider the purchase with an expected $7500 tax credit as simply paying their quarterly estimate. Some (me) might prefer a purchase in December 2023 so it will be easier to maximize business use and bonus depreciation.

for you that applied for Fedchoice loan, and selected conditionally open account if loan is funded. Make sure you open account within 30 days of original application, or application expires.
For me it's been 38 days between starting application and and VIN, so they gave me stink yesterday, said needed to escalate, etc. They just did another hard credit pull(at 10.30pm est???) for "reopening" application i assume, they didn't even ask or said they would do it, just got notification. I was told my loan approval is still ok, but we shall see what the day brings.

Last edited:
Ordered 9/21 SoCal MXP, Black, Cream, Yoke, 20's EDD1: Nov - Dec 2023 EDD2: Nov 19 - Dec 31
EDD3: Nov 27 - Jan 1 (11/13)
EDD4: Dec 2-23
EDD5: Dec 4-25 (12/3)
EDD)6: Dec 5-25 (12/5)
….and the wiggle continues.
If I’ve learned anything with this being my 3rd Tesla, to look at my calendar and find the date that I’m least available and understand that this will end up being my unmoveable delivery date.

Ordered 9/21 SoCal MXP, Black, Cream, Yoke, 20's EDD1: Nov - Dec 2023 EDD2: Nov 19 - Dec 31
EDD3: Nov 27 - Jan 1 (11/13)
EDD4: Dec 2-23
EDD5: Dec 4-25 (12/3)
EDD)6: Dec 5-25 (12/5)
….and the wiggle continues.
If I’ve learned anything with this being my 3rd Tesla, to look at my calendar and find the date that I’m least available and understand that this will end up being my unmoveable delivery date.

Same here. My 10/25 order MX (6 seat, red, FUSC transfer to SouthernAZ) now just keeps shifting a day, a day, a day….now 12/5-12/12.

Why narrow my dates if it changes all the time? I decided I’m not going to jump through hoops if they call and say “it’s here! Come in an hour or else…..!”

Reactions: SOBX MX