Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your high degree of doubt premised on? A Teslascope story that Mr. Teslascope himself said he wasn’t sure when the changes would be implemented?

I’ve been obsessed with this topic, as I have a pending Model X order myself, and nothing I’ve seen on TMC, Reddit, or Twitter has definitively established when these rumored changes would appear.
A lot is proving that these changes would appear... From many locations, most long before Teslascope commented on it.

In October 2023, greentheonly shared that the Model S/X was getting ambient lighting.

He further shared how much more careful Tesla has been about releasing information prematurely via their app, so he communicated, "It's almost certainly already being installed on the line as we speak." but went on to say that it could still take weeks before they would actually appear on delivered vehicles.

A month later, the board of HW4 on distinctly the Model S/X began to be populated with an open port for the front bumper camera. However, it should be noted that the necessary wiring was not yet present in delivered vehicle. By this time, we saw both renders and internal code referring to both components in relation to the Model S and X.

It is interesting that we'd see renders for these changes appear in the underlying code, and just a month later, Tesla released a revision to their HW4 board that includes a new open port for a single camera. This is because parts had ordered for the updated front fascia that supports the bumper camera, but the other components (wiring, actual camera, and enclosure) were not yet available from their part supplier.

Fast-forward to mid to late January, we're finally seeing the 2024 VIN Model S and X delivered to customers. Some reports coming from customers have shown that there is wiring relating to the bumper camera now populated along the same route as the PWS. There is also evidence of cabling relating to the ambient lights being tapped inside the cabin.

On Feburary 13th, someone once again asks Green if both will be present in the new Model S and X, to which he replies, "Yes, but the biggest question - the timing - I cannot answer.". He goes on to say that there have been mentions of both components in the code for quite a while but that he can't provide a timeline.

Around the same time, our source, who is deeply involved in party supply for Fremont, reached out to Teslascope and told us that the part order had finally come in. Despite this information, we remain quiet as we've yet to cross-reference this another source, which is typically a bare minimum requirement before publishing this type of information.

Finally, on January 29th, we're approached by another source who works on the "debug line", essentially the production line before the production line. New parts are first tested here and validated before they are introduced to the main lines. He informed our team that the ambient lighting, bumper camera, and other minor component revisions had all passed the validation and QC stages and would enter the production line starting next month (March).

At 6:40 PM, we shared that "Some significant changes are taking place in March for two specific Tesla models. Keep an eye on deliveries!" We could not share the specific changes until midnight (now March 1st), as they had only been cleared that evening. We typically have embargos on information to keep our sources safe and allow more time for information to circulate and prevent market manipulation.

At 8:00 PM, NotATeslaApp released their article regarding the same changes. We would ultimately reach out to our source and confirm that they had not communicated with their team, so someone else working the debug line had leaked this information.

With the publicly shared news, we no longer had to wait until midnight and published our post at 8:11 PM, eleven minutes afterward.

These events led up to the information disclosure, and you can see that throughout the process, it was very much not a "Teslascope story" that "Mr. Teslascope himself" originated. Many notable and historically trustable accounts and individuals shared the presence of these changes long before we did, we are often attributed to news as we have a large following.

Got vin on 2/18 and delivery 2/27. There is a cap off connector in the front bumper. Hopefully there will be a simple retrofit for a front camera.

1000017399.jpg

A lot is proving that these changes would appear... From many locations, most long before Teslascope commented on it.

In October 2023, greentheonly shared that the Model S/X was getting ambient lighting.

He further shared how much more careful Tesla has been about releasing information prematurely via their app, so he communicated, "It's almost certainly already being installed on the line as we speak." but went on to say that it could still take weeks before they would actually appear on delivered vehicles.

A month later, the board of HW4 on distinctly the Model S/X began to be populated with an open port for the front bumper camera. However, it should be noted that the necessary wiring was not yet present in delivered vehicle. By this time, we saw both renders and internal code referring to both components in relation to the Model S and X.

It is interesting that we'd see renders for these changes appear in the underlying code, and just a month later, Tesla released a revision to their HW4 board that includes a new open port for a single camera. This is because parts had ordered for the updated front fascia that supports the bumper camera, but the other components (wiring, actual camera, and enclosure) were not yet available from their part supplier.

Fast-forward to mid to late January, we're finally seeing the 2024 VIN Model S and X delivered to customers. Some reports coming from customers have shown that there is wiring relating to the bumper camera now populated along the same route as the PWS. There is also evidence of cabling relating to the ambient lights being tapped inside the cabin.

On Feburary 13th, someone once again asks Green if both will be present in the new Model S and X, to which he replies, "Yes, but the biggest question - the timing - I cannot answer.". He goes on to say that there have been mentions of both components in the code for quite a while but that he can't provide a timeline.

Around the same time, our source, who is deeply involved in party supply for Fremont, reached out to Teslascope and told us that the part order had finally come in. Despite this information, we remain quiet as we've yet to cross-reference this another source, which is typically a bare minimum requirement before publishing this type of information.

Finally, on January 29th, we're approached by another source who works on the "debug line", essentially the production line before the production line. New parts are first tested here and validated before they are introduced to the main lines. He informed our team that the ambient lighting, bumper camera, and other minor component revisions had all passed the validation and QC stages and would enter the production line starting next month (March).

At 6:40 PM, we shared that "Some significant changes are taking place in March for two specific Tesla models. Keep an eye on deliveries!" We could not share the specific changes until midnight (now March 1st), as they had only been cleared that evening. We typically have embargos on information to keep our sources safe and allow more time for information to circulate and prevent market manipulation.

At 8:00 PM, NotATeslaApp released their article regarding the same changes. We would ultimately reach out to our source and confirm that they had not communicated with their team, so someone else working the debug line had leaked this information.

With the publicly shared news, we no longer had to wait until midnight and published our post at 8:11 PM, eleven minutes afterward.

These events led up to the information disclosure, and you can see that throughout the process, it was very much not a "Teslascope story" that "Mr. Teslascope himself" originated. Many notable and historically trustable accounts and individuals shared the presence of these changes long before we did, we are often attributed to news as we have a large following.
And? Your post supports what I said in my reply; it doesn’t contradict it. So why are you downvoting my reply? What is the part of my reply you disagree with?

Another poster said he “highly doubts” the person sharing his FIRST HAND experience with HIS OWN VEHICLE actually knows the manufacture date of HIS OWN VEHICLE. And other posters are even asking him to post pics of his door jamb proving the manufacture date.

The entire basis for the poster to which I replied doubting this man appears to be his misinterpretation of your article (which, in his defense, was misinterpreted and quoted repeatedly on this board as stating the changes would be implemented starting March 1st).

However, you have since made it clear that you were not claiming these changes would be implemented precisely on March 1st (just that they would be implemented at some unspecified point in time in March or even later), and that people in fact misinterpreted your story.

So again: what is the actual basis for the original poster claiming this man’s car was not built on 3/5/24? The man took time out of his day to give us additional data points re: his own personal experiences with his own vehicle. Questioning his intelligence and/or integrity because it doesn’t comport with a completely unfounded belief that all Model Xs manufactured on 3/5/24 MUST have RBG ambient lighting and front bumper cams is….checks notes….questionable, to say the least.

Last edited:
What is your high degree of doubt premised on? A Teslascope story that Mr. Teslascope himself said he wasn’t sure when the changes would be implemented?

I’ve been obsessed with this topic, as I have a pending Model X order myself, and nothing I’ve seen on TMC, Reddit, or Twitter has definitively established when these rumored changes would appear.
My doubt is that a car that was delivered 3/9 would be built 3/5. That doesn’t seem to match up what others are seeing.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
My doubt is that a car that was delivered 3/9 would be built 3/5. That doesn’t seem to match up what others are seeing.
Ahh, I see. Sorry.

I have seen multiple people post today claiming to have either taken delivery of their March-built vehicles or to have at least confirmed that their March-built vehicles didn’t have the front bumper cam.

So it doesn’t seem that odd to me. But i’ll take any glimmer of hope I can get.

And? Your post supports what I said in my reply; it doesn’t contradict it. So why are you downvoting my reply? What is the part of my reply you disagree with?

Another poster said he “highly doubts” the person sharing his FIRST HAND experience with HIS OWN VEHICLE actually knows the manufacture date of HIS OWN VEHICLE. And other posters are even asking him to post pics of his door jamb proving the manufacture date.

The entire basis for the poster to which I replied doubting this man appears to be his misinterpretation of your article (which, in his defense, was misinterpreted and quoted repeatedly on this board as stating the changes would be implemented starting March 1st).

However, you have since made it clear that you were not claiming these changes would be implemented precisely on March 1st (just that they would be implemented at some unspecified point in time in March or even later), and that people in fact misinterpreted your story.

So again: what is the actual basis for the original poster claiming this man’s car was not built on 3/5/24? The man took time out of his day to give us additional data points re: his own personal experiences with his own vehicle. Questioning his intelligence and/or integrity because it doesn’t comport with a completely unfounded belief that all Model Xs manufactured on 3/5/24 MUST have RBG ambient lighting and front bumper cams is….checks notes….questionable, to say the least.

I'm not commenting or questioning anything (the thumbs-down had nothing to do with the vehicle or poster you're referring to)! I didn't appreciate the narrative that it was a "Teslascope" story that I had manifested myself when it had spoken about months prior, including being published in detail before Teslascope reported on it. Don't want words being put in my mouth! 👍

I think you are correct, found some reference that is the tempurature sensor. Still hope there will be a retrofit.
I hope so too! After reading an earlier thread I’m worried mine (11/29/23 build) won’t have it. Logical the cars with the camera button on the steering wheel will, maybe those cars got the harness talked about earlier. But I do know I have wiring that’s taped under the door’s trim pieces.

I'm not commenting or questioning anything (the thumbs-down had nothing to do with the vehicle or poster you're referring to)! I didn't appreciate the narrative that it was a "Teslascope" story that I had manifested myself when I had spoken to it months prior, including being published in detail before Teslascope reported on it. Don't want words being put in my mouth! 👍
That wasn’t the “narrative” I was setting forth at all, nor did I put any words in your mouth.

Did you or did you not say that you weren’t sure exactly when the upcoming changes would be implemented? Because that is all I attributed to you. Are you now saying you DID tell us precisely when?

I never claimed you or Teslascope started the rumor re: ambient lighting or front bumper cams on the Model X. I am and was fully aware of the other articles and posts predicting those changes long before Teslascope’s 2/29/24 Tweet.

But like it or not, a bunch of people (myself included) misinterpreted Teslascope’s 2/29/24 Tweet and related replies as revealing the “when” - i.e., that all Model Xs built on or after 3/1/24 would have ambient lighting and a front bumper camera. Again, you have since clarified that that was not what you meant to convey. Great.

That doesn’t change the fact that many people originally read your Tweets that way and cited those Tweets repeatedly over the last 1.5 weeks as the basis for their (mistaken) belief that any Model Xs built on or after March 1st would have ambient lighting and front bumper cams. That’s not a “narrative,” that’s what actually happened.

Usually, a manufacturer allows ordering and installing only those parts that were present at the time of delivery. Therefore, retrofits are impossible. Does Tesla have a record of doing otherwise?
Kinda of, not really, lol. The recent yolk with the horn in it to replace older, malfunctioning yolks, they also retrofit MCU2 computers for folks who wanted to upgrade their older, slower, MCU1 computers. They have also replaced older door handles with newer revisions with different wiring. I’m sure there’s more but I don’t know if anything was as involved as the camera and lighting would be but I suppose if it ended up being not terribly difficult or time consuming for the service center and they could turn a big profit doing it, they might, especially if it turns out features like the new summon and auto park won’t work without it, then people would pay top dollar to upgrade so they would be able to do these things.

So with the new Tesla incentive announced yesterday, I’m assuming the only MX that qualifies for the federal tax credit is still the base model with the default gray and black interior because it’s based on the MSRP of the vehicle correct? Or is Tesla somehow able to qualify MXs with upgraded colors and interiors and still subtract the federal tax credit at POS?

So with the new Tesla incentive announced yesterday, I’m assuming the only MX that qualifies for the federal tax credit is still the base model with the default gray and black interior because it’s based on the MSRP of the vehicle correct? Or is Tesla somehow able to qualify MXs with upgraded colors and interiors and still subtract the federal tax credit at POS?
What incentive?

Reactions: F123456