Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, so Tesla both "confirmed Tesla Model X & S are NOT being produced with camera and lighting as of right now" AND they "have no statement on the situation"? I think this guy is just FOS, and looking for attention.

Even Teslascope stated "STARTING RIGHT NOW, Model S and X are being produced with it", and then later weaseled out of it saying "thats not what i meant, I meant that the changes could start any time from that point" which is BS. I know if I had inside information I was confident of, I'd just wait until its proven then reply back to the doubters with an "i told you so", not get so defensive as he has done in the comments here.
That guy is going hard for attention - I took a look at his twitter and he's beating this horse to death tagging everyone and elon and such - lol, super thirsty for eyeballs. But he's free to do whatever he wants I suppose.

I know this much - as my EDD approaches I'm getting more and more excited for the vehicle! I can't wait to pick it up and use it. I really don't care about the ambient lighting and the front camera would have been sweet for parking I suppose, but by no way a deal breaker. Somehow I managed to park a 98 Cavalier, and a few Jeep wranglers without front cameras and without smashing into stuff so I'll wing it with this one. I don't have that stuff on my model y and its still one of the best cars I've ever owned. I'm ready to put cameragate behind me and take delivery of this thing that I ordered before I even knew front cameras were a thing. Can't wait to drive it daily!!!

If I remember right, the older Model 3 and Y had a retrofit offered to convert from the regular cabin air filter (and filter box/plumbing) to the HEPA one for a fee.
Yep, just did that on my 2021 Model Y for the HEPA filter. Tesla also offers a retrofit for the Model 3 power trunk as well. So I'm hopeful of a retrofit if/when they do have a front camera option.

As for ambient lighting, not my cup of tea; however, being that it may require replacement of multiple interior panels, it may not be as "simple" a retrofit.

Last edited:
Yep, just did that on my 2021 Model Y for the HEPA filter. Tesla also offers a retrofit for the Model 3 power trunk as well. So I'm hopeful of a retrofit if/when they do have a front camera option.

As for ambient lighting, not my cup of tea; however, being that it may require replacement of multiple interior panels, it may not be as "simple" a retrofit.
I will say I like the ambient lighting, my Range Rover, and wife’s GLE have it. Tesla should for an 80k vehicle.

IMG_9259.jpeg

Ordered 3/9.
VIN assigned 3/10
MXP

Was hoping for the upgrades to be in by now. With people being contacted about delays, I was hoping I’d get that. But I think my car may have been an existing inventory one vs recently built. Waiting to hear back on when it was built.

Anyone have any info on not accepting vin? Do I get penalized? What happens?

Rarely and you bought a Y not an X.

But I like to think I know more than everyone so yeah....
A Y is made by the same company so it stands to reason that the same policy would apply to both cars. Also, its pretty obvious that by announcing features that are "coming soon", it will cause exactly the situation you see in this thread where people are holding off until they get that new feature at the current price. Models that are in-flight and dont have that feature won't sell as they're obselete before they are even sold. It's pretty obvious that Tesla won't announce anything until all "old" models are delivered. That way they can say "any new car purchased after today will get X". I mean look at history, they did the same thing HW4. To think its never gonna happen until Tesla formally announces it is just naive.

Reactions: acpd
A Y is made by the same company so it stands to reason that the same policy would apply to both cars. Also, its pretty obvious that by announcing features that are "coming soon", it will cause exactly the situation you see in this thread where people are holding off until they get that new feature at the current price. Models that are in-flight and dont have that feature won't sell as they're obselete before they are even sold. It's pretty obvious that Tesla won't announce anything until all "old" models are delivered. That way they can say "any new car purchased after today will get X". I mean look at history, they did the same thing HW4. To think its never gonna happen until Tesla formally announces it is just naive.
Blah, blah, blah. You are like a broken record.

That guy is going hard for attention - I took a look at his twitter and he's beating this horse to death tagging everyone and elon and such - lol, super thirsty for eyeballs. But he's free to do whatever he wants I suppose.

I know this much - as my EDD approaches I'm getting more and more excited for the vehicle! I can't wait to pick it up and use it. I really don't care about the ambient lighting and the front camera would have been sweet for parking I suppose, but by no way a deal breaker. Somehow I managed to park a 98 Cavalier, and a few Jeep wranglers without front cameras and without smashing into stuff so I'll wing it with this one. I don't have that stuff on my model y and its still one of the best cars I've ever owned. I'm ready to put cameragate behind me and take delivery of this thing that I ordered before I even knew front cameras were a thing. Can't wait to drive it daily!!!
Before the latest Vision update, trying to park without the ultrasonic sensors was a pain because the car kept freaking out with bings and bongs making you doubt you are judging distance correctly. After the Vision update a couple months ago, it has been really good and accurate and I don't feel I need the ultrasonic sensors. Regarding the front bumper camera, it would be nice but is not as important as it was prior to the Vision update.

View attachment 1026932

Ordered 3/9.
VIN assigned 3/10
MXP

Was hoping for the upgrades to be in by now. With people being contacted about delays, I was hoping I’d get that. But I think my car may have been an existing inventory one vs recently built. Waiting to hear back on when it was built.

Anyone have any info on not accepting vin? Do I get penalized? What happens?
Ordered on 3/9 and VIN assigned the next day? Is that an inventory car? Model X Plaid?

Were you able to get a definitive answer on this yet?
Yes, here's the exact statement from Tesla:

"The Model X will qualify depending on how you build it. As long as the original build is under 80k it qualifies. So it must be a 5 seater with a standard wheel, black interior and stealth exterior. Does this help?"

So basically they will provide a discount off of MSRP - but the MSRP remains the same - so only the base model with the five seat black interior and gray exterior qualifies.

Yes, here's the exact statement from Tesla:

"The Model X will qualify depending on how you build it. As long as the original build is under 80k it qualifies. So it must be a 5 seater with a standard wheel, black interior and stealth exterior. Does this help?"

So basically they will provide a discount off of MSRP - but the MSRP remains the same - so only the base model with the five seat black interior and gray exterior qualifies.

"5 seater with a standard wheel, black interior and stealth exterior" - funny how even a 80k car can make a person feel poor when purchasing LOL. I hate all of you 6 and 7 seater folks 😄😆😄😆. STOP LOOKING DOWN ON US 5 seater guys.