Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion about production Model 3 #1 (SN1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I should have made it more clear, the unwritten rule is the first production of a Tesla Model goes to who pays the car in full to Elon in person.
First Model S went to Steve Jurvetson because he wrote a blank check to Elon as soon as he found out about it.
First Gen 2 Roadster will go to Konstantin Othmer (Elon required him to go to Tesla HQ in person to pay $200k and sign agreement).
First Roadster/Model X went to Elon (I guess for X no one did that; first Roadster Elon wanted it personally), Elon only got Model S #2.
The unconventional way Elon Musk decides who gets to be first to buy a new Tesla

I imagine this case was no different, board member Ira Ehrenpreis most likely paid in full immediately.

As for the slot swapping, I imagine Elon just gave his own slot back to Ira. It is highly likely Elon had his own slot (perhaps #2). Perhaps that is allowed anyways without having to go the gift route (a mutual slot swapping doesn't really affect anyone else).
Geez you guys keep acting as if there are rules at this point. For early recipients that are friends and family, Tesla can do whatever it wants regarding sequence. The rules will come for the rest of us. And, with 400k reservations (which I project will grow rapidly after reviews and cars on street), I don't think they will have time to referee swaps and squabbles.

It doesn't have a frame, and it looks just like the bigger one on the S, which has to slide up under the door lip to seal. I would guess it's the same. More than guess. Why would they not do it? The window is already electric, so it's just programming.
I would assume it’s the same, but several people seem to think would just sit on top of the seal.

Car looks disproportionately high (a lot of space between the tires and fenders). More amplified being that this is a smaller, narrower car with an already tall cockpit area. Assuming air suspension is not yet available and this is a coil spring car. I hope they'll reconsider the current height setting and narrow the wheel/fender gap up to be more in line with the Model S (and most other cars). Otherwise I'm forced to wait for whenever the Air Suspension becomes available as this is something that would drive me nuts.

Car looks disproportionately high (a lot of space between the tires and fenders). More amplified being that this is a smaller, narrower car with an already tall cockpit area. Assuming air suspension is not yet available and this is a coil spring car. I hope they'll reconsider the current height setting and narrow the wheel/fender gap up to be more in line with the Model S (and most other cars). Otherwise I'm forced to wait for whenever the Air Suspension becomes available as this is something that would drive me nuts.

If you don't like the look of the larger factory wheel and tire, there are always aftermarket options for larger wheels, spacers to move the wheels out closer to the side of the car, and to lower the spring suspension. Some combination of one or more of these can achieve the look you want.

GSP

Towards the end, they are saying (in arabic) that Elon Musk is on the phone with somebody, and telling the guys to "do this and do that".
I do not doubt that someone said that. I heard someone talking in an to me unknown language and mentioned "Elon Musk".
But *who* said that? One of the employees? Or was it just a bystander guessing?

Until we know who said that it is not an evidence of anything.

You must be kidding. They can't do a hatchback and still have headroom for rear passengers because of the support beam which would be required. Plus there is no chance they'll do a structural redesign of the car at this point in time. It won't be getting a hatchback any time soon.
people expect a model s car at 1/2 or less price in the model 3? why? That would be lame of tesla to do that...for model s sales i mean.

Teslarati seems to think the Model 3 may have self presenting doors. Seems excessively hopeful...
I find Teslerati reporting to be of limited utility.

In my opinion, the 3 will not have a self presenting door option. Fancy stuff like that will be reserved for the S/X vehicles. Elon has made general statements to that effect.

Reactions: boaterva
Who is this man in Elon's car?!?

TQ5McFH.jpg