Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y White/Black LR, 5 seat, all standard no modifications
OD: 1/23/2023
Original EDD: Jan-Mar 2023
New EDD (1/31): Feb 27 - Mar 31 2023
Delivery location: Dallas Metro

Thoughts in this group on when VIN assignment might happen?
My best guess would be that your Vin assignment will be closer to 2nd week in March in the very least. Once you see that window change to a 2 week window you are getting closer! That's all I got 'cuz I'm still waiting on a VIN myself :D Ordered 1/13

Interesting. I ordered the same config on 01/20 and my EDD is Mar 4 - 31. Hasn't budged. @firsttimer ordered 3 days later than me and his window starts from Feb 27 which is earlier than me. Looks all White/Blacks will be delivered in March. Tesla seems to be busy building the versions that make them more money.

Tesla seems to be busy building the versions that make them more money.
Try buying a plain white Ford F-150 XL "work truck". Ford accepts the order then they keep delaying the build date until production of that model year concludes at which point the order gets canceled and you have to start all over again. Order a loaded XLT, Platinum, or King Ranch and...like magic...you'll have it in a matter of weeks. :)

Reactions: mswhite2010
It's a coin toss for sure. a $55,000 car worrying about $3750 when it's already down from $67,000. My struggle is that I dont really NEED a new vehicle. A Tesla has always been a WANT for me. This MYLR will end up replacing my 2011 Toyota Sienna with 190k miles. It has a tow package and I ordered the MYLR AFTER the $500 increase. so no tow for me unless added afterwards. Also going from an 8 seater van to a 5 seater crossover SUV with a family of 3 teenagers. Just thoughts that keep me second guessing my splurge purchase. Nobody is saying I must sell the Van. It's only worth $5k and can be my family hauler, boat towing, Lowe's run vehicle until the kids move out or whatever.
I am in the same boat....my 07 tsx is still running great. I really do not need a new car as I work from home most of the time and don't drive that much anymore. Plus insurance for Tesla is quite expensive.

Hey everyone!
I'm new to TMC and the Tesla family, was hoping someone had some insight on a question I had.
I'm a travel nurse who is living in Seattle WA, I ordered my MYLR White/White 19", 5 seater on 1/26
My permeant residence is in the state of OH. I ordered my vehicle in WA since that's where I'll be living for probably the next 6 months. I don't have a WA drivers license only an OH. When it comes to registration I want to register the car to OH, but when I tried to type it in the Tesla App when setting up my profile, it said I had to deliver in OH if I wanted to have a OH registration. But a SA at the store told me that's not true it's possible to register in the state that my license is in. So for now I have it being registered in WA since that's where delivery will be. Is it even possible for me to have it registered in WA if I don't have a WA driver's license? Any insight?
Thanks so much!

Reactions: bdhaduk
Hey everyone!
I'm new to TMC and the Tesla family, was hoping someone had some insight on a question I had.
I'm a travel nurse who is living in Seattle WA, I ordered my MYLR White/White 19", 5 seater on 1/26
My permeant residence is in the state of OH. I ordered my vehicle in WA since that's where I'll be living for probably the next 6 months. I don't have a WA drivers license only an OH. When it comes to registration I want to register the car to OH, but when I tried to type it in the Tesla App when setting up my profile, it said I had to deliver in OH if I wanted to have a OH registration. But a SA at the store told me that's not true it's possible to register in the state that my license is in. So for now I have it being registered in WA since that's where delivery will be. Is it even possible for me to have it registered in WA if I don't have a WA driver's license? Any insight?
Thanks so much!
Welcome to the TMC. I am fairly new to the club myself. Your question is likely a question for DMV. However my understanding is that first registration of a car has to be done in the State where you are licensed (ie, OH in your case). Let us know what you find out....hope you are able to register your new Tesla in WA.

Hey everyone!
Thanks so much!
If you post this as a new topic in the general Tesla section you may get better response from owners who have already registered since this is a group for “waiting for delivery”.

Welcome to the TMC. I am fairly new to the club myself. Your question is likely a question for DMV. However my understanding is that first registration of a car has to be done in the State where you are licensed (ie, OH in your case). Let us know what you find out....hope you are able to register your new Tesla in WA.
I will have to call Tesla to verify because I went to the store to order the car and none of them seemed concerned and said it wasn't an issue at all, so I will have to take a look at this!
Thanks so much!

Guys - I need some help. Any suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Per my credit union loan rep, the date of agreement on the MVPA (which is listed as the actual delivery date) shows 2/14, and she needs this changed. However, the MVPA was triggered when I filled this out on the financial section of the app. What is the best way to fix this? Any workaround suggestions? It is very tough to even text Tesla, how would I get them to fix the MVPA agreement date lol.

"I have received what is needed however on the contract from Tesla, the dealership has dated the contract for 2/14/23. We are not able to release payment until that date per CU policy because the contract isn’t valid until that date. If you can have them amend the contract to an earlier date, I can send you the loan documents for signature. We are still 2 weeks out from pick-up, we have a time cushion."

Interesting. I ordered the same config on 01/20 and my EDD is Mar 4 - 31. Hasn't budged. @firsttimer ordered 3 days later than me and his window starts from Feb 27 which is earlier than me. Looks all White/Blacks will be delivered in March. Tesla seems to be busy building the versions that make them more money.
I think that it really depends on where you are located and the order allocation, I ordered same configuration on 1/15 and taking delivery this Tuesday