Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Midnight Silver/Black LR, 5 seat, all standard no modifications
OD: 1/25/2023
Original EDD: Jan-Mar 2023
New EDD (1/31): Mar 12 - Mar 31 2023
Delivery location: Central NJ
Similar boat. Upstate NY (picking up in Westchester). I ordered one day after you 1/26, currently showing EDD of March 14th-31st. My pre-sales chat agent said "our delivery estimates are very accurate" Hoping they were wrong and I get delivery sooner :p

Reactions: mswhite2010
Guys - I need some help. Any suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Per my credit union loan rep, the date of agreement on the MVPA (which is listed as the actual delivery date) shows 2/14, and she needs this changed. However, the MVPA was triggered when I filled this out on the financial section of the app. What is the best way to fix this? Any workaround suggestions? It is very tough to even text Tesla, how would I get them to fix the MVPA agreement date lol.

"I have received what is needed however on the contract from Tesla, the dealership has dated the contract for 2/14/23. We are not able to release payment until that date per CU policy because the contract isn’t valid until that date. If you can have them amend the contract to an earlier date, I can send you the loan documents for signature. We are still 2 weeks out from pick-up, we have a time cushion."
Click change in the financing options in the app, make a change like in the loan amount. Wait 10 minutes, change it back. The MVPA should now be regenerated and have today’s date on it.

Reactions: jhirsch123
OD 1/13. VIN 1/28. Got text this morning to schedule delivery 2/9 - 2/11.

If I wait 1-2 days to schedule, would 2/12 - 2/13 eventually show up as options? Or would I still be limited to 2/9 - 2/11? Trying to buy the lender more time.
No, they won't won't automatically push your delivery date out if you wait to schedule. If you cannot take delivery during the time frame they gave you, you may have to put the car on "hold," and take your chances. Your best bet is to contact your SA and ask them, I've heard of people being able to take delivery a day or two outside the given time frame, but I think those are the exception and not the norm.

Reactions: j4y_7
My pre-sales chat agent said "our delivery estimates are very accurate" Hoping they were wrong and I get delivery sooner :p

I wonder if Tesla's delivery estimates account for the number of people who place orders for vehicles then end up not buying them for various reasons including, but not limited to:

• Unable to pay for the vehicle by the time of delivery (insufficient cash or equity, not qualified for financing, etc.)
  • Changed mind (decided not to buy, bought something else, etc.)
  • Unacceptable quality
  • Vehicle didn't arrive in time
  • Tax credit falls from $7,500 to $3,750

I can see a number of cancellations happening for that last possibility.

A three-month or even a one-month delivery window estimate seems wide to me - it may be accurate, but it's certainly not precise. :) Tesla knows how many vehicles they can build and they know exactly how many orders are placed. The second you place an order, you should have an EDD accurate to within a week, if not a day. Now, I understand that EDDs can and will move depending on a lot of factors such as weather, parts shortages, labor shortages, etc.

Let's say you're a cake decorator that can make 4 cakes per day. You normally get orders for 4 cakes per day on average and maintain a backlog of 20 cakes. If someone orders a cake today, you know that cake will be ready a week from now. If the government starts subsidizing cakes resulting in a sudden demand increase to 8 cakes per day, but you can only make 4 cakes per day, the lead time for each new order can be easily calculated to the day. Because demand becomes twice production capacity, each passing day add two days to the backlog. At some point, the backlog will become too great and one of four things will have to happen:

• You'll stop taking orders
  • You'll raise prices to curb demand
  • Customers will not purchase the cake because the wait time is too long
  • You could increase production capacity, but that would involve an expensive and time-consuming kitchen remodel and you run the risk of the demand falling and your operation becomes less efficient because you have too much production capacity.

I work for a company that manufactures industrial machinery. Unless something major and expected happens, we know down to the week when your order will be ready months before it is actually manufactured. Sometimes delays happen, but we adjust the delivery date if and when those delays occur. Sometimes, we even deliver orders ahead of schedule if raw materials arrive sooner than expected and our labor force is more productive than usual for some reason.

I will have to call Tesla to verify because I went to the store to order the car and none of them seemed concerned and said it wasn't an issue at all, so I will have to take a look at this!
Thanks so much!
I would not rely on Tesla to give you best or most accurate info regarding this. I would look this up on the DMV website for your home state or call someone there in regards to this. Not sure about OH but typically you would have to pay sales tax first to your home state, then register it in your home state. I doubt you can register it in WA. Tesla’s system is probably not set up to handle this as it would be somewhat uncommon. So they can probably trick the system to deliver your car to WA by showing you plan to register it there, which isn’t binding, just the logic of their system. But I would have a slight concern that this would possibly create confusion on the paper work, which could be fixed but might be a hassle to get straightened out. I could be completely wrong about that. But I bought a vehicle out of state in the last few years and had some issues getting it registered back home due to the dealership being poorly run and messing things up.