Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m happy for you but I am mad that I have exactly the same configuration ordered a copy of days before and still have not been contacted for scheduling delivery. :mad:
I wonder since you reached out about early delivery that they are working on getting yours sooner. Since I never reached out about delivery date conflicts they probably just got mine out of the way. I am sure you will get a text sooner than later!

Took my Y in for service for panel gaps on Wednesday. Took it in at 10 AM, picked it up at 6PM. Service was free of course and they did an excellent job. Communication was great and they even fixed a few other minor things I didnt even notice. I definitely recommend doing a walk around after you take the car home, harder to spot things from the excitement of taking delivery on site IMO. Overall very happy with this vehicle!
Any early experience/feedback on no-USS/radar parking (front) and esp AP (dreaded phantom breaking!) ? Thanks!

I've found that the parking sensor functionality is better than nothing and better than USSs in some ways, but not as good in other ways or overall. For me, it tends to indicate shorter-than-actual distances, but I'd rather have that than the opposite problem. :)

I've had a few instances of phantom braking in the first 900 miles while using Autopilot. It didn't "panic stop", but it did slow down moderately hard. I don't recall any warnings when this occurred. I do frequently get nuisance Forward Collision Warning messages and tones, but they've not been accompanied by any braking. I've had several Hondas that regularly issued "false" FCWs are well - and those were equipped with radar units.

Last edited:
Pick up went great yesterday.

No issues with anything and I ended up get a decent loan when I re-applied with Navy Fed.

Already got the following installed:
Screen Protector
3D maxpider mats
Back seat covers (for kids feet kicking)
Seat protector for kiddos seats
Mud flaps
Center console tray
Under seat tray.
Trunk rubber Mats

Mobile connector with 10-30 dryer vent plug working great.

Still to go:
Driver and Passenger Tints
PPF

I am debating between Nema 14-50 vs. Tesla wall connector? This video explains the differences. Any comments on which one do you prefer?

I did not watch the video but for me I am going with a wall connector. My reasoning is two fold:
1. Installation charges are reimbursed by my electric company for a Tesla Wall Connector up to $1500. So if I put a second Nema in I would get nothing.
2. A little faster charging rate. My M3SR+ gets 32a from the mobile connector (Tesla limits this for the RWD). With how this will be set up I will get 40a for the MYLR so a little bit faster charging.

Pick up went great yesterday.

No issues with anything and I ended up get a decent loan when I re-applied with Navy Fed.

Already got the following installed:
Screen Protector
3D maxpider mats
Back seat covers (for kids feet kicking)
Seat protector for kiddos seats
Mud flaps
Center console tray
Under seat tray.
Trunk rubber Mats

Mobile connector with 10-30 dryer vent plug working great.

Still to go:
Driver and Passenger Tints
PPF
Nice list!

I need to look into the center console tray. Which one did you get?

I have an extra screen protector. I installed one on my M3 and had some dust issues. They sent me a new one but I figured I could live with what it was like after the new one came. :)

I need to call a local place about ceramic coating. I do not think I want to do PPF as I do not have time to hand wash my car and no touchless car washes anywhere close to where I live.

I am going to do the clear tint. I think the rear and rear side tint will work for me and in NJ it is "illegal" to put tint on front passenger and driver windows. No need to get pulled over. :)

@beewang When you got and installed the Kavanic wheel covers did you have to put foam taped inside the covers?

Mine came with 4 pieces of foam tape for each cover but no real instructions I can see.

Never mind. There is a video on the order page and one of the first questions asked is about how to install.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: beewang
I was finally able to get a photo - I have the 4D1 .

View attachment 931549
I finally checked this morning and mine's 4D1 also! Even though my VIN is 7SAYGDEE (ending in E not F). Thanks for the information so I was motivated to look, it's nice to know just cause I've watched some videos about the 4D1 and it's some cool tech in there.
1682702752349.png

Nice list!

I need to look into the center console tray. Which one did you get?

I have an extra screen protector. I installed one on my M3 and had some dust issues. They sent me a new one but I figured I could live with what it was like after the new one came. :)

I need to call a local place about ceramic coating. I do not think I want to do PPF as I do not have time to hand wash my car and no touchless car washes anywhere close to where I live.

I am going to do the clear tint. I think the rear and rear side tint will work for me and in NJ it is "illegal" to put tint on front passenger and driver windows. No need to get pulled over. :)
I got Spigen center console and Spigen screen protector. I’ve used their cell phone cases and screen protectors in the past and feel they are a quality product. Install for the protector is stupid easy and no bubbles or crap left behind. I used eye glass cleaner before using the wipes that it comes with but the wipes should do the job.

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis