Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats, have the same exact build and in San Diego also, but no update as of yet, still shows EDD 2/1 - 3/1 and still no VIN. I got my order confirmation at 10:35 a.m. on the 13th. What time did you order? Also, completed registration same day, no trade-in and 3rd party financing already approved. Fingers crossed I get an update soon.
Thanks! My order confirmation was 9:59am on 13th. I think you will be getting your VIN very soon!

for those who is paying cash, do you guys send the payment a head of time or pay at the time of delivery?
I'd like to know the details on this as well. Do they need a bank check? Do they do an ACH type transaction? With a routing number and bank account? Can it come out of a Savings or does it need to be checking, etc... I can't imagine I'd want to pay in advance, in the case you have to reject the car for whatever reason. My recent issue with my title for my trade-in being held hostage (another story) has me feeling good about paying cash to keep the transaction simple, but just not sure on the details of how this will all "go down"... Thx.

I'd like to know the details on this as well. Do they need a bank check? Do they do an ACH type transaction? With a routing number and bank account? Can it come out of a Savings or does it need to be checking, etc... I can't imagine I'd want to pay in advance, in the case you have to reject the car for whatever reason. My recent issue with my title for my trade-in being held hostage (another story) has me feeling good about paying cash to keep the transaction simple, but just not sure on the details of how this will all "go down"... Thx.
You can do ACH/wire transfer before taking delivery or hand them a cashier’s check at time of delivery.

only these two dates? any idea on extending a couple of days? and do you have a pre-approved loan or applying today? just wondering if 3 days is enough for closing the loan, if you don't mind can you share where are you finalizing the loan with and interest rate?
No prior experience but I'm sure there's some flexibility in arranging times outside the given availability. The scheduling calendar dynamically updates and late last night actually added a slot for delivery today while eliminating some time slots for 1/26 and 1/27.

I'm paying cash so not dealing with financing.

Reactions: geekfam and mt247
Driving by Tesla lot in Paramus, NJ this morning. Looks like another delivery!

DF36DDE9-0EB9-4213-BC69-495411CEF7AB.jpeg

I simply connect my bank account in my tesla app. The bank money transfer is ready to go with one TAP.
The reason I wanted to pay early is to lock in the price, who knows when they quietly increase the price for few thousands and then nobody knows what price they charge you.
Second, there is still no MVPA in my account, the bank need that before they fund the loan, I am asking my SA from the past week and they were saying it will available after the VIN is assigned. VIN assigned 3 days ago, and still no doc.
Now my delivery is setup in 2 days, and I am afraid if I can't setup the loan on time, so I decided to just do the bank transfer and not go with the finance route.
since the MVPA is still not available, I assume that it will available after I pay the amount, but should I go ahead and pay 2 days prior to my delivery?

anyone know paid cash and bough in advance can share their experience?

Will they return cash until you get a new vin and car?
Tesla returning your cash? That's a pretty funny joke ;).

I believe you can ask them to, but reports I've seen here say it may take weeks or months, and probably won't be a smooth process. Best to assume the cash that goes in stays in (unless you completely cancel, but that still probably won't be quick or easy). Check on delivery day is always a better option for that reason.

Do EDDs move around after VIN assigned?

Or rather, how long after VIN assignment have you guys received your teslas?
For the most part, it falls into two camps.

For some, HQ updates the reservation to list the vin once the car is produced and shipped/awaiting shipping.

For others, HQ doesn’t update the reservation and when the local service center takes delivery off the carrier, then the vin is assigned.

In the former, EDD can move around some, but typically it’s pretty close. For the latter, you get 3 days from then to pick up your car.

Folks trying to pay Tesla before getting your delivery, please don't be reckless with your hard earned money. Don't pay a (for profit) corporation your money before the goods are received. What if you end up rejecting due to faulty product? Bringing a cashiers check at the time of delivery seems to be the safest bet and keeps you in control. It doesn't cause any delay either so then why not use this option? There are so many cases reported on this board where it was very difficult to get money back from Tesla. So why bother?

Last edited: