Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Az as well. Ordered 1/13 Blue long range white interior still no vin showing est delivery today- Feb 5th 😔
I did the same build on the east coast on 1/18 and still have a EDD of FEB 21 - MAR 28. Nothing has updated since I put my deposit down. Im not backing down from the white seats, despite what others are saying about the seat covers to try and speed up delivery date.

I would suggest get a black interior and put Taptes white seat covers on top. The best ones with Nappa leather cost around $569. They will protect your original black seats and also give you the option to have white or black seats anytime you want. That is what I am planning on doing. The original white interior can get dirty if you don't treat it properly every one or two weeks. Save those $1000 dollars and invest on seat covers and accessories. This should also reduce your EDD. Look at youtube reviews for Taptes seat covers and make up your mind. I am not their rep in any way and did my own research so do your own research before making a decision.
I just changed my order to black interior. We'll see if it affects the EDD. I'll research seat cover options, including Taptes.

When I was attempting to modify my order, I accidentally click the wrong edit link and started modifying my registration info. I attempted to cancel but it required that I step through and complete the process. I didn't make any changes, but I probably put my order to the back of the queue. I'm not used to custom ordering a car as I always purchased off the dealer lot or bought from a private party. Uggghh! Need to take a deep breath and relax...

Reactions: Stridderk
Does anyone have a guess when I will receive a vin if my EDD is February 14 - March 21.
Ordered 1/15 around 4pm

White/Black 20 induction.
So Cal.
that's a wide range still. once it gets down to 2 weeks, you'll probably get a VIN. But when will it get down to two weeks is probably harder to predict. i.e. once it hits the assembly line at some point along the way is probably when they'll message you with a vin.

I am also in the same situation. Tower fcu won’t fund the loan in time so I may just pay cash but what if you reject the delivery? Will they return cash until you get a new vin and car?
I wouldn't give them anything before I inspected the car. Unless there is some law in your state that requires prepayment or out of state sale.
I brought a bank draft and after I inspected I handed it over.

Yes it will be very easy to downgrade to 19" I ordered a MYLR Red/Black Everything else stock. I for one would swap my 19 for your performance wheels. Good Luck
I'll stay with the MYLR. The MYP has a stiffer suspension and a lower ground clearance. My wife may not like it. The increased power is great, but I can also get the acceleration boost for $2K to get a faster car.

There does not seem to be any difference in delivery time between the MYLR and the MYP.

I would suggest get a black interior and put Taptes white seat covers on top. The best ones with Nappa leather cost around $569. They will protect your original black seats and also give you the option to have white or black seats anytime you want. That is what I am planning on doing. The original white interior can get dirty if you don't treat it properly every one or two weeks. Save those $1000 dollars and invest on seat covers and accessories. This should also reduce your EDD. Look at youtube reviews for Taptes seat covers and make up your mind. I am not their rep in any way and did my own research so do your own research before making a decision.
Wish I knew this before I ordered white interior. My brother ordered same as mine but with black seats and got his vin already and delivery next week.

that's a wide range still. once it gets down to 2 weeks, you'll probably get a VIN. But when will it get down to two weeks is probably harder to predict. i.e. once it hits the assembly line at some point along the way is probably when they'll message you with a vin.
I’ve been at a range of two weeks that starts this weekend for about a week now. No vin yet.

Wish I knew this before I ordered white interior. My brother ordered same as mine but with black seats and got his vin already and delivery next week.
You can change your order now if you like but I think they will charge you 500 extra because Tesla increased the base price. Confirm with a Tesla sales rep before making the change. Don't think it I will change if I still had to pay those extra 500. Even though the car price will be reduced by 1k, you will only save 500 in that case.

You can change your order now if you like but I think they will charge you 500 extra because Tesla increased the base price. Confirm with a Tesla sales rep before making the change. Don't think it I will change if I still had to pay those extra 500. Even though the car price will be reduced by 1k, you will only save 500 in that case.
No I feel like it would push me way back of the queue now. I ordered 1/13 and have an EDD for 2/5 - 3-5. Most of the others who are doing it now are getting dates of after mine. So I will just wait it out.

Reactions: Sohaib89