Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@KangThe

I have not yet seen any delivery for Blue/White gang yet, except for one exception which was a 7-seater... Have you seen any 5-seater being delivered after the price cuts?
Also, based on the different threads, I assume we should be expecting a Fremont build with matrix lights+comfort suspension. We on same page?

Based on the assigned VIN 7SAYGDEFXPF######, will my MYP be from the Fremont plant? Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing... vs. Austin 😶
All MYP are built in Fremont (to date). P=2023, F=Fremont.
My Fremont build was flawless, the internet is an echo chamber for the outlying QC issues. I think the large majority of MY these days have good build quality. I've read about bad QC out of Austin also.
MYP always come with Matrix headlights so no worry about those.
I don't see any reason to want an Austin car even if it was an option.

Reactions: WyoDude
The question is does JCPL cover the install? If not, stick with the Tesla Charger. I am in NJ as well and have PSEG. They are covering up to $1500 for install and permit. I am going with the
Yeah, I wish I had known before I placed my order, but TWC arrived Monday LOL. More wondering what I'll be leaving on the table with charging costs. (And maybe Tesla's will eventually be able to participate in the program.)

I believe they do cover up to $1500 for the install, but what is your out-of-pocket costs? Can you get the whole thing done at zero cost to you? Also, you have to call around to electricians, get quotes, schedule the install, etc. Yeah, those are probably lame excuses. :)

The other side of it for me is, my install will not be that hard, and I'm reasonably handy. An hour ago I ran to an electrical supply place, picked up 30ft. of 6 awg and 15 ft. of 8 awg for the ground, 10 feet of conduit and related hardware, for $57.87. The 60 amp breaker was $52.24 (and I have room in the panel). I also have a main service disconnect at the meter so I can de-energize my entire panel so I don't electrocute myself! :)

I believe NJ will give me $250 toward the charger? and a federal tax credit for 30% of the cost? Still need to figure all that out.

Let me know how you make out with electricians I'm very curious!

UPDATE:

1. I spoke with a sales person at Tesla in Raleigh today, he looked up my VIN and thinks my MYLR will arrive a few days sooner than my current EDD of Feb 7-14 on the app (ordered on 1/13).

2. He informed me that the car is coming from Fremont, and it will arrive quickly via rail to their distribution hub in Birmingham Alabama. From there, it gets split up and shipped all over.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this 70 page thread, but just thought I'd share. Cheers.

UPDATE:

1. I spoke with a sales person at Tesla in Raleigh today, he looked up my VIN and thinks my MYLR will arrive a few days sooner than my current EDD of Feb 7-14 on the app (ordered on 1/13).

2. He informed me that the car is coming from Fremont, and it will arrive quickly via rail to their distribution hub in Birmingham Alabama. From there, it gets split up and shipped all over.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this 70 page thread, but just thought I'd share. Cheers.
Very cool update. The update I got together would prove that I would be receiving my order "a few days sooner".

Reactions: jose3030
I just changed my order to an available-in-stock MYP and received the VIN#
EDD is now 02/06 - 02/12
  • Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
😁
Congratulations! I see quite some Performance model available in the existing inventory in my area. It's true for the LR model with price tags over $55,000 as well. You can get one of those right away.

Yeah, I wish I had known before I placed my order, but TWC arrived Monday LOL. More wondering what I'll be leaving on the table with charging costs. (And maybe Tesla's will eventually be able to participate in the program.)

I believe they do cover up to $1500 for the install, but what is your out-of-pocket costs? Can you get the whole thing done at zero cost to you? Also, you have to call around to electricians, get quotes, schedule the install, etc. Yeah, those are probably lame excuses. :)

The other side of it for me is, my install will not be that hard, and I'm reasonably handy. An hour ago I ran to an electrical supply place, picked up 30ft. of 6 awg and 15 ft. of 8 awg for the ground, 10 feet of conduit and related hardware, for $57.87. The 60 amp breaker was $52.24 (and I have room in the panel). I also have a main service disconnect at the meter so I can de-energize my entire panel so I don't electrocute myself! :)

I believe NJ will give me $250 toward the charger? and a federal tax credit for 30% of the cost? Still need to figure all that out.

I got JCP&L too. They do cover up to $1,500 installation with a limited choices of chargers. I will go with Juicebox 40. So far, I have got a quote of $950. The wiring in my house is about 70ft. To qualify for the $250 charger incentive from the state, you cannot use Tesla either. Juicebox is good for both JCP&L and the state. I am not aware of the 30% federal tax credit though. Another homework for me :)

UPDATE:

My exp with transport via rail was 2+ weeks delay. =/ This was probably the same route but from GA to CA

I believe the NJ program for the $250 rebate is only towards select qualifying chargers. (Tesla Wall Charger is not on the list). Also, would love to hear more about the 30% tax credit on charger costs if that's a thing. Can you share the source? Thx!

@KangThe

I have not yet seen any delivery for Blue/White gang yet, except for one exception which was a 7-seater... Have you seen any 5-seater being delivered after the price cuts?
Also, based on the different threads, I assume we should be expecting a Fremont build with matrix lights+comfort suspension. We on same page?
Yeah. I haven’t seen any 5 seater blue/white delivered yet either. And it is a common understanding that Fremont only builds white interior and they have been putting matrix lights. So hopefully we luck out!!

But I did see another user with white/white and his built was Austin. So idk if it will happen to us too.

As for comfort suspension I think it’s across the board. All model y now come with it.

I think. But like I don’t really know anything tho. It’s all what I read on random forums. So I take it with very lightly. I mainly do it because I am so impatient waiting for the car lol.

Reactions: hoax.killer
I believe the NJ program for the $250 rebate is only towards select qualifying chargers. (Tesla Wall Charger is not on the list). Also, would love to hear more about the 30% tax credit on charger costs if that's a thing. Can you share the source? Thx!
Unfortunately, the Tesla wall connector is not on the list for the NJ $250 rebate. Here is an article about the 30% federal tax credit. It applies to both the installation and charger. With all the credits and rebate, you should be able to have the charger installed for free.