Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Seven Seat Interior

OD: 1/13 0735 EDT
VIN: TBD

The estimated delivery window at order was FEB-APR23. However on 1/14 it narrowed to February 23 - March 30. Based on timelines from other members I am assuming that my 7 seat interior has pushed the estimated delivery date to the right.
My order isn't too different from yours but I'm skeptical of the estimated dates.

OD: 1/12 10:52 CST
EDD Range : 1/30 - 2/28
MSM LR 7 seats
White interior
Induction wheels
Tow

How does one get a SA? I ordered online and I don't have an assigned SA... Or do you just call the showroom directly?
That’s a great question. Honestly I got an email from her as soon as I ordered in May of last year. She went over the entire process and said if I have any questions to email her directly.

Your mileage may vary as I’ve been told some are lucky enough to have an SA that is hands on like this, while others never receive any communication from the delivery/service center. I think I just got lucky.

Reactions: KangThe
I ordered a Model Y LR on 1/13, was assigned a VIN on 1/15 and scheduled my delivery for 1/20 (I could have chosen an earlier option). I live in Southern California and was surprised to see an Austin build VIN #. Even more surprising, my Tesla insurance quote pulls in my VIN as a Model Y Performance? I searched some VIN decoders and my Position 8 has an F, which equals "Dual Motor - Performance Model Y." Anyone know why my LR VIN would say it's Performance? I sent a text to the Tesla advisor.

Reactions: KangThe and acpd
I ordered a Model Y LR on 1/13, was assigned a VIN on 1/15 and scheduled my delivery for 1/20 (I could have chosen an earlier option). I live in Southern California and was surprised to see an Austin build VIN #. Even more surprising, my Tesla insurance quote pulls in my VIN as a Model Y Performance? I searched some VIN decoders and my Position 8 has an F, which equals "Dual Motor - Performance Model Y." Anyone know why my LR VIN would say it's Performance? I sent a text to the Tesla advisor.
Shhhh….maybe you’ll get a Performance for the price of a Long Range!

That did cross my mind, but I thought Austin wasn't even producing Performance Model Y's? Does anyone know if insurance is higher on a Performance versus LR?
Odd....E should be LR in the 8th digit. So far Austin hasn't produced Performance. Maybe the Austin VINs have different values but I thought they were the same (other than A for Austin in the 12th spot).