Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here.
First time poster. First time EV buyer.

Test drove and ordered 1/14 @ 1100 PST.
MY LR Blue/Black
Revised order via app a couples hours later. Silver/ Black
EDD Jan - March

How do we get notified? App or text?
It really varies. Some get a text, I got an email, some find it online or searching the source code of their manage my order page.

My email just said final payment due. I then found my VIN in a new MVPA that showed up on my account. My VIN didn’t show up anywhere else till about a week later when they contacted me to schedule delivery.

From what I’ve gathered once VIN is assigned humans take over from the automation of EDDs up to that point. Each DC and SA seems to handle the process differently which is why there is no consistency in how people find out about their order being ready.

I have a blue MY and a grey 2022 LR M3. The M3 only has 1700 miles I’m thinking about trading in my M3 for a MY since the prices are lower now. The thing is my rate for M3 is 2% and at the same bank right now the lowest is 3.2% for 60 months and 3.45% for 61 months and up. Im pretty sure rates will go down and I can refinance but who knows when.

I haven’t been on this forum in a while. I’m going to read some threads to get some new info on the MY.

Newbie here.
First time poster. First time EV buyer.

Test drove and ordered 1/14 @ 1100 PST.
MY LR Blue/Black
Revised order via app a couples hours later. Silver/ Black
EDD Jan - March

How do we get notified? App or text?
so when my EDD changed I did not get any notification whatsoever, just pulled up the app then realized the date had changed from just the Jan- March to Jan 24- Feb. 7. I ordered 1/13 and the change happened around 8am the next day, yeah i was spam refreshing intermittently lol

Update:
I have 3 on order. Myself, brother and sister.

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR
OD: 1/13
EDD: 2/5 - 3/5

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR
EDD: 1/29 - 2/5
VIN: 1/18 (this happened this morning)

Sister:
White/Black MYLR
OD: 1/14
EDD: Jan - Mar (generic)

So that was cool that his VIN got assigned today. Will keep you guys updated if anything on the other two changes.

Update:
I have 3 on order. Myself, brother and sister.

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR
EDD: 2/5 - 3/5

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR
EDD: 1/29 - 2/5
VIN: 1/18 (this happened this morning)

Sister:
White/Black MYLR
OD: 1/14
EDD: Jan - Mar (generic)

So that was cool that his VIN got assigned today. Will keep you guys updated if anything on the other two changes.
Thanks for the update

<——- impatiently waiting

Reactions: PewPew and KangThe