Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You probably will get a new EDD tomorrow once the current one has passed. I hope we can have our cars in February.
I'm not far from you both in NY and my OD was 1/13. My EDD is still showings 1/29-2/26. Has not changed at all. Although I'm hearing in another thread, that white on white are taking longer and that's what I ordered. Kinda wish I had just gone with the black but I'm already knee-deep in the wait.....sigh....

What source did you get this from? interesting breakdown and makes sense on why black is delayed. That number of cars does seem really low tho.
Looking at the positives on my end, I'm signing up for FPL time of use program so I can charge at off peak hours at a lower rate. According to their website it's about a 3 month wait for install

its a crowd sourced spreadsheet and does provide some interesting insight on what are the popular options and such. at least you have better chance of getting any new hardware (radar/front camera) since its further out.

Just yourself and maybe 2-3 more judging by prior posts.

I ended up changing my color from MSM to White as that seemed to have earlier EDD. Even after the color change my EDD is still Apr 3 - May 15!
After making similar change my SA said about 48 hours for ODD to update.

MYLR Blue/Black 19"
tow
OD: 1/16 App: 1/16
EDD: 2/12 - 3/15
Changed color to White/Black 1/19, tow
EDD: same
VIN: not assigned

Reactions: MNONTHEROAD

its a crowd sourced spreadsheet and does provide some interesting insight on what are the popular options and such. at least you have better chance of getting any new hardware (radar/front camera) since its further out.
That would be so cool but I highly doubt it. Hope there will be more news about it on investor day in march. I have co workers who are on the fence about canceling their orders to wait for HW4 and Radar, its not a deal breaker for me, probably because I plan on buying an X in about 2-3 years and thats what I want it on since its for my wife and daughter.

I have not. My SA did mention that most model y's he has been seeing were coming from Austin.

Well there are about 4 of us so far on this forum from MN.
My ODD : 1/13 1 AM CT
EDD changed from 1/24 - 2/28 to 2/4 - 2/18
White on white - 7 Seater, 19".
No VIN so far.

Waiting for other Minnesotans to unite and get our delivery truck moving 😁

As of today (Jan 23), my EDD is less than two weeks (Jan 23-Feb 1) but still no VIN. Any ideas? Where does the VIN show up? In the app, if so where in the app? In an email?

MYLR White/Black/19"/Tow hitch
OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30
EDD: Jan 22-Jan 31 (as of Jan 22)
San Francisco Bay area

My EDD has been slipping a day at a time since Jan 18. And on Jan 21 the outside date began slipping. Anyone experiencing the same? Can anything be read into this?
Any so it goes...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27 (today): EDD Jan 27- Feb 5

Is Tesla in the habit of teasing its customers like this?

On Jan 26, I received this email: Tesla Shop Order Has Shipped (Mobile Connector). Can I read anything into that?

I'm not far from you both in NY and my OD was 1/13. My EDD is still showings 1/29-2/26. Has not changed at all. Although I'm hearing in another thread, that white on white are taking longer and that's what I ordered. Kinda wish I had just gone with the black but I'm already knee-deep in the wait.....sigh....
I guess your update is coming soon. These guys don't do it until the last day. With your early OD, you should be fine to receive your car in February. Not that I speak for Elon :)

Reactions: mswhite2010
Update:

Ordered 1/13 MYLR white ext/black int, standard everything
Original edd: jan-march
Update 1: Jan 30-feb 27
Update 2: Feb 7-14
Update 3: Feb1-10

It's getting close, I can feel it! Hope delivery will be smooth and I won't have to reject it, worried I might miss the tax credit window if repairs needed, given the huge influx of demand.
Hello again! As I mentioned before, I have the same exact specs as you in same location and same order date. As of right now, my EDD still says 01/29 - 02/07. I'll definitely let you know as soon as I get a delivery appointment notification (let me know if you get one as well). It's strange how my window is about 2 days ahead of you, I would've thought we'd be on the same truck to Raleigh, haha.
Let me know how it goes on y’all delivery day.
We are pick up in the same location
My Edd Feb 23 - Mar 30

Reactions: EpicNguyen