Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the same black/black on 1/18 late afternoon as well and my EDD is 2/8 to 3/8 but my trade-in expires on 2/23 I am in the SF Bay Area.
That's definitely location. I live in West, Florida but my delivery location is Jacksonville Florida all the way on the east coast. In all honesty, I don't mind as much, I'm still researching , looking at My budget , saving a few extra pennies for down payment, getting my garage in order and a bunch. More little things here and there

OD 1/14 AM in Houston, TX
MYLR5/White/Black/19
EDD: 1/28-2/25
VIN: 1/27 Austin build
Pickup: 1/31-2/1
Scheduled my pickup on 2/1, super excited. Probably won't get Matrix headlights but oh well.

If you are in Texas, be sure to get your insurance policy started a few days before pickup. They need the policy to reference your VIN to get you a temporary registration prior to pickup.

Anyone know if Plaid payment is immediate? The sales advisor told me to pay a few days ahead of time but I've heard of people paying after inspecting the vehicle during pickup.

Reactions: geekfam
I gotta say it’s pretty interesting that Tesla is still showing a February to March estimate on any orders placed today for the 5 seater. My order was in 8 days ago and my estimate is 3/9 - 3/31.

Wondering if they actually think they can get these out by March or if they are just trying to get as many orders in as possible due to people hoping for the credit expiration, even if they know they won’t hit the March deadline.

The latter would be pretty crappy since you’ve got folks putting down non refundable deposits.
I think they still show Feb-Mar because if you order a MY above $55K MSRP you probably can easily get it in that time frame. A number are in inventory and likely way less demand for those combinations right now. Same thing as why the MYP still shows Jan-Feb. Tesla can probably get some people a MYP the next day.

Reactions: geekfam and LuryeMI
My delivery dates were also delayed this morning.

O/D 1/13 evening
Model Y AWD LR/Blue/Black/19
EDD 2/03-3/03 (updated this morning - was originally 1/22 - 2/19)
No VIN yet
Update:
Got my VIN on evening of 1/27 (checked on site - didn't get any text or email)
Previous EDD: 20/3 - 3/03
New EDD: 2/06 - 2/11
Fremont build (regardless of where it was built, I'm just hoping for minimal issues that can be easily fixed)

Looks like more people getting their VINs these last few days, including those on the East Coast (I'm located in NJ and see 2-3 other recent posts on here from others who also just got their VIN).

I think ALL 2023 model Y gets the cargo cover.

There was some video on YT reviewing it and the guy was "hinting" at Elon that we needed cargo covers to reduce the echo sounds from the hatchback and I think Telsa actually took it and implemented it (my guess lol)
That's great. I heard people with car from Austin got the cover, but not from Fremont. I guess it's not accurate.

Reactions: jose3030
If you are in Texas, be sure to get your insurance policy started a few days before pickup. They need the policy to reference your VIN to get you a temporary registration prior to pickup.

You all might want to at least get a quote from Tesla Insurance. Our Model Y is only driven about 10k a year, but the full coverage insurance is really cheap. This is Illinois, so YMMV. The first 2 months premium is based on a safety score of 90. After that it is based on your driving. We are always between 98-100 scores. Here is our Model Y premium in Illinois for full coverage. Just FYI.

Screenshot_20230129-193518.png

You all might want to at least get a quote from Tesla Insurance. Our Model Y is only driven about 10k a year, but the full coverage insurance is really cheap. This is Illinois, so YMMV. The first 2 months premium is based on a safety score of 90. After that it is based on your driving. We are always between 98-100 scores. Here is our Model Y premium in Illinois for full coverage. Just FYI.

View attachment 901195
I got quoted $200/month lol. More expensive that my current insurance.

Age 33 with no accidents, tickets or claims.

View attachment 901195
that is really cheap. Too bad the real-time driving behavior is not available in CA... 😢

• Informative
Reactions: geekfam
Yep, OD: 1/14, OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30. Then...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27: EDD Jan 27- Feb 5
Jan 28: EDD Jan 28-Feb 6
Jan 29 (as of today): EDD Jan 29-Feb 7, still no vin.
I kind of had a similar shift, but from 25th Jan to today and EDD is showing 29 Jan-Feb 12. messaged them this morning and got a response saying "current delivery estimate is very early Feb".

@Ray_R @Bbear