Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about final payment:
My bank does not issue cashier's checks, so I am considering a direct electronic payment. I tried linking my institution in the Tesla app, and it seems to work, but I stopped the process when it appeared that the payment would be processed immediately (which would be silly, since the car is still two weeks away). Has anyone paid their final balance trough the app? How was the experience? How far in advance of delivery were you required to pay?

Hey guys, question -

So I got approval and everything from 3rd party loan, but they said they need the final contract with the VIN and mileage before they send me the money.

How do we find this info? I don't see the mileage anywhere on the Tesla App or email/texts.

I told them I need the money before I can take delivery. Our Tesla Raleigh center never picks up. Called and was on hold twice for almost 1 hr each.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdhaduk
Ordered 1/18. EDD was 3/15 - 3/31. They just shipped my mobile connector and the same day updated EDD went to 2/12 - 3/12. Glad it moved up but wish the delivery window narrowed down.

Are there any requirements for you to be able to get the vehicle delivered to your house instead of picking it up at a service center? I'm in Houston.

Reactions: Sohaib89
Hey guys, question -

So I got approval and everything from 3rd party loan, but they said they need the final contract with the VIN and mileage before they send me the money.

How do we find this info? I don't see the mileage anywhere on the Tesla App or email/texts.

I told them I need the money before I can take delivery. Our Tesla Raleigh center never picks up. Called and was on hold twice for almost 1 hr each.
That info is on your MVPA, which you should have gotten when you got your VIN. It's not in the app, you have to log in via the website and find it at the bottom right hand corner with the rest of your documents to view.

Update:
I have 3 on order. Myself, brother and sister.

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR
OD: 1/13
EDD: 2/5 - 3/5

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/29 - 2/5
VIN: 1/18 (this happened this morning)

Sister:
White/Black MYLR
OD: 1/14
EDD: Jan - Mar (generic)

So that was cool that his VIN got assigned today. Will keep you guys updated if anything on the other two changes.
Update:
I have 3 on order. Myself, brother and sister. All ordered in Mass.

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR
OD: 1/13 - 6PM

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR
OD: 1/13. 3PM
VIN: 1/18
Pick Up Scheduled: 2/7, apparently it wad being transported via train.

Sister:
White/Black MYLR
OD: 1/14 - 6PM
EDD: 2/6-3/6
VIN: 1/31 (received early mooring via Text and shows up on the app)
Updated post VIN EED: 2/12-2/18

Now, I am just waiting for my VIN. It is funny because I ordered both of theirs, did their loan work and everything and neither of them cares when the car arrives or even check the tesla app. I log in to each of their account and make sure its all updated. And both of them got their VIN before I did lol. But I do have white interior so I assume that's what's causing the delay.

Update:

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR

Sister:
White/Black MYLR

Now, I am just waiting for my VIN. It is funny because I ordered both of theirs, did their loan work and everything and neither of them cares when the car arrives or even check the tesla app. I log in to each of their account and make sure its all updated. And both of them got their VIN before I did lol. But I do have white interior so I assume that's what's causing the delay.
You test drive all 3 cars and get to keep the best one, it's only fair 😂

Update:

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR

Sister:
White/Black MYLR

Will be interesting to see how the build quality compares between all 3. Which factory are your siblings' cars coming from?

Reactions: WyoDude
That info is on your MVPA, which you should have gotten when you got your VIN. It's not in the app, you have to log in via the website and find it at the bottom right hand corner with the rest of your documents to view.
Sorry follow up question - it seems to have the prices without the taxes and fees. Will they update it to include the final price with everything? Or do we have to calculate ourselves?

Question about final payment:
My bank does not issue cashier's checks, so I am considering a direct electronic payment. I tried linking my institution in the Tesla app, and it seems to work, but I stopped the process when it appeared that the payment would be processed immediately (which would be silly, since the car is still two weeks away). Has anyone paid their final balance trough the app? How was the experience? How far in advance of delivery were you required to pay?
I had this same question earlier and after digging into it and searching a bit, I get the impression that if possible, a cashier's check is the way to go. Some folks indicated the following: if you to reject your car the first or heck, maybe even the second time, you already given Tesla your nearly $60k; if you cancel your order because something went wrong or you change your mind, it will be incredibly difficult to get your money back from Tesla and will take several weeks; and lastly (and most scary) is the chance that Tesla charges your account twice and then you have to run around and spend weeks trying to get your money back.

No thanks, I'll get a cashiers check and hand it to the sales rep when we agree to take delivery.

Reactions: Jeff-4
I believe someone previously stated that white interior only comes from Fremont. Not sure if that is still the case. Just fyi
I received a detailed breakdown on the Order Page at Tesla.com a few days after playing my order with the complete breakdown with Taxes and Registration fees included. Check online on their website, rather than the app to see if you have the same.

I believe someone previously stated that white interior only comes from Fremont. Not sure if that is still the case. Just fyi
Newer reports believe Austin is making white interiors - they are just in very small quantities. I think the latest drone video showed 1-2 out of about 100 cars...

I have an Austin build w/ white interior...

Sorry follow up question - it seems to have the prices without the taxes and fees. Will they update it to include the final price with everything? Or do we have to calculate ourselves?
Make sure in the website you click MVPA or Purchase Agreement, not Order Agreement or Vehicle Configuration. The MVPA should have the full breakdown on page 2 or 3.

Reactions: EpicNguyen