Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!
I'm new to TMC and the Tesla family, was hoping someone had some insight on a question I had.
I'm a travel nurse who is living in Seattle WA, I ordered my MYLR White/White 19", 5 seater on 1/26
My permeant residence is in the state of OH. I ordered my vehicle in WA since that's where I'll be living for probably the next 6 months. I don't have a WA drivers license only an OH. When it comes to registration I want to register the car to OH, but when I tried to type it in the Tesla App when setting up my profile, it said I had to deliver in OH if I wanted to have a OH registration. But a SA at the store told me that's not true it's possible to register in the state that my license is in. So for now I have it being registered in WA since that's where delivery will be. Is it even possible for me to have it registered in WA if I don't have a WA driver's license? Any insight?
Thanks so much!
One thing you should be aware of is certain state tax credits may apply conditions. I'm in NJ and to qualify for the local tax credit it indicates dealer must be in NJ and registered in NJ. I'm not going to test that by registering out of state.

>>The purchase or lease agreement must be from a participating New Jersey dealership or showroom<<

Also if you look at existing inventory, I noticed some cars specifically say it must be registered in a particular state. Again, don't know why, and I'm not going to challenge the red tape.

Last edited:
Reactions: nurseyag
An earlier post discussed types of batteries and recommended charging limits that I did not follow so much. Here is a link to an article on battery types. What Batteries Are Tesla Using In Its Electric Cars?

Tesla battery cell types:
  • 1865-type (18 mm in diameter and 65 mm tall)
    use: Roadster (original), Model S, Model X
  • 2170-type (21 mm in diameter and 70 mm tall)
    use: Model 3, Model Y
  • 4680-type (46 mm in diameter and 80 mm tall)
    use: Model Y Made-in-Texas (in the future also Model Y from Germany and new models)
  • prismatic (LFP type)
    use: entry-level Model 3 and Model Y
What I don't quite get is Model Y is listed for 3 types. The LR and STD AWD uses which battery?

MYLR range is 318 20" wheels 0-60 in 4.8
MYAWD range is 269 20" wheels 0-60 in 5

That's really just 49 miles different. What's the difference between LR and AWD?

Last edited:
Reactions: tm3lrawd
Thanks, same to you as well! And sure, I will lyk. Hoping I get a text or notification to schedule soon so I can make arrangements and be prepared.

Are you also waiting for a text/notification to be able to schedule your delivery date/time?

Mine is PF662xxx (Fremont build) so our cars could possibly be on the same truck 👀 (our delivery locations are probably different though)

I think the NJ people that have both their VIN and EDD in the next 1-1.5 weeks ordered on 1/13 or 1/14 so hopefully yours comes soon.
I only got a text to schedule on 1/21, and was able to choose 1/31, 2/1 or 2/2. Selected 2/1, but I had to move it to 2/2. Just texted the SA and switched it right away.
OD 1/14
Vin 1/15
Born on 1/16.
Guess I caught the tail end of an MSM run LOL. Hoping it's a true "wednesday car"!
Hey Guys,

Yesterday, I received a text message for delievery!! I am scheduled for 2/13 for my MYLR. So excited!! 😀

An earlier post discussed types of batteries and recommended charging limits that I did not follow so much. Here is a link to an article on battery types. What Batteries Are Tesla Using In Its Electric Cars?

use: Model Y Made-in-Texas (in the future also Model Y from Germany and new models)
  • prismatic (LFP type)
What I don't quite get is Model Y is listed for 3 types. The LR and STD AWD uses which battery?

That's really just 48 miles different. What's the difference between LR and AWD?
All the MYLRs have 2170 as of now. They built some with 4680s but mostly sold them to their employees and very few select external customers.
MYLR is also AWD (All Wheel Drive) . The MYAWD is basically standard range AWD with lesser range (269 miles) compared to the MYLR (330 miles). LR stands for Long Range if you didn't know that already.

• prismatic (LFP type)

That's really just 49 miles different. What's the difference between LR and AWD?
LR (and MYP) uses 2170
AWD uses 4680
RWD (only sold overseas) uses LFP

Difference between LR and AWD is that AWD is using the 4680 batteries in structural battery pack and has front and rear gigacastings.

• prismatic (LFP type)

Long range is with 2170 battery
Standard with 4280
Both shouldn’t be charged to 100%

Wooo hoooo!!!! I just got my VIN in the last few hours!

MYLR/White/Black Seats/19" Wheels
OD: 1/14 (2:30am PST)
EDD: 1/27 - 2/24
New EDD: 2/12 - 2/21
VIN: 1/27/23 (after 9pm PST)

I checked my Tesla App today and noticed the EDD has narrowed quite a bit!!!

MYLR/White/Black Seats/19" Wheels
OD: 1/14 (2:30am PST)
EDD: 1/27 - 2/24
Second EDD: 2/12 - 2/21
Latest EDD: 2/12 - 2/14
VIN: 1/27/23 (after 9pm PST)

So close... I can almost smell my car :)

Reactions: geekfam
I called my insurance co to get a quote on the Tesla MY LR. I was quoted only $10 extra for 6 months. Not exact since they wanted a vin. But still... I expecting it to be much higher.
wow that is great.....been checking mine and it looks to be triple what I am paying now.....this makes it hard for me to go through with delivery. Anyone in CA with similar experience?

Thank you for your insight. I was not aware of the recommendation to charge the 4680 cells to 100%. I was aware of charging Lithium batteries to 80%-90%.

Interestingly enough the MY Standard Range is also AWD (which would have been a deal breaker for me if it had not been). Now I am seriously considering switching!
before you make that choice you must also consider that yes 80% of a MYLR is the same as the 100% MYSR The issue is not your % its actually the charge time above the 80% mark of eighter vehicle battery. Both packs will slow down to a crawl about 80% So the MYSR will take for ever to reach 100% vs the time it will take the MYLR to reach its 80% mark. Bottom line is the LR is a much better option especially when you put lots of miles on your commute and travel. Just my point of view on this subject

Hi guys, quick questions for you:
I ordered a Model Y white exterior, black interior, 19” wheels, tow hitch (no EA or FSD) on January 15 in Chicago.
I was shown Jan-Mar estimated delivery, and I am still shown that, even though we are in February already!
I only have a reservation number, no VIN attached. Is there something I’m missing? I am not able to add any delivery or loan information. If I call Tesla delivery services I just get a mailbox where I leave messages, but no one calls back.
It seems people that ordered much later than me already got their vehicles - do you have any suggestions?

I just tried this, but looks like it only changes the date of the signature (from the VP of sales of Tesla North America). The Date of Agreement still shows 2/14 (my delivery day)
Darn. It must behave differently for me since I haven’t scheduled my delivery yet (but it looks like it will be late next week). I switched lenders and loan amounts and immediately got a new MVPA with that day’s date at the top of page 2 where it says “Date of Agreement”.

Reactions: EpicNguyen
Darn. It must behave differently for me since I haven’t scheduled my delivery yet (but it looks like it will be late next week). I switched lenders and loan amounts and immediately got a new MVPA with that day’s date at the top of page 2 where it says “Date of Agreement”.
I see, yeah I suppose it must be the delivery date then.

I texted Tesla and they said they can't change it. I guess my only option is to apply to a different credit union, or take the higher interest rate through Tesla loan. Kinda sucks cause neither is really my fault.

Thank you for your help though. I really, really appreciate you trying.

Reactions: bdhaduk
Hi guys, quick questions for you:
I ordered a Model Y white exterior, black interior, 19” wheels, tow hitch (no EA or FSD) on January 15 in Chicago.
I was shown Jan-Mar estimated delivery, and I am still shown that, even though we are in February already!
I only have a reservation number, no VIN attached. Is there something I’m missing? I am not able to add any delivery or loan information. If I call Tesla delivery services I just get a mailbox where I leave messages, but no one calls back.
It seems people that ordered much later than me already got their vehicles - do you have any suggestions?
Chicago area too. Ordered 1/14 pm, still waiting for vin. My EDD is showing 2/5-3/5

before you make that choice you must also consider that yes 80% of a MYLR is the same as the 100% MYSR The issue is not your % its actually the charge time above the 80% mark of eighter vehicle battery. Both packs will slow down to a crawl about 80% So the MYSR will take for ever to reach 100% vs the time it will take the MYLR to reach its 80% mark. Bottom line is the LR is a much better option especially when you put lots of miles on your commute and travel. Just my point of view on this subject
I have to agree with you. Im only still waiting for my first Tesla, MYLR, but I was playing with the trip planner and although they dont have a MYSR to choose from, they do have the M3SR to compare with. Not apples to apples comparison but if you plan a long trip on a MYLR versus a M3SR you will see 15-50 minute charges for the LR and 25-70 minute charges for the SR. I planned an Albany NY to Minneapolis MN trip and although it shows me making more stops in the MYLR version (9 stops) versus M3SR version (7 stops), you spend less time overall charging in the LR (280min LR vs 350 min SR). For a daily driver under 50 miles, maybe not a big deal. But for someone with a family that might have that occasional road trip across state 2-3 hours away, it's probably nice to be able to charge faster and be on your way.

Reactions: MNONTHEROAD