Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model: MYP, Midnight Silver Metallic
Order Date : February 3 (before price increase)
Financing Approved last night
Delivery Date: Feb-March ; Unchanged from when I placed the order

Can't wait to get a narrower delivery window as am planning to sell my 2019 4Runner around the same time and have interested buyers wanting a potential pickup date..Any idea when one an expect a date change? And is there any chance that this gets delivered by the end of February ahead of the March decision by the IRS?

Just got an update on the Estimated delivery window: March 4 - March 31. Not sure if this will be before the IRS ruling but fingers crossed.

Just got the add accessories text, hoping that means it will be in production soon?

OD 1/23
EDD 3/10-3/31
I got a text from the 510 number on my way home from work today. Got my hopes up only to find out it was the add upgrades text when I got a chance to read it. I guess there are a couple ways to look at it:

Pessimist: They won’t be building my vehicle for a while and they thought they would try to squeeze a few extra bucks out of me while I wait.

Optimist: They’ll be starting my build soon and wanted to give me a final chance to order upgrades before they get started.

I’m not sure which category I fall in. It probably changes from minute to minute. This waiting is terrible! I’ve purchased close to 30 cars in my life and I don’t think I’ve ever had to wait more than 2 or 3 days for any of them. I’m used to walking onto the lot, picking the car I want, signing the paperwork and driving it home. At the moment, I’m not as worried about the tax credit (though I certainly want it) as the fact that there’s not a MSM MYLR parked in my driveway right now.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
I can see how it might feel that way, but consider the scale of the business we're talking about and the added logistics, time, and ultimately costs that would be incurred if it were done that way. There would be a lot more mistakes on the assembly line if vehicles were produced in the random order that they were requested, instead of organized into logical productions runs with common features. There would need to be a lot more car haulers taking much smaller payloads, because the odds of a batch of consecutive orders going to the same place would be incredibly low. If a defect were found in final quality control, the gap in the line would throw everything off. If a customer didn't fill out their profile, the rest of the world would have to wait until they could be reached. If a customer rejected a car because of a minor paint scuff that was buffed out in 30 seconds, it would have to be shipped across the country to be delivered to the next person who ordered that exact spec, instead of just delivered to someone locally who ordered the same spec a few days later. Obviously these are all extreme examples, but think of all of the limitations to getting hundreds of cars per day delivered, then consider how much harder it would be if everything had to be kept in nearly the exact order that it was submitted.

Even in a case where someone had the same order date, same delivery location, same specs, their time to completion of their profile can affect their order priority. If one person applied for Tesla Financing and the other took three business days to get approved by their credit union, that's enough to make a big difference in VIN assignment. I specifically asked my SA if there is anything I can do to ensure the fastest delivery, and that was his #1 suggestion, get the profile completed in full immediately. He also said more options gets slightly higher priority. Unfortunately it was a holiday weekend, so I couldn't apply for financing until Tuesday. Even though I was approved instantly, that probably put me behind many people who were fine with Tesla's rates, or were paying cash and linked their bank account showing that the funds were available. I don't feel disrespected, it's just business.
i don't know how this is done from what I understood the ap says we will reach out with next steps
My form says "Complete" with cash payment selected .

Next steps:
  • desk top App says
    We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.
  • Phone App:
  • We'll Notify you when it's time to continue with your pre delivery tasks.
  • Prepare to drive and charge your Tesla by completing the Meet Your Tesla overview

I would link the account if it is needed.?

Last edited:
OD 1/13. Bad News! My EDD has extended it's range back to 2 weeks. For days, I have had a 9 day window and it
was shifting day by day. This morning at 6:00 AM my EDD was Feb 9 - Feb 18. Now, just this evening my EDD
unexpectedly moved to Feb 10 - Feb 24. Ouch!!
Because of your post, I just checked mine again and it did similar. I’m also in Oregon.
OD 1/13
MYP Red/Black
Earlier today EDD was 2/9-2/18. It had counted up from 2/4-2/18.
EDD now is 2/15-3/1
No VIN

White/black/19 MYLR

OD - 1/14 around 7pm pacific
EDD (initial) - 1/27 - 2/24
EDD (changed) - 2/7 - 2/21
VIN (2/7, received text at 4pm) - PF672
Delivery date option - 2/10 or 2/11 only. Chose 2/11.
SA said mine was built on 2/5.

Took early delivery today. Accepted delivery, but noticed panel gaps issues, headlight gap issues, and paint issues.

Also, someone here said their SA said MYLR dont come with matrix lights anymore. But, im pretty sure my MYLR had matrix lights—i saw a circular bulb-like shape on the corner of each headlight.

Reactions: 455dan
SA said mine was built on 2/5.

Took early delivery today. Accepted delivery, but noticed panel gaps issues, headlight gap issues, and paint issues.

Also, someone here said their SA said MYLR dont come with matrix lights anymore. But, im pretty sure my MYLR had matrix lights—i saw a circular bulb-like shape on the corner of each headlight.
How bad is yours? This was mine earlier today/a few pages back. I since added a video about the clear coat.
I’m conflicted. What do you all think about this issues on my car? Would you accept delivery of this? Otherwise the panel gaps are even, the panels are flush with each other (mostly/close enough), seals looks good. So overall the car is in good shape, but it may take some work to correct these. I haven’t checked the inside yet though (today isn’t my delivery date).
View attachment 905196View attachment 905197View attachment 905198View attachment 905199View attachment 905200View attachment 905201

On that last one, it’s much easier to see in video vs. a still image.

General comment in relation to sliding EDD's. While this is frustrating, realize that there is no logical human being or even an AI setting your estimated delivery date window. It's just a crude algorithm that isn't even sophisticated enough to consider that if it's 3pm and you still don't have a VIN, you're definitely not taking delivery that day. It's also not updating in real time, there have been times that my EDD window started two days in the past 🤦‍♂️. There are a lot of moving parts to try to account for when setting an EDD, they need to estimate how many people will back out of their orders and make cars available for others, they are contending with changing guidance on the tax credit causing a rush of order changes, then there are cars that get rejected for legitimate reasons and need to be remediated before they can be offered to another customer. I wish they were doing a better job keeping the EDD range reasonable, but don't drive yourself crazy wondering what it's thinking, because it's not thinking.
That's all well and good but that's no reason to torture me for the past 19 days. ;-)

OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30.

And then...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27: EDD Jan 27- Feb 5
Jan 28: EDD Jan 28-Feb 6
Jan 29: EDD Jan 29-Feb 7
Jan 30: EDD Jan 30-Feb 8
Jan 31: EDD Jan 31-Feb 9
Feb 01: EDD Feb 01-Feb 10
Feb 02: EDD Feb 02-Feb 11
Feb 03: EDD Feb 03-Feb 12
Feb 04: EDD Feb 04-Feb 13
Feb 05: EDD Feb 05-Feb 14
Feb 06: EDD Feb 06-Feb 15
Feb 07: EDD Feb 07-Feb 16
Feb 08: EDD Feb 08-Feb 17
Feb 09: EDD Feb 09-Feb 18, (Today, still no vin)

Because of your post, I just checked mine again and it did similar. I’m also in Oregon.
OD 1/13
MYP Red/Black
Earlier today EDD was 2/9-2/18. It had counted up from 2/4-2/18.
EDD now is 2/15-3/1
No VIN
Same here but Seattle
OD 1/14, original delivery window was 1/26-2/8, pushed back to 2/6-2/20, then changed day by day until just now updating to 2/13-2/27.

Has anyone in WA/OR with an OD before 1/16 received a delivery date?

MYP EDD just updated:
OD: 1/15
Upgraded to MYP 2/4
On Sunday it was updated from 2/9-3/9 to 2/5-2/18
Each day since then it has changed on the front end, this morning it was 2/9-2/18
I just checked my app and it now says 2/18-3/18

For a company like Tesla, I'm honestly in disbelief at how horrible their estimates are, as I've seen I'm not the only one experiencing frustration regarding this.

How bad is yours? This was mine earlier today/a few pages back. I since added a video about the clear coat.
Panel gap issue was probably around as bad as yours. Headlights + tail lights also had asymmetrical gap issues though.

Paint issue might be around the same—i saw a sizable black speck on my white MYLR and it wasnt surface level.

You know the area above your rear license plate? Check those areas from below. There were some pretty badly cracked(?) paint issues there on mine.

Also, mine had a lot of dirt all over, which made it hard to locate actual paint issues.

Do you know if these are all covered + easily fixable things?

Reactions: Cyclone