Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All that said, there is no doubt that Tesla's pre-delivery process is poor compared to many established automakers, it's definitely one of the downsides to doing business with this company. Fortunately, it's a very small part of the car ownership experience, it just feels really big when it's all you have.
Man, with all these topics, i have the urge, come delivery day, to just march into the SC, go up to whoever is dealing with me and without even glancing at the car go… “okay, I’ll take it,” finish the paperwork and drive off.

Hell, that was what I did for my HR-V. Turned out fine.

Granted dents, scratches and whatnot are a big no-no. But some of these defects that people reject make me scratch my head… “THAT is worth rejecting your car over?”

Well, whatever.

It appears that you've lost all trust in Tesla. If I felt that strongly about a company, I wouldn't do business with them. You have the option of cancelling your order and disputing the charge with credit card company. However, your credit card company may not agree with you, In addition, you may be 'burning a bridge' with Tesla (which, at this point, it appears you couldn't care less).

I understand your frustration but feel that it has perhaps gotten the best of you. I will also be very disappointed if I don't get the full tax credit. My wife and I discussed this possibility and came to our decision on what we will do if this occurs.
This has nothing to do with whether I lost trust in the company or not. Bottom line is that it is disrespectful to not honor the order in which customers have placed their orders.

This has nothing to do with whether I lost trust in the company or not. Bottom line is that it is disrespectful to not honor the order in which customers have placed their orders.
In what universe are you living in?

Do you know how a factory line runs? Then think about all the different times it has to switch parts of the line if each car needs something different. Then imagine how long that might take.

Now, imagine how much faster a line can move when they don’t have to switch.

Multiply that by the hundreds of thousands.

Doing in order or doing it batches.

If you think they take the same amount of time, you definitely aren’t living in this universe… your laws of physics are different.

Last edited:
OD 1/13. Bad News! My EDD has extended it's range back to 2 weeks. For days, I have had a 9 day window and it
was shifting day by day. This morning at 6:00 AM my EDD was Feb 9 - Feb 18. Now, just this evening my EDD
unexpectedly moved to Feb 10 - Feb 24. Ouch!!
OK, this is crazy! So, tonight at 10:00 PM, I finally got my VIN (Fremont). This is after my bad news post earlier this evening. I have not
received a text or email, but the VIN is showing on the Tesla App. Estimated Delivery Feb 12 - Feb 19. (OD 1/13, White/Black/20") :)

?????? again what has this got to do with the statement that is clear as daylight: "Bottom line is that it is disrespectful to not honor the order in which customers have placed their orders."
This has everything to do with YOUR lack of basic knowledge and demanding respect over something that actually doesn't have anything to do with it.

All I can do at this point is assume you're just being a troll.

OD 1/15 Base White + Black no upgrades. Bay Area location
EDD keeps moving, now it is 2/10-2/19
No VIN

Anyone for Fremont pickup with base White + Black 19 Gemini from OD=1/14 still waiting?

Alternately, anyone for Fremont pickup with base White + Black 19 Gemini from OD=1/15 who received their VIN?

I’m conflicted. What do you all think about this issues on my car? Would you accept delivery of this? Otherwise the panel gaps are even, the panels are flush with each other (mostly/close enough), seals looks good. So overall the car is in good shape, but it may take some work to correct these. I haven’t checked the inside yet though (today isn’t my delivery date).
View attachment 905196View attachment 905197View attachment 905198View attachment 905199View attachment 905200View attachment 905201

On that last one, it’s much easier to see in video vs. a still image.
So what is your decision? Taking it or rejecting it?
If you reject it, I think there's still time to get another one before half the tax credit disappears...

Reactions: Cyclone
OK, this is crazy! So, tonight at 10:00 PM, I finally got my VIN (Fremont). This is after my bad news post earlier this evening. I have not
received a text or email, but the VIN is showing on the Tesla App. Estimated Delivery Feb 12 - Feb 19. (OD 1/13, White/Black/20") :)
Mine was in lockstep with yours right down to the weird early-evening update today. Knowing that you got a VIN at 10pm, I'm probably going to lose sleep.

• Funny
Reactions: sdq_11
?????? again what has this got to do with the statement that is clear as daylight: "Bottom line is that it is disrespectful to not honor the order in which customers have placed their orders."
I understand your frustration here. However, I’m not quite sure what you were expecting when you were aware that prices dropped, and there would be a significant demand. I read that demand was two times what they were capable of producing after the price drops. They’re going to try to streamline the process as much as they can for them. Should they just go back and forth between all the exterior color options, interior color options, and wheels to accommodate order number? I don’t think that would be very productive, but that’s just me. If you don’t like it, you can wait years for other manufacturers to catch up on EVs instead of waiting weeks/months for a Tesla.

OD 1/15 Base White + Black no upgrades. Bay Area location
EDD keeps moving, now it is 2/10-2/19
No VIN

Anyone for Fremont pickup with base White + Black 19 Gemini from OD=1/14 still waiting?

Alternately, anyone for Fremont pickup with base White + Black 19 Gemini from OD=1/15 who received their VIN?
I'm in the same boat as you. Same order date, same exact car, same area, same EDD that changes up to 2/19, and no VIN too. I'm picking up in Colma, but it seems that this is a common thing for us bay area folks. Kinda sucks seeing people that ordered way after us getting their vin so quickly let alone getting their cars first, but I know that there are people that ordered ahead of us that have later EDDs and no VIN also. I'm just as anxious as I bought some Rimetrix and Tesmanian Floor mats that might come before I even get the car, but I'm really just hoping we get out cars before March.

You ordered 2 weeks after me and we have the exact same delivery date range.

I think it's because I switched to the Performance which has a shorter lead time. I ordered a std white MYLR a couple of days prior to this and received a ED of March - May before cancelling that and moving to the performance. Here's hoping that the delivery date for both of us will change to early march :)

Mine was in lockstep with yours right down to the weird early-evening update today. Knowing that you got a VIN at 10pm, I'm probably going to lose sleep.
Yeah don't keep us up hoping for VINs, though I know in my gut that 1/15 OD is still some days away from VIN
I'm in the same boat as you. Same order date, same exact car, same area, same EDD that changes up to 2/19, and no VIN too. I'm picking up in Colma, but it seems that this is a common thing for us bay area folks. Kinda sucks seeing people that ordered way after us getting their vin so quickly let alone getting their cars first, but I know that there are people that ordered ahead of us that have later EDDs and no VIN also. I'm just as anxious as I bought some Rimetrix and Tesmanian Floor mats that might come before I even get the car, but I'm really just hoping we get out cars before March.
LoL...

I also have some floor mats sitting unopened, bought from Amazon. Will have to return those if I can't get the car in next 10 days or so as I can't even confirm the fitment.
Maybe I should order some rim savers as well 🤔

There is no way they could ever fulfill orders in a perfectly linear fashion based on order time down to the seconds (Which seems to be your definition of respect and honour).
You have to see that don't you?
They need to run the lines in batches, they need to load trucks and trains to capacity to ship to different regions (with multiple configurations on board). They need to please their stock holders with EOQ numbers which means prioritizing local orders at EOQ and prioritizing distant orders early quarter.
Those three variables all combine to create a non-perfect fulfillment schedule when compared to the order date/time.

You just can't run a company the way you seem to think they should. If they actually fulfilled orders exactly as they came in you'd probably wait an extra year for your car in the end as it would be so inefficient I can't even imagine how that would work.

If you don't like how they operate then cancel your order and go down to Kia for an EV6....you know what Kia tells customers currently..."no idea, 2-3 years maybe...we don't know...give us some money and we will call you in a couple years"....and you can bet they are fulfilling cars to their friends and will leave you in the dust with zero communication. My friend had ID4 on order....what did they say....well at first "fall of 2023"...then a month ago via email update...."sometime in 2024".....like WTF....compared to Tesla these legacy automakers are a complete joke. Tesla will get you a top end EV faster and without hassle 100x over compared to these other companies. No their fulfilment isn't perfectly fair down to the day of order but it is reasonable and way better than anything else out there if you want a decent EV.