Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How? I have had MyQ for 5+ years and it doesn't cost me anything other than the original purchase. First it was a $30 bridge, then I eventually upgraded my Garage Door Opener and it has MyQ build in. Again, no monthly / yearly fees. Also Amazon can deliver packages in my garage if I so choose. They open / close when Im not home and I have cameras inside.
have you tied it to your tesla? (That is when the charge shows up)

Hey but we all should be used to waiting after this order scheduling fun, right? 🤣

I suspect they will only open a limited amount of chargers per station and even then in select areas. Just enough to meet the minimum requirements.
I saw a couple of recent articles that roughly 20% of people fail to get a charge at public chargers. Another said that in SF, the did a study and 25% of the charging was not working. All those fed up people are just going to go to the super chargers. In the limited number of times I tried to use a super charger, only 1 out of about the 20 chargers I've gone to wasn't working. I just pull over one spot to another and charged. I guess there could be more, but I've only ever hit 1 that didn't charge on the first attempt.

Reactions: erktrek
I feel like I will start having to wait in line unless they build first and then open up.
I normally have no need for Superchargers, the nearest one is a 1.5-hour round trip from me, and EVs don't get much love here in Northeast Texas, so this doesn't really affect me.

But, I can already envision a lot of snooty Tesla owners getting angry when they pull up to a Supercharger in their Model X Plaid and have to wait for a clapped-out 2011 Leaf with missing hubcaps and four different brands of tires - one of which being a spare they've been rolling on for the last 10,000 miles - is parked at "their" charger. ;)

Last edited:
I normally have no need for Superchargers, the nearest one is a 1.5-hour round trip from me, and EVs don't get much love here in Northeast Texas, so this doesn't really affect me.

But, I can already envision a lot of snooty Tesla owners getting angry when they pull up to a Supercharger in their Model X Plaid and have to wait for a clapped out 2011 Leaf with missing hubcaps and four different brands of tires - one of which being a spare they've been rolling on for the last 10,000 miles - that is parked at "their" charger. ;)
I'm already there and we haven't even taken delivery yet! Tesla is the new BMW!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: ATG1 and zroger73
OD:1/20/23
EDD:Jan-march
EDD2: March 15-30
Got lucky and felt like calling my SA to see if they had any updates on 2/13/23. She said expected end of March, but she’s willing to keep an eye out to see if she could match an inventory car to my build. One hour later she called me back saying she found one that had no name assigned to it that was on a train in its way to our area. So I got my vin right then and there and it’s a Fremont build. Applied for Armco CU and went through membership process. All approved within two days. Should be taking delivery by next week!!!

Got lucky and felt like calling my SA to see if they had any updates on 2/13/23. She said expected end of March, but she’s willing to keep an eye out to see if she could match an inventory car to my build. One hour later she called me back saying she found one that had no name assigned to it that was on a train in its way to our area. So I got my vin right then and there and it’s a Fremont build. Applied for Armco CU and went through membership process. All approved within two days. Should be taking delivery by next week!!!
Standard range or LR ?

MYLR W/W 19" 5-Seater
OD 2/3/2023
1st EDD(1/20/2023) Mar.15 - May. 31
2nd EDD (1/30/2023) Apr. 15 - May. 31

I started searching inventory from. Found similar configuration with Black interior in OH.
Change MYLR : 02/10
Received VIN immediately : 02/10

I completed delivery appointment. I will pick up 02/25. I booked flight to go to OH. It is 6hrs away from my place by car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: geekfam
Someone actually answered the phone? When I've called the one here in Charlotte, it just rings and rings. Texting takes them about 4-5 hours to respond. When i drove by they were so insanely busy, its no wonder they are taking a while to reply. I honestly felt bad for many of them, as you can tell they had been going 1000% since they got there. Greeted me with a smile, and offered me a water. I offered them a beer in return lol

If you have a wifi enabled garage door opener from LiftMaster/ Chamberlain etc, you can connect your Tesla to your MyQ account and open / close that way. If your garage door opener isn't MyQ compatible, you can buy a unit for about $30 on Amazon.

Smart Garage Connectivity - Teslahttps://www.tesla.com › ownersmanual › model3 › en_us
Another option is the Wyze Garage door opener for $45. It comes with a camera, doesn't require a hub or subscription, and you can link it with Amazon Alexa for geofence operation.

Reactions: Yomanjm

But, I can already envision a lot of snooty Tesla owners getting angry when they pull up to a Supercharger in their Model X Plaid and have to wait for a clapped out 2011 Leaf with missing hubcaps and four different brands of tires - one of which being a spare they've been rolling on for the last 10,000 miles - is parked at "their" charger. ;)
The other fun thing we don't have to deal with is apparently many of the charging stations have a mix of 150 and 250 chargers and people who can't get a 250 rate charge often use them because they are "faster" even if they can't go above 150, so people who can charge above 150 are often stuck using the slower chargers. I can't imagine if I had an Ioniq 5 that could charge at 350 from 20% to 80% in 18 minutes having to charge for 30 minutes because some yahoo plugged their 150 capable car into the 350 charger.

Reactions: zroger73

But, I can already envision a lot of snooty Tesla owners getting angry when they pull up to a Supercharger in their Model X Plaid and have to wait for a clapped-out 2011 Leaf with missing hubcaps and four different brands of tires - one of which being a spare they've been rolling on for the last 10,000 miles - is parked at "their" charger. ;)
NGL…This is the reason we chose Tesla, it has its own charging network. So yea we might all be a little salty having to share something that we thought was only for Tesla vehicles.

Mine is also coming from Fremont, they will come with matrix (or "global") headlights, and I'm pretty sure as long as you have a 5-seater it will come with the cargo cover.

The occasional person experiences issues whether their MY comes from Fremont or Austin - from what I have heard, most things are cosmetically very minor or people have good experiences. Deep breaths :)
lets hope for the best

Reactions: erktrek

The one thing that might prevent that is Tesla will charge a very high price compared to other CCS/Chademo. I'm not even sure a Leaf using Chademo would ever be supported on Tesla SC??

I know from watching Bjorn's videos out of Norway that the Tesla SCs don't see a lot of action from non-Teslas as they charge more. But in Norway CCS is abundant and much more reliable. In the US people may be willing to pay the extra just for reliability and being able to get on with their roadtrip in a timely fashion. If I was only doing a few roadtrips per year I'd certainly pay the Tesla premium to make it smooth sailing.

Hopefully all the people with free EA charging will stick to hogging the EA chargers, leaving their cars to charge to 100% and then leaving them idle for hours on end while EA refuses to actually charge any idle fees because their processing system is so messed up that if they did they'd end up mistakingly charging a lot of people. CCS cars using EA sometimes report that the EA app thinks they are still plugged in 24hrs after they unplugged....like WTF??

Similar boat. Upstate NY (picking up in Westchester). I ordered one day after you 1/26, currently showing EDD of March 14th-31st. My pre-sales chat agent said "our delivery estimates are very accurate" Hoping they were wrong and I get delivery sooner :p
I ordered on 1/27, initial EDD was mar 17-31, now it changed to april 7-may 19 🥺
Basic config, delivery location Indianapolis.
Anyone got their EDD updated recently?

Standard range or LR ?
LR
Someone actually answered the phone? When I've called the one here in Charlotte, it just rings and rings. Texting takes them about 4-5 hours to respond. When i drove by they were so insanely busy, its no wonder they are taking a while to reply. I honestly felt bad for many of them, as you can tell they had been going 1000% since they got there. Greeted me with a smile, and offered me a water. I offered them a beer in return lol
They did. It usually took like 20 minutes to get someone on the line.

The saga continues. Some of you might be envious, but fortune favors the bold. Here's a recap:

2/6: OD for a MYP Blue/White. Received an EDD of 3/12 - 3/31 a few days later.
2/9: ordered a MYSR Blue/Black out of inventory, cancelled original order. Received EDD of 2/26 - 3/23 yesterday
Today: Switched my order to a MYLR Blue/White (which is what I would have ordered initially if delivery hadn't been three months or more) out of inventory. SA said it's expected in on the 27th, delivery within a few days after that.

i got the same answer from SA when asked about accuracy of these range dates. she said it comes straight from the factory so I should be going off the dates on the app. But i read and now have experienced that the actual delivery is going to be earlier to be expected. hopefully your dates will get pushed up.