Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL
Yep, I've got my old school remote clipped to the sun visor and amazingly it works 100% of the time without issue!!
MyQ costs $179 for 5 years. It also covers multiple Tesla's in your household. There is a free 30 day trial.

On a $60K out-the-door car, that is not too expensive. I have Homelink on my model S, but I may try MyQ on the Y.

There may be a way to use OK Google or Siri to control the MyQ device. But it is nice to just push a button on the screen.

MyQ costs $179 for 5 years. It also covers multiple Tesla's in your household. There is a free 30 day trial.

On a $60K out-the-door car, that is not too expensive. I have Homelink on my model S, but I may try MyQ on the Y.

There may be a way to use OK Google or Siri to control the MyQ device. But it is nice to just push a button on the screen.

not bad..only close to $40 a year.

will probably get that since my house already came with the MyQ garage opener.

Wondering how many Jan 12-15th order holders do not have a car delivered or at least their VIN assigned yet?

Reading through some posts looks like Tesla will be running the MYAWD batch runs in Austin for a few days then back to custom orders. ?

Awaiting a VIN
No changes to 1/18 order MYLR W/W no options
todays update EDD March 11-31 moved 2 days later

Tesla stock holder

Last edited:
MYLR W/W 19" 5-Seater
OD 2/3/2023
1st EDD(1/20/2023) Mar.15 - May. 31
2nd EDD (1/30/2023) Apr. 15 - May. 31

I started searching inventory from. Found similar configuration with Black interior in OH.
Change MYLR : 02/10
Received VIN immediately : 02/10

I completed delivery appointment. I will pick up 02/25. I booked flight to go to OH. It is 6hrs away from my place by car.
Did you buy the car from inventory in OH? Or did you edit your order in the Tesla app and change MYLR to what you saw in inventory in OH? I ask because I am in IL and saw my exact configuration but with 20" wheels and was thinking about changing to 20" in hopes that I could get the MYLR assigned to OH location.

Did you buy the car from inventory in OH? Or did you edit your order in the Tesla app and change MYLR to what you saw in inventory in OH? I ask because I am in IL and saw my exact configuration but with 20" wheels and was thinking about changing to 20" in hopes that I could get the MYLR assigned to OH location.
My advice to you is that if you want to jump the queue, act fast! These inventory cars get snapped up in a heartbeat. I called the Cleveland SC first thing this morning to switch over to a MYLR Blue/White before it disappeared. SA said it's expected in on 2/27 with delivery available a few days later. Good Luck!
Tesla Model Y.jpg

Biden strikes deal with Tesla to make portion of supercharger network available to all vehicles.

Interesting. Announced the day after mass EDD changes. “You help me, I help you” lol one can only hope..

It's amazing that Tesla, a relative upstart in auto manufacturing, yields so much political influence on this administration. I wouldn't be surprised if the IRS issues a favorable ruling regarding EV battery requirements partly due to concessions given by Tesla/Elon.

Hi everyone! Been watching the thread for awhile and figured it was time to post!

MYLR
OD: 1/13, around noon CST
MSM/black/19”/7-seater/tow
EDD: 2/19-3/19 (hasn’t changed in the last few days, which is probably a good thing looking at everyone else’s posts!)
No Vin yet.

I‘m in South Dakota, and will be picking up in Minneapolis likely

Did u get yrs?
No, neither did the other shills. LOL.

Last year during the height of the pandemic, I ordered golf clubs. Some took months to be delivered due to demand and supply issues. Yes, I was at times anxious, but tried to focus on other positive things/people in my life.

Do you have anything positive or constructive to contribute to this forum?

Reactions: sdq_11
Yo!
Just was browsing the optional accessoriies for the Model Y. For the garage door opener it says arournd $350+ for this. I am a newbie, but is there not a program button for garage door openers that most cars come installed to sync with the door openers?
off topic but if anyone is interested in diy install of homelink, module itself can be purchased from tesla for $200. i bought a new one off ebay for $140 shipped but there are quite a few scalpers out there. install is pretty straightforward and module can be enabled thru service menu.

off topic but if anyone is interested in diy install of homelink, module itself can be purchased from tesla for $200. i bought a new one off ebay for $140 shipped but there are quite a few scalpers out there. install is pretty straightforward and module can be enabled thru service menu.

It shows $350 on their site. How do you get it for $200?