Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a notice in the app that something was affecting my delivery - turns out Tesla asked me to confirm that I am okay with Tesla Vision today, the day before delivery. Seems like odd timing, but at least it wasn't moving my delivery out.
Go figure.. same here. lol
Maybe they should have released Tesla Vision before removing USS.
Picking up my at 11:30 tomorrow in Cincy.

4k. In my opinion MYP does not offer the value for money for that extra 4k. Other than slightly better acceleration, parts like spoiler, brake caliper covers and aluminum pedals can be installed DIY for no more than 1k. Also MYLR has better suspension and ground clearance
If you need smoother experience then 19" wheels MYLR is best. But if you need a feel of a sports car then MYP worth the extra 4k. I drove MYLR and MYP and I really like the pickup of MYP at turns and intersection.

Following are the major differences.

1. 21" wheels compared to 19" ( remember 2k extra for just 20" wheels on MYLR)
2. Upgraded rear motor
3. Spoiler and aluminum pedals ( it's just cosmetic but still I like it)
4. Also I see better tires comes with MYP (Michelin) but yes they are staggered and need to be changed like every 4 years based on usage.

Btw I saw a video where they mention that they do updates to the order date only twice a day: 9AM ET and 9PM ET, unless a VIN is being assigned or you're close to delivery. Don't know if it's true though. However, after seeing that, I have started checking only twice a day :)
I refresh "multiple times per day" :) and found my EDDs to have been updated around:

10:03 PM EST on Wed Jan 25
9:48 AM EST on Tue Feb 14
11:22 PM EST on Thu Feb 23

They don’t know when our cars are getting built but they know till when the incentive date is getting pushed back 😂
I saw that and sent a message to my SA..haven't heard back but not expecting anything substantial. I think even if Tesla knows that it is likely going to be EoM March, they are unlikely to communicate it explicitly to customers until its officially announced by the IRS.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
So you ordered from the inventory right? Were they able to honor your original contracted price?
Hi, no this was not inventory order. I am unable to reach anyone regarding that order. This was my original order. I am still trying for inventory model. I will give the update later in the day

Lol, the car is now taken. What are the working hours for the toll free number. I am trying since morning but no response 🙄

Reactions: FanboyNC
Seeing thousands of Model Ys waiting for shipment makes each one feel just a little less special. Here's drone footage at Gigafactory Austin from yesterday (Feb 23).

1677249327344.png

woww.. really? This guy in the video was certain about it.. let me see if I can find the link.
Really. All I do all day long is refresh the app on my phone like a crazy person then post immediately after every update so that's how I have time stamps. :)

Seeing thousands of Model Ys waiting for shipment makes each one feel just a little less special. Here's drone footage at Gigafactory Austin from yesterday (Feb 23).

View attachment 910735

Really. All I do all day long is refresh the app on my phone like a crazy person then post immediately after every update so that's how I have time stamps. :)
Okay... thanks for the info... I'm gonna increase my frequency back to how it was before I saw that video.. here's to madness again :cool: 🥂

As of April 19, 2022, there were 122,967 Teslas registered in the entire state of Texas.

There were 121,080 Teslas registered in California in 2021 alone.

Texas is not very Tesla or EV-friendly state. Even before I decided to order a Tesla, I spent wasted a lot of time correcting misinformation and misconceptions about EVs locally. All too often, EVs get "coal-rolled" or vandalized here.
California is the "canary in the coal mine" for the future of diminishing ICE car sales and the halo affect from this change. Researchers are already documenting improved air quality in areas with higher EV saturation. It will not be long before dealerships are affected. Once EV trucks production catches up to M3 production with pull through charging, ICE car values will crash here.

sales.png