Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing is pending per the app and the SA.
You forgot a step

depositphotos_214334922-stock-photo-bribery-corruption-concepts-businessman-refusing.jpg

I notice that Bay Area orders take longer to get VIN's. The good news is that once a VIN id assigned, delivery is almost immediate.

I have the same config as yours, and ordered on 1/17. My EDD is 2/28 to 3/14. I have no issue with waiting. 😄

I expect a lot of deliveries in the Bay Area in March.

If you want a real challenge, create a visualization of my ever moving EDD:

OD: 1/13
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30.

And then...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27: EDD Jan 27- Feb 5
Jan 28: EDD Jan 28-Feb 6
Jan 29: EDD Jan 29-Feb 7
Jan 30: EDD Jan 30-Feb 8
Jan 31: EDD Jan 31-Feb 9
Feb 01: EDD Feb 01-Feb 10
Feb 02: EDD Feb 02-Feb 11
Feb 03: EDD Feb 03-Feb 12
Feb 04: EDD Feb 04-Feb 13
Feb 05: EDD Feb 05-Feb 14
Feb 06: EDD Feb 06-Feb 15
Feb 07: EDD Feb 07-Feb 16
Feb 08: EDD Feb 08-Feb 17
Feb 09: EDD Feb 09-Feb 18
Feb 10: EDD Feb 10-Feb 19
Feb 11: EDD Feb 11-Feb 20
Feb 12: EDD March-May
Feb 13: EDD March-May
Feb 14: EDD March-May
Feb 15: EDD March-May
Feb 16: EDD March-May
Feb 17: EDD March-May
Feb 18: EDD Feb 20-Mar 5
Feb 19: EDD Feb 20-Mar 5
Feb 20: EDD Feb 20-Mar 5
Feb 21: EDD Feb 21-Mar 5
Feb 22: EDD Feb 22-Mar 5
Feb 23: EDD Feb 23-Mar 5
Feb 24: EDD Feb 23-Mar 5 (today, still no VIN)
Looks pretty close to mine but I did change to MYP on 2/8

OD 2/14 from Gilroy, ca. My latest EDD is 2/24-3/9

Reactions: ATG1 and chobra
I am upset my 2023 MYLR does not have park assist distance readouts like my 2022 M3LR. I knew this was going to be the case, but hope that they address it with OTA updates at some future point. I don't technically 'need' it, but it is a nice feature to have.
Sorry I should rephrase. I realize a lot of people are upset that the cars don't have ultrasonic sensors anymore, but that was true before they started giving new buyers this warning before delivery. I'm wondering if there are a lot of people who are expecting the USS functionality, and accusing Tesla of misleading them or false advertising to them, or threatening to reject their vehicles on delivery day.
I thought the Tesla Vision rollout for the parking warnings was not released yet. I know there are videos on youtube showing the Tesla vision warning system in action but I don't think that it is an universal roll out yet and they are still tweaking the settings. I would be happy to be wrong if someone can correct me.
Yes, as far as I know there is currently no parking distance functionality on any non-USS-equipped models.

MYLR 19inch Silver OD is 1/19
Initial ED was Jan-March
ED updated to Mar 4 - Mar 31 (1/25)
After that there is no update....

Any one with the same scenario
I ordered 1/20 and first was delivery Jan-March and once I did the registration and loan step, it changed to March 6-March 31. It has stayed the same since 1/24.
I think our turn for vin is coming because people who have ordered few days prior to ours are getting their vins.

Does Tesla add sales tax to the invoice or can I simply goto my tag agency and pay that part?
It probably depends on your state. In AZ, they have calculated the sales tax and registration in my final cost. I have not received my MYLR yet, but if I go in under payment it all shows there. THat updated within a week or so of my iniital order. You should be able to see it in yours as well. I am doing 3rd party financing and when I go into the app and hit view on that, it looks like this:
IMG_1837.jpg

Even though I understand many of the logistical challenges in manufacturing, distributing, and delivering vehicles and am surprised it works as well as it does, I must admit there are some eyebrow-raisers.

My brother-in-law ordered a red MYLR with 20" wheels on Jan 15 that is assigned for delivery in Tyler, TX (EDD Feb 23 to March 5 as of Feb 24). Every day, his EDD moves one day into the future to the point that he is now able to accurately predict what it will be tomorrow - not unlike @ATG1's experience.

Yesterday evening, this exact configuration appeared in inventory in Dallas. Of course, it is gone this morning, but this raises two questions:

1. Why wasn't this vehicle assigned to him? It already had to travel thousands of miles, so why not 100 more from Dallas to Tyler? Maybe there was no hauler available from Dallas to Tyler or not enough vehicles to fill it.
  2. If one example appeared in inventory and Tesla builds in batches, then that suggests a batch of red MYLR with 20" wheels were made, so why doesn't he have a VIN yet? Maybe all of those in that batch were already assigned to buyers who ordered earlier, but that brings me back to 1.

I see plain MYLR's (no options) like the one I ordered on Jan 20 being delivered every day by people who ordered after me, but I still have no VIN, either - just a current EDD of Feb 25 to Mar 11. The one thing in common with both of our orders is that we ordered before the price increased by $2,000.

Weird. :)

The end of the story:
1/15 1305: Order entered MYLR/Blk/Blk/5/19"
1/18: Order number received, EDD 2/15-3/22
--------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/11/2023 0700
Got the text announcing my VIN. Fremont assembly.
Standard motor. PF683XXX.
EDD changed to 2/25-3/4/23
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/13/2023
Build date was 2/10/2023
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/14/2023
Received email to schedule delivery
Delivery scheduled, Paramus, Friday 2/24 3P
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivery report 2/24/2023, 2:45 PM, Paramus, NJ
Paramus SC was not crowded. Staff was helpful and took care of a slight blemish
of leftover cleaning material of the right rear door. Other than that, gaps were very
nice, no imperfections immediately apparent. Matrix headlights, 1772 adapter, front
plate frame, towing bolt and cargo cover were present.
Took maybe 20 minutes from walk-in to drive off on to 17.
Our staff member told me they were doing 40 deliveries yesterday.

The end of the story:
1/15 1305: Order entered MYLR/Blk/Blk/5/19"
1/18: Order number received, EDD 2/15-3/22
--------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/11/2023 0700
Got the text announcing my VIN. Fremont assembly.
Standard motor. PF683XXX.
EDD changed to 2/25-3/4/23
Update 2/13/2023
Build date was 2/10/2023
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/14/2023
Received email to schedule delivery
Delivery scheduled, Paramus, Friday 2/24 3P
Delivery report 2/24/2023, 2:45 PM, Paramus, NJ
Paramus SC was not crowded. Staff was helpful and took care of a slight blemish
of leftover cleaning material of the right rear door. Other than that, gaps were very
nice, no imperfections immediately apparent. Matrix headlights, 1772 adapter, front
plate frame, towing bolt and cargo cover were present.
Took maybe 20 minutes from walk-in to drive off on to 17.
Our staff member told me they were doing 40 deliveries yesterday.
Good report. Thanks. Gives us all a little hope! Enjoy your new ride.

It probably depends on your state. In AZ, they have calculated the sales tax and registration in my final cost. I have not received my MYLR yet, but if I go in under payment it all shows there. THat updated within a week or so of my iniital order. You should be able to see it in yours as well. I am doing 3rd party financing and when I go into the app and hit view on that, it looks like this:
In New Mexico, where Tesla has to work around the state laws about selling directly, it only shows me the sales tax under additional charges.