Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/20
EDD :3/7-03/13 No win
I see many orders placed after me getting their cars !
Disappointing, Frustrating, unfair.
This is being very stressful experience .
I can’t wait this to be over !!!
Tesla doesn’t care for their customers!
This has been a learning lesson for me.
Never again
A lot of people who ordered before you haven’t received their cars either. 🤷🏻‍♀️

OD 1/20
Never again
I order on 1/17 and received VIN on 2/24. Haven’t got info about delivery date 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mainuh and erktrek
Does anybody know if their iphone 13 pro max charges on the wireless charging pad in the tesla? I went to a local showroom to test drive and noticed that my phone wouldn't charge.
It will depend on what case you have on it. Bare phone will charge fine. Some cases won't charge at all. Other cases do charge but so inefficiently that you gain almost no charge and just heat up the phone.
My experience is with 14 Pro Max so 13 may be slightly better as I think the 14's camera bump is even bigger and therefore keeps the phone further off of the charging coils.

I've found the right charger is more reliable. I have a fairly thin clear case that will start to charge on the right pad 90% of the time and on the left one only 50% of the time. Turning the phone upside down allows it to connect more reliably on both sides. However, as I said above, most times the charging barely adds any charge and just heats up the phone.

Overall the Pro Max phones are not ideal for Tesla's pad. It probably has to do with the position of the coil and the camera bump.

Reactions: WyoDude
It may be worth a call to Ohio BMV. Some info on their site here: Ohio BMV
Looks like EV's may be different. You can also check with your service advisor (often a "510" area code number that has texted you about your order. I may be reading it wrong but it looks like they may assess an additional fee for EV's there rather than giving them a break on registration. You should get a clear picture of this and ask about transferring your current registration before your delivery date so there's no surprises.
Make sense m, thank you 🙏🏻

MYLR, white/white, 19” wheels
Order date 1/20/23
EDD 3/23-3/31

My EDD beginning date was 3/24 for nearly 3 weeks and changed to 3/23 a few days ago. Was a bit surprised when suddenly changed by just one day. Seems like a lot of buyers have an EDD over a month period of time. Not sure why mine has only been one week.

I have been tracking Tesla's inventory, but nothing has interested me enough to swap into a different vehicle to obtain a quicker delivery date.

MYLR/MSM/W/19
OD-1/16/23
EDD- Jan-March
1/18-EDD 2/09-2/21
2/09-EDD 2/21-3/21
02/21-EDD 02/05-03/11
02/25 - VIN Assigned 7SA* Delivery appointment on 02/28 in Rocklin, CA

Questions: Do I need to make payment now or at the time of delivery?
Also, does Fremont built MYLR have Matrix LED headlights? Any checklist link for delivery? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: James2023y
OD 1/20
Never again
Man, I ordered a full week before you and my EDD is 3/7 - 3/21. You’re better off than a looooot of people and it’ll be worth it.

Reactions: erktrek
You are doing better than I am.. also I suspect this is where the concept of "dealers" can be useful at least in terms of keeping us distracted. In our case, we went into this purchase not needing a car right away so the delays for us are manageable.

Note: This has been a common complaint from the start of this thread apparently so you are definitely not alone. People who take delivery for the most part are very happy with their vehicles so there does appear to be light at the end of the tunnel.
I ordered 1/16 W/B no options in SoCal still no delivery. Same OD SoCal same configuration and they had already scheduled delivery.

Reactions: erktrek
MYLR/MSM/W/19
OD-1/16/23
EDD- Jan-March
1/18-EDD 2/09-2/21
2/09-EDD 2/21-3/21
02/21-EDD 02/05-03/11
02/25 - VIN Assigned 7SA* Delivery appointment on 02/28 in Rocklin, CA

Questions: Do I need to make payment now or at the time of delivery?
Also, does Fremont built MYLR have Matrix LED headlights? Any checklist link for delivery? Thanks in advance!
In NJ it's payment on pickup but in Texas you have to pay in advance - Not sure about CA but assume you'll just do it at pickup. You'll want to do a visual inspection anyway before accepting.

OD 2/14 inventory W/B MYLR, 20” wheels, picked up 2/25 SoCal region. 2/13 build date, PA072xxx. Non-Matrix headlights, cargo cover, J1772 adapter included. No mud flaps or PPF, did not bother asking for those.

Pickup went smooth, found a black spot on the paint, interior driver side trim had handprints, both wiped off easily with cleaner+rag at the delivery center. If I have to be nit-picky, trunk slightly has larger panel gap on the left side around tail lights, but had no issues opening or closing, so I am going to let that slide.

20” wheels had Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, I was a little concerned about ride quality, but drove about 60 miles today, it does ride nicely - it was not stiff as others have stated.

I did transfer my VIN from 2/14 order to 2/3 order, so I got better pricing than current, but that was offset by additional 2k for 20” wheels. I was lucky to have had the short wait and the decision to place a second order for an inventory car paid off.

At the delivery center, I saw others picking up model Y, removing Gemini wheel covers, adding all weather floor mats etc. They were prepared - shame on me 😂. I am off to shop for accessories.

Good luck everyone! The car is definitely worth the wait!

Picked up my MYLR Freemont MSM/Black/5/19" today in Cincinnati. (OD 1/15)
Came in an hour earlier and found my car ready to go. Inspected outside and found nothing wrong. To open I had to accept delivery (which makes no sense), so they had to change my appointment time for the option to become available. Found nothing wrong inside either. Signed paperwork and left.

Overall, I am very happy with the car. The only minor issue I had was some low rattling noise when going over 50mph. It's very minor and doesn't bother me. Will still open a service request. Also found one of the plastic nuts in the wheel hub not fully tightened.
Matrix headlights and trunk cover very included. Not sure what is the fascination with the trunk cover though, it's flimsy and is stationary unlike our Prius or Mercedes ones. Kind of drives me crazy since it's more work to lift it.

Installed all-weather mats inside and in both trunks. Originals felt very cheaply made, almost like a dollar store material quality.

At the delivery center, I saw others picking up model Y, removing Gemini wheel covers, adding all weather floor mats etc. They were prepared - shame on me 😂. I am off to shop for accessories.
Same here haha. I had a bunch of accessories waiting at home and thought it would be best to install everything after I come home but at the delivery center, I saw people with pretty much everything ready to install themselves (screen protector, floor mats, mud flaps, etc).

Reactions: Maxpham and geekfam
Same here haha. I had a bunch of accessories waiting at home and thought it would be best to install everything after I come home but at the delivery center, I saw people with pretty much everything ready to install themselves (screen protector, floor mats, mud flaps, etc).
I fully expect to see someone ceramic coating their Tesla (and filming it for YT) at the service center when I go and pick mine up (whenever that happens).