Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, white/black/19"
OD: 1/20
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023 (original)
EDD: March 3 - March 31 (updated 1/25)
EDD: February 23 - March 23 (updated 2/14)
EDD: February 25 - March 11 (updated 2/23)
EDD: February 26 - March 11 (updated 2/26)
EDD: February 27 - March 11 (updated 2/27)

At least the later date isn't changing...yet. ;)

My brother-in-law's dates keep increasing by one day every day on both ends.
Did you get your VIN? If so when?

MYLR, white/black/19"

I have the same configuration and order date but with tow package. My EDD hasn't change from 3/3-3/31 once. I need to just stop looking at the app!

Doesn’t bother me as we WFH and never drive more than 100 miles on any given day.
For me, it just came down to if I want to make an extra stop or two for longer trips. The standard range will meet 90% of my driving needs and also the other 10% if I am ok with adding 20 to 40 minutes to my trip. I opted to go with the longer range even though I probably don't "need" it.

MYLR, white/black/19"

MYLR, Blue/White/19"
EDD: Feb 24 - Mar 31
EDD2: Mar 24 - Mar 31
Same OD as yours, but you have a better EDD.

Reactions: zroger73
So you did not have 2 bookings at the same time before reaching out to SA, right?

I mean, did you pay $250 twice?
Good question - no double booking - just the initial one I paid $250 is all as the original order number was matched with the new vehicle. I see what you are saying. If you personally book a different car, then you would be paying additional $250, which would be difficult to get back. But if the SA changes your original booking to match a different design, I don't think you should be paying an additional $250. But as you know - the folks at the Tesla offices in different states are different and may or may not have the same understanding. For example, I heard that someone was asked to pay the updated base price even when the SA changed the booking to a different design at a later date (after $500 and then another $1,500 base price increase). But it makes logical sense if the SA makes the change and keeps the same booking number NOT to pay additional $250, which you can push back. But for the base price increase - I don't know - but it should be same as everything goes through the same Tesla ordering system, and I would assume that the SA do not know. Just ask the change the design with the same existing number and see if the base price changes in the system. You can always change the design back. Good luck!

Reactions: Ayushbh
OD 1/15
MSM/B/20/EAP/7 seater
2/24 got message saying Vin will be assigned in a week or 2 EDD changed to Mar 2 - Mar 30
Just now 2/27- 11:17 EST got message that VIN is assigned PF69XXXX New EDD March 10- Mar 19
Usually when we get a message to schedule delivery do they provide any dates to select or they provide one? I provided my current active insurance on which I do not have Tesla added yet but I uploaded the active policy is that OK?
Any information or education is highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: msinfo
I'm highly doubtful that's possible but I hope someone else more experienced with Tesla can confirm. I know Tesla can install official Tesla accessories for you but you have to buy it yourself and bring it during service. I don't think they would just hand you free 19 inch tires even if they had them on hand.

I think you would have to purchase 19 inch tires, take delivery of the Tesla that come with 20 inch tires, and then ask Tesla if they or any other Tesla approved shop in the area can switch out the tires with the ones you have (this could cost you money though in addition to the $2k you paid for 20 inch wheels). Also, is there any additional physical configurations they would have to make to ensure the smaller wheels work correctly?

Again hopefully someone else has an answer.
I am in the same 'boat', initial order was W/W/19 (5 seater) to remain under $55K (limit for tax credit at the time we ordered - 1/30). But saw a R/W/20 coming to Cleveland and was able to acquire it. I am not too thrilled about the 20" and would have rather get 19". But seeing 19" are in high demand (yeah, they do exist) just went with the 20". I also thought about swapping the wheels with someone and get some cash - the other option is that I keep two sets - one 20" and one 19" - one with winter tires as we get pretty good snow in Indy. But for now, I will go with the 20" that are coming with the car. Too much stress already for a month since the order...Just can't wait to get the car with no major issues this week...keeping my fingers crossed.