Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tower finally called me to let me know they are opening my account.... a month later.
Of course, I picked up the car on 25th with Tesla financing (US Bank)
My Tower loan Status is set to "Cfio" and no message of any kind.
Does anyone have any idea what Cfio means? lol - Canceled for information overload .... ? who knows...

There are a couple of MYLR's in Colorado that are available for sale to neighboring states. I'm tempted to switch my MSM MYP order to one of those and get full tax credit but will wait it out this week and see if more or any options still remain next week. The MYP was ordered before the price increase so those 20" MYLRs cost more atm than what I locked in for the MYP..

The lithium itself already make up more than half due to price surge last couple years(It is based on value not weight) of the cost, hence it definitely above 40% of battery minerals requirement (As they are mined in Australia/Chile, FTZ of US).
Ok, got it. Its value not manufacturing volume. How the heck are they going to price a commodity and when is it valued? Add in 3rd party and "arms length pricing" then nothing will qualify for full tax credit for years(s).

Bad news is the policy is in March which does end grace period, then there will be a dark period for comments. The period between March and June will be unknown tax treatment unless they clarify/extend.

Ok, got it. Its value not manufacturing volume. How the heck are they going to price a commodity and when is it valued? Add in 3rd party and "arms length pricing" then nothing will qualify for full tax credit for years(s).

Bad news is the policy is in March which does end grace period, then there will be a dark period for comments. The period between March and June will be unknown tax treatment unless they clarify/extend.
IRS rule actually provides flexibility to car dealer, they can choose one time for arm length price during the year which benefit them most. Lithium price was high all over the year (Around 10x than regular time) so Tesla should be safe for it.
Btw, since such rule is complexity, the chance the battery requirement get delayed is high, or it gives some grace period for car dealers to certify them.

As my current vehicle was going in the shop for nearly 2weeks and I naively hoped that the earlier end of my EDD would mean I could go straight from rental to my own Y, I took the opportunity to rent 2 different MYs from hertz for a week each. just turned in the second one (20s) today.
The difference is definitely noticeable. cars were the same year LRs. 19s ride much smoother, had several comments from passengers who rode with me in both and quickly questioned why the same ride was "rougher" than last week. Granted, Mi roads suck but we were travelling the same or similar quality surfaces in both so it was a "fair" test.
People talk about the 20s looking better and that being worth it, but I don't see it and the passengers didn't even notice a difference in vehicles until we were underway, hitting bumps. I'm not saying the 19s make you float on a cloud, tesla suspension is definitely cheap as hell but the difference on Mi roads was immediately noticeable by myself and 3 different passengers
I'm buying the Y primarily as a work car as I can pile on a thousand miles in a week some weeks (actually did these past 2weeks for a total of 2088miles combined), and gas isn't getting any cheaper in the long run. The comfort gained for long days on the road is more than worth the entirely subjective aesthetic drop IMO.

edit: if I can slap 18s on mine when I get it, I will lol
Thanks for that input! You mentioned both were the same year. Were they 2023? I'm sure we're splitting hairs now but the 2023 models have the upgraded "comfort suspension".

Hello,

I just got them delivered last night, yet to open them - can post pics later.

(Paid $81.98. But it is showing currently unavailable! I just ordered it few days back. Most others are delayed and not available until mid to late Mar. I guess we have to start a thread for EDD on floor mats now!)

Good luck.

• Funny
Reactions: BailMY
MYLR, white/black/19"
OD: 1/20
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023 (original)
EDD: March 3 - March 31 (updated 1/25)
EDD: February 23 - March 23 (updated 2/14)
EDD: February 25 - March 11 (updated 2/23)
EDD: February 26 - March 11 (updated 2/26)
EDD: February 27 - March 11 (updated 2/27) (also got the "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks text")
EDD: March 8 - March 22 (updated 2/28) 🤣

Reactions: erktrek