Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like lot of us are anxiously waiting to see what might be revealed tomorrow from investor day, and three major items that most of us tend to have more interests seem to be below. With that said, do all these matter at the end of the day when we already have the orders in place and have an option to cancel even if it means losing the deposit? For those of you who have received the car already, I hope y'all enjoy as much as I will when I receive it. ✌️

- HW4 upgrade??
- Potential new tesla design or model??
- Tax credit?? (highly doubt that this will be discussed tomorrow)

Reactions: notanid4
View attachment 912346
seeing in my account today..but mostly showing Standard Ranges.
Yeah, I’ve seen that on and off since ordering and have never gotten a 7-seater returned like I ordered. I think this is for people who just want, for example, ‘a white Tesla’ and don’t care about any other trim or option. That seems to be the level of “matching” and “similar” this provides.

This! So much for the theory of Gemini wheels shortage, lol.
All data points to there being about a 2 week shortage where they weren't pushing out 19s.
All the MYAWD scheduled for those two weeks had 20". All the MYLR popping up in inventory from those two weeks have 20s.
Very likely they now have the 19s back in normal stock and can continue to build more based on OD and not just parts.
The latest dump of early March MYAWD builds shows that they have 19s and 20s now ready to go when they produce these starting next week.
The shortage of wheels happened for a couple weeks back in 2022 also.

That is not true as I just seen cars at Long Beach with a 2/14 build date on 2/27 and all of them from Austin, 13 days build to delivery, if these cars are built in the first week of March then they can all be delivered, in fact build dates a week or more later can as well.
Yeah, that's what I said. They can already deliver every car they can make.

Does anyone know what tires are coming on 20" wheel vehicles delivered to NJ? I'm trying to find out, but can't get a hold of anyone (already have VIN). I've heard from some previous comments in the thread that it's summer tires? I know we didn't get much snow on the east coast this year (except today ironically), but would love all-season.

Just got the text to schedule a delivery date. Unfortunately, my wife is working both days and cannot make the 2 days they have available. Do both registrants need to be there for delivery? I thought someone said only 1 needs to be there by my Tesla advisor says both need to be present. If that’s the case, can they give me a new date? Thanks!

Just got the text to schedule a delivery date. Unfortunately, my wife is working both days and cannot make the 2 days they have available. Do both registrants need to be there for delivery? I thought someone said only 1 needs to be there by my Tesla advisor says both need to be present. If that’s the case, can they give me a new date? Thanks!
I remember someone in a similar situation on this group. He had VIN assigned but the car was to be delivered on a date he was not in town. He went and signed everything and had his daughter pick up the car on the delivery date. Chat with your SA.

Does anyone know what tires are coming on 20" wheel vehicles delivered to NJ? I'm trying to find out, but can't get a hold of anyone (already have VIN). I've heard from some previous comments in the thread that it's summer tires? I know we didn't get much snow on the east coast this year (except today ironically), but would love all-season.
I picked up my MYP (21") last week, it normally has summer tires but was delivered with all seasons. So, I would guess you'd get all seasons too.